What's Wrong With Me?

True. The only way to "connect" is to live with it and "use" it. Otherwise, it's Pocket Jewelry.

True. The only way to "connect" is to live with it and "use" it. Otherwise, it's Pocket Jewelry.

I disagree with this. I connected with my knife when Rob posted a picture of it. And the fact that it was a saturday lottery knife (I wasn't there for Friday's lottery) and I was the first called, it was destiny for me to have this knife. I never touched it before we connected. And we've been together ever since. But I know that I am not the norm.

Well, how bout' I take the word "Only" out ? The way to connect is "usually" by living or being with it.
Some do it via the internet.

Headline reads: " U.S. Divorce rate hits all-time high. Now 99.998%"

That is the 3" (Slicer) I Love the slicer in 3". Prefer Spanto in the 3.5".

Sound great! Thank you, I should get my 3" slicer tomorrow and will pick up a 3.5 spanto when I can and probably finish it up with a hellfire as my last.

Slicers are great in every existing size for the EDC roll of many.

The Spanto is a slighty thicker (at the tip) grind that gives its user a great confidence insipred feeling. You just know it will do what you need it to do when you need it the most.

Sound great! Thank you, I should get my 3" slicer tomorrow and will pick up a 3.5 spanto when I can and probably finish it up with a hellfire as my last.

Last????

Never a last for me. For as long as I am able, a loyal customer I shall be.

Ok gents--you were right. A little more carry time and about 25 flips later and I am VERY glad I didn't accept any of the trade offers I had and am VERY glad I didn't put it up for sale on the exchange. Sweet knife. Glad I own her and she will now be part of my regular rotation and in good company with my Small Sebenza 21 Insingo, Small Regular Native American Sebenza and my Alan Davis Mini Ti Framelock... I am feeling like I dodged a bullet!

Ok gents--you were right. A little more carry time and about 25 flips later and I am VERY glad I didn't accept any of the trade offers I had and am VERY glad I didn't put it up for sale on the exchange. Sweet knife. Glad I own her and she will now be part of my regular rotation and in good company with my Small Sebenza 21 Insingo, Small Regular Native American Sebenza and my Alan Davis Mini Ti Framelock... I am feeling like I dodged a bullet!

Right On!

Glad it worked out this way for you. You would miss her if you had parted ways.

And to an earlier question, I do own a couple CRKs.

Just got this about 30 minutes ago:

IMG953166.jpg

First reaction: HOLY crap that's a lot smaller than I expected. After spending about a month of looking at pics I guess I imagined it larger in real life. I am going to give the 3.5" a chance and that will probably be my casual EDC but the 3" is indeed a great EDC because it doesn't get in the way of anything and would be alright in an office setting. The 3.5" spanto will be more of a work horse and comfortable outside of work EDC.

CRAZY sharp, probably the sharpest knife I own it seems.

EDIT:
Also cant seem to open it using the flipper without flicking my wrist.

Just got this about 30 minutes ago:

IMG953166.jpg

First reaction: HOLY crap that's a lot smaller than I expected. After spending about a month of looking at pics I guess I imagined it larger in real life. I am going to give the 3.5" a chance and that will probably be my casual EDC but the 3" is indeed a great EDC because it doesn't get in the way of anything and would be alright in an office setting. The 3.5" spanto will be more of a work horse and comfortable outside of work EDC.

CRAZY sharp, probably the sharpest knife I own it seems.

EDIT:
Also cant seem to open it using the flipper without flicking my wrist.

Yes, it does seem small when you first get it. And then it seems to grow the more you use it until you think it's grown to the perfect size that you wanted! At least that's how it seems to me!!! Regarding flick - this has been talked about before. There is this trick you have to learn. You have to push forward on the flipper just before you pull back. I don't know, it's like your finger muscle loads up for a stronger flick. Try it.

Hans--thats a nice pickup! She will wear in smoothly and get easier to flip open without any wrist action at all. Put a little upward pressure on the flipper and then flip it and it opens easily. Until it breaks in a little it is ok to use some wrist action to get it open. I have asked in a post about that and Rob said to "flick away, we build em' tough."

Still nada...
I am right handed and could get it to flick easier with my left hand and I did make sure when using my right that I wasn't putting tension on the lock bar.

EDIT: Trying to decide if I should put a lanyard on this beauty. Just posted a topic over in the "Maintenance, tinkering and embellishment" section if you'd like to chime in.

Last edited:
Fear not, actually Rejoice! That beauty is NEW, hasn't been broken in. That will be your pleasure.
The finger technique referred to is pre-loading (potential energy) your finger tip and flipper form a spring if you will.
The knife will break in and fire open with no problem in a relatively short period of time.
Beautiful Knife! I love that Blue G10, one of my Favs:thumbup:

Fear not, actually Rejoice! That beauty is NEW, hasn't been broken in. That will be your pleasure.
The finger technique referred to is pre-loading (potential energy) your finger tip and flipper form a spring if you will.
The knife will break in and fire open with no problem in a relatively short period of time.
Beautiful Knife! I love that Blue G10, one of my Favs:thumbup:

Now I'm gonna hafta get a Blue G-10 scale...*mumbling* :mad:

I originally wanted orange but blue was available at my price range so I went for it and I love it. Probably my favorite. I think I'm going to get orange frag scale 3.5" spanto as my next.

I originally wanted orange but blue was available at my price range so I went for it and I love it. Probably my favorite. I think I'm going to get orange frag scale 3.5" spanto as my next.

Also, You can have some fun with an assortment of colors and textures in accessories as minor or extreme as you like.
G10 and some "ALL Ti 's"

2012-03-10_15-09-03_194.jpg

Update: I have been carrying it and using it as occasion permits--so far, I have cut some gauze (unrelated to any knife injuries!) and opened a few letters (I know, I am afraid I am beating it to death.) Smoooooth action this little beast has. Flips nicely with either flipper or thumbstuds. Sharp. I have gained an appreciation for the amazing stonewash job on the blade--it is nicer than any other stonewash I have seen. I am glad I kept it. My only dislike is that it is a tad more bulky than my small Seb and the G10 doesn't slide in and out of the pocket as easy. I will need to save up for one of the stonewashed smooth tiatnium scales--that would be one sweet package!

Back