1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What's your at work knife and your occupation?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by res1cue, Dec 9, 2011.

1. k200817

k200817

Dec 31, 2008
    IT Compliance. HEST 2.0 at the moment.

2. Tilley Knife

Tilley Knife I'm Daniel, I make stuff

Jul 6, 2011
    Come on Nick, you can find a better hero than me. You're just not looking hard enough ;)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  3. Seanifred

Seanifred

Sep 3, 2010
    laser spectroscopist

[​IMG]

4. Remyrw

Remyrw

Jun 17, 2010
    Freelance IT consultant and full time knife maker. So I primarily work from home.
    Around the house I often don't have a knife on my person but there are knives all over the place. If I've got a knife on me it's generally just a Stinger kit I tuned up a little. Yup, that basic little folder kit several of the knife making supply places sell. It does the job without leaving me concerned about damaging or losing it. It's also nice and compact and light. I keep toying with the idea of replacing it with something from Ken Onion, or making my own, but it's not a priority.

If I carry a fixed blade it's probably one I made, I have a number of prototypes and 2nds where I didn't feel like it was suitable for selling but the issue was just cosmetic. Ironically, my emergency bag doesn't have anything I made in it right now. Still getting around to fixing that.
    Right now my usual large fixed blade to grab is this. It's a large version of my Lycaon, but in 1/8" 1080 and a bit longer than usual. I originally hadn't actually finished it because the blade warped and then did a bit of an S shape when I was trying to get it straight. Since it was a test knife anyway I just moved on but eventually finished it up and used it as a patina testing surface. :) Poor thing is very confused as to what it's supposed to look like now.

[​IMG]

5. CID25

CID25

Aug 23, 2009
    I'm a CNC programmer/operator in a wood shop. My carry for the last year or so goes back and forth between a Spyderco Para2 or Sage2

6. silkworm

silkworm Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Firefighter. Currently rotate an XM-18, Large Micata Sebenza, and BM AFO.
    Also, carry a multi-tool, usually a Vic Spirit or a Leatherman Wave.

7. Chameleonbear

Chameleonbear

Aug 14, 2008
    Chef- on my person I carry usually my Delica P/S and my Benchmade mini-grip. I also carry a full set of Shun damascus chef knives (Only at work though).

8. crowmagnon

crowmagnon

Oct 29, 2010
    High school student and (very) small business owner.

I carry whatever I want lol, usually a CS Rajah II or waved Byrd Flight.

9. Coal-Cracker

Coal-Cracker

Nov 29, 2011
    Machinist, 68W/Combat Medic USAR, - BM Mini-Barrage

10. forcedestrike

forcedestrike

Jan 14, 2008
    Intelligence/OSINT and I carry my Sage 2 the most...dont use it at work but feels weird not to have a knife on me.

11. jazzyja42

jazzyja42

Sep 29, 2007
    Power Plant operator- Spyderco Sage 2

12. yobbos1

yobbos1

Mar 29, 2002
    It's really awesome to see so much diversity here on the BF! I've got 13 years in law enforcement. Currently an SRT operator/ counter-drug. I EDC a Case Sodbuster Jr, a Leatherman Juice, and one of many 3" to 4" fixed blades.

I'm currently carrying this one:

Attachment 247875

An average day at the "office".

Attachment 247876
    *sigh* It breaks the heart.

13. proguide

proguide

Mar 26, 2004
    I've been carrying a manix 2 for about a year and a half or so. Been a Police Officer for 8

14. archieblue

archieblue Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2001
    Raft Guide April-Sept. for the past nine years:

Strapped to my PFD are a Benchmade "8" Rescue Hook
    CRKT Neckolas

I've carried a Lg Seb, Strider SnG or Spyderco Military in a PFD pocket for most of that time as well. I take it out after every trip & simply towel dry after every trip & have never had a prob with rust.

One time I accidentally left a Lg Seb clipped in waist band I lost it in "Big Drop" on the Arkansas River!

Carpentry the rest of the year:

Lg Seb or latest acquisition. &/or a med. fixed (ESEE3, CRK Nyala, Strider MFS).

15. Tilley Knife

Tilley Knife I'm Daniel, I make stuff

Jul 6, 2011
    :thumbup: Awesome job! I'm envious :)

16. jasonbroni

jasonbroni

Dec 10, 2009
    Life skills instructor at a residential treatment center for kids ~ leatherman wave ~ I'm constantly fixing their toys with that thing... I even let a kid file off his hang-nail last night w/ it!

17. maximus83

maximus83

Nov 7, 2011
    Developer at a well known software company. Benchmade Mini Rukus, used for for fighting off dangerous software boxes, and batoning unruly laptops. :)

I should add, I just recently got a Para Millie 2 as a gift, and am starting to carry that on alternating days.

18. kat1

kat1

Dec 27, 2011
    Strider SMF, general contractor

19. P2P

P2P Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 24, 2010
    This week it will be SAK Spartan, Spyderco Delica in blue, Spyderco Military, Combat technologies stinger, Preon 2.

I wait tables.

20. Diverliam

Diverliam

Aug 10, 2009
    General Duties Police Officer now, formerly an Aussie Clearance Diver. I carry one of a couple of Emersons, a CQC7A or a Horseman. I like Emerson's because I can easily pull them apart for cleaning and maintenance, plus they can be worked hard and rough.