What's your at work knife and your occupation?

laser spectroscopist

photo2.jpg

Freelance IT consultant and full time knife maker. So I primarily work from home.
Around the house I often don't have a knife on my person but there are knives all over the place. If I've got a knife on me it's generally just a Stinger kit I tuned up a little. Yup, that basic little folder kit several of the knife making supply places sell. It does the job without leaving me concerned about damaging or losing it. It's also nice and compact and light. I keep toying with the idea of replacing it with something from Ken Onion, or making my own, but it's not a priority.

If I carry a fixed blade it's probably one I made, I have a number of prototypes and 2nds where I didn't feel like it was suitable for selling but the issue was just cosmetic. Ironically, my emergency bag doesn't have anything I made in it right now. Still getting around to fixing that.
Right now my usual large fixed blade to grab is this. It's a large version of my Lycaon, but in 1/8" 1080 and a bit longer than usual. I originally hadn't actually finished it because the blade warped and then did a bit of an S shape when I was trying to get it straight. Since it was a test knife anyway I just moved on but eventually finished it up and used it as a patina testing surface. :) Poor thing is very confused as to what it's supposed to look like now.

superlycaon.JPG

I'm a CNC programmer/operator in a wood shop. My carry for the last year or so goes back and forth between a Spyderco Para2 or Sage2

Firefighter. Currently rotate an XM-18, Large Micata Sebenza, and BM AFO.
Also, carry a multi-tool, usually a Vic Spirit or a Leatherman Wave.

Chef- on my person I carry usually my Delica P/S and my Benchmade mini-grip. I also carry a full set of Shun damascus chef knives (Only at work though).

High school student and (very) small business owner.

I carry whatever I want lol, usually a CS Rajah II or waved Byrd Flight.

Intelligence/OSINT and I carry my Sage 2 the most...dont use it at work but feels weird not to have a knife on me.

It's really awesome to see so much diversity here on the BF! I've got 13 years in law enforcement. Currently an SRT operator/ counter-drug. I EDC a Case Sodbuster Jr, a Leatherman Juice, and one of many 3" to 4" fixed blades.

I'm currently carrying this one:

Attachment 247875

An average day at the "office".

Attachment 247876
Wooly you are my hero ! Was that some backwoods ganja farm ?

*sigh* It breaks the heart.

I've been carrying a manix 2 for about a year and a half or so. Been a Police Officer for 8

Raft Guide April-Sept. for the past nine years:

Strapped to my PFD are a Benchmade "8" Rescue Hook
CRKT Neckolas

I've carried a Lg Seb, Strider SnG or Spyderco Military in a PFD pocket for most of that time as well. I take it out after every trip & simply towel dry after every trip & have never had a prob with rust.

One time I accidentally left a Lg Seb clipped in waist band I lost it in "Big Drop" on the Arkansas River!

Carpentry the rest of the year:

Lg Seb or latest acquisition. &/or a med. fixed (ESEE3, CRK Nyala, Strider MFS).

Life skills instructor at a residential treatment center for kids ~ leatherman wave ~ I'm constantly fixing their toys with that thing... I even let a kid file off his hang-nail last night w/ it!

Developer at a well known software company. Benchmade Mini Rukus, used for for fighting off dangerous software boxes, and batoning unruly laptops. :)

I should add, I just recently got a Para Millie 2 as a gift, and am starting to carry that on alternating days.

This week it will be SAK Spartan, Spyderco Delica in blue, Spyderco Military, Combat technologies stinger, Preon 2.

I wait tables.

General Duties Police Officer now, formerly an Aussie Clearance Diver. I carry one of a couple of Emersons, a CQC7A or a Horseman. I like Emerson's because I can easily pull them apart for cleaning and maintenance, plus they can be worked hard and rough.

Back