What's your at work knife and your occupation?

Right now my EDC knife/tool combo is a large Douk Douk a Leatherman CX and a pair of trauma shears. The Leatherman and the shears see a ton of work, the Douk Douk is relegated to peeling apples, oranges etc. My job is EMT/Paramedic.

Great thread. I'm a development coordinator for an international relief organization. I work out of my home, so right now it's a BM 940. Moving to Honduras in a month to teach English at a bi-lingual school, so I'm going to carry something much smaller.

I own a low voltage cabling company and I usually carry my RAT1 on my or a hidden cheapo meyerco neck knife. But I bought my first spyderco online 2 days ago and might switch up for a change. If it didnt attract too much attention, id be carrying my Fallkniven A1 at my side.

I'm an electrical engineer. We have a 'no weapons' policy on company property. So my guns an larger knives stay at home. I carry a spyderco Chicago inside my right pocket, clipped on the little change pocket thing at the bottom.

I'm an Electrician.... this is my work EDC. Use it about 20-30 times an hour to cut and split wire. You need an ultra thin blade to cut the wire jackets, it also scrapes against the copper ground wires and gets pretty banged up so its also a good idea to have a replaceable blade if you need to. True one handed opening (and closing) "Ofla" style knife. Love this knife!! A- knife, the only drawback is that its a little thick, but if you work in the a trade, the extra "beefyness" is gives you more power.

milwaukee-knife-fastback-utility.jpg

In my pouch for misc utilities and back up knife I use a Dragonfly 2 black FRN.

dragonfly2a.jpg

On my keychain is a SAK Manager, but I have replaced the tweezers for a tooth pick! :)

VN53232.jpg

Last edited:
male dancer, so its a sak between my toes,,,nooooo I am a ford serv mgr and usually a se leek for zip ties and such and a benchmade 770 for light duty stuff

I find myself with a orange spyderco delica almost daily. I deliver heavy machinery & roofing materials via semi/flatbed. I end up in some strange jobsites to say the least.

Medical device sales rep. Spyderco Dragonfly2. Works great for opening boxes / packaging and I don't have to ask the RN for scissors anymore!

Tower crane and building hoist construction/maintenance
Carry a Leatherman Charge TTi and Para2 on person, have SAK pioneer and CS Tuff lite in shoulder bag (mostly in the van) and Opinel No.8 in lunch box, Oh and cheap carbon slipjoint always used instead of stanley to strip insulation off wires, I can get it sharper with DMT dia fold than new stanley blades and sharpness stays longer. The charge gets a lot of use but mainly emergency pliers and screw bits, might throw the Tuff lite instead of the works slipjoint see how it works out

Student and lab research assistant.

M390 Para2 on me, and a Leatherman Charge in my bag.

The professor who runs the lab is a gun guy with an interest in knives; I'm a knife guy with an interest in guns. We get along pretty well.

I am in the military and regularly carry a Camilus Blaze with a straight edge. It is spring assisted and a quality built knife. Alot of bang for the taxpayer buck! I realy like it. I have carried Spyderco's and other more expensive knives. This one fits the bill for a stout, quality made product. I bought them for my folks at 20 bucks a knife. not a bad deal for a good dependable tool.

Right now I'm working in an optical lab as a student and I dont change my knife for the tasks in there - so the main folder is usually a reground BM710-2 or a black 810.

Last edited:
I'm a deckhand on a towboat. I carry a Spyderco Tasman Salt for cutting lines and a CRKT Guppy for repairing pumps and stuff like that. Good tools for their respective jobs and small enough to not get snagged on anything and pull me into the river.

I'm a musician, playing music for dancers. My at work knives are usually a pair or a trio of custom Emerson CQC-9's.

37f13463.jpg

250b1f51.jpg

Cheers and Regards!

MMMMMMM!!!! I wish i had Nicks job!!....im a carpenter by trade....i do pole and cable work for artificial shelters...i use these.......FES
soddy029.jpg

frosty018.jpg

netsaxe3007.jpg

I work in a grocery store back room, and part time tree removal, used to be a classic made in usa buck 110, now is a all black plain edge kershaw blur (also made in usa)

Back