1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What's your at work knife and your occupation?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by res1cue, Dec 9, 2011.

1. gillyman04

gillyman04

Jun 20, 2013
    Bike technician. Strider sng or CRK large sebenza

2. Mic77

Mic77

Mar 7, 2013
    Contractor / Carpenter sebenza 25

3. LFC3

LFC3

May 27, 2014
    Retail Manager. Custom SAK Fieldmaster, and a Classic SD.

4. KELAMA

KELAMA

Jun 28, 2013
    :thumbup: Tmack!
    It's refreshing, seeing a blue collar working man actually use his high quality CRK, to do his dirty work. That picture, is an amazing testimonial, for CRK!

5. wazu013

wazu013 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Retired contractor - ZT301

6. Harry

Harry

Aug 8, 2014
    [​IMG]

IT office worker and I carry a CRKT Drifter which is very office friendly and very good for cutting up my daily afternoon apple. The stainless steel gray titanium nitride finish blade is very easy to clean and maintain.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  7. adams-usmc

adams-usmc

Aug 30, 2011
    I build die cast machines for the automotive industry.

Usually I carry 2-3 knives in rotation. Strider SMF Tanto, Spyderco Tenacious, Spyderco Yojimbo 2, Spyderco Tuff, Swamp Rat Ratmandu...just to name the usual suspects. I work in a very knife friendly environment. My supervisor loves Busse Knives, and watched me chop up a 2x4 with my ASHBM in a vise with like 4 swings one day. He loved it.

8. Budaflash

Budaflash

Feb 24, 2014
    I'm a national account manager and when I'm in the office I carry a Spyderco sage 2.

9. Neko2

Neko2 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 18, 2003
    I'm a printer & currently manage the printing department of a health care company.
    I've carried a Leatherman Juice Pro for nearly 20 years and currently keep a RAT-1 and a SAK explorer in the back pocket.
    The mafnifier makes a great loupe when you dont want to bother with the real deal.
    Add a Craftsman folding utility knife and I'm all set.

10. scottyj

scottyj

Jan 29, 2009
    I drive Roll Off for a small private sanitation company. I carry a ZT 0200 every day.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  11. wtlj

wtlj

Jun 30, 2014
    IBEW Electrician. I rotate through 5 weekly.
    Spyderco Southard
    Spyderco Sage 2
    Spyderco Gayle Bradley
    Spyderco para 2
    Spyderco Techno
    I guess you could say I haven't found "the" knife yet. I have however learned that pretty much any knife works for edc, the rest is personal preference! I just ordered my first Alox Sak which might change the game for me!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  12. d0nut

d0nut

Dec 5, 2012
    Network Architect / Ritter Mini Grip or Spydie Techno mainly.

13. choombak

choombak Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Software engineer, SureFire Jekyll / Sebenza Insingo / TSF Beast mainly. Anything around 3" works well.

14. muphasta

muphasta

Jun 30, 2013
    That's what she said! :D

sorry, couldn't resist

I work in a computer lab environment with a lot of access controls and policies in place. I always have my SAK Classic on my keys, but I switch between a Kershaw Leek and a Sog Blink for my "other" blades. I like knives that can fit into the coin/watch pocket of my jeans so the Sog fits that bill nicely.

15. f250

f250

Aug 9, 2014
    Landscape account manager
    The leatherman and rat 3 are my heavy use, stick in the mud and fix irrigation tools, then I rotate through the folders pictured for normal cutting tasks.

I recently added a streamlight microstream and I've also started carrying a lighter smaller folder in my left front pocket for delicate tasks (splinter picking etc).

Yes. I carry up to 3 knives and a multitool. My co-workers think I'm crazy. I also always have any tool I or they need on me all the time.

Attached Files:

16. grins000

grins000

Jun 28, 2008
    Ford Serv. Mgr.

A Benchmade small stryker se, older model

17. TBL

TBL

Dec 26, 2013
    Former military / armed private security contractor. Went from that to private armored car / armed liability transfers to stay closer to home. Wanted better hours / more time with the family so I now work as a "Receiving Coordinator" working with logistics companies to schedule incoming deliveries to the warehouse I work in.

I used to EDC WP_001308.jpg and a Schrade X-timer

Now;
    [​IMG]

18. amg137

amg137

Sep 21, 2013
    Chemist. My main work carries are a Sebenza 21 Insingo and an Umnumzaan. Mostly they just handle typical office-type tasks at work, opening a few packages a day. They also get used for food prep at our group meetings from time to time.

19. SFW

SFW

Aug 15, 2014
    I'm a Security Service Tech. My EDCs are a Benchmade 580 Barrage, SAK Cadet and a Gerber multitool. Not sure the model of the Gerber... I've had it since 1994, so whatever they sold then. Lol

20. DapperDan

DapperDan

Aug 3, 2009
    I am carrying my Spyderco Domino mostly. I was going to carry one of my Benchmades but they both got stolen out of my luggage by our wonderful TSA.