1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What's your at work knife and your occupation?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by res1cue, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Pharmagator

Pharmagator Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Pharmacist... Spyderco Military - no zip-ties can stand up to my millie!

I own many knives, but nothing has moved the military out of the pocket!

(oh, and a SAK on the keyring...)

(and a Ruger 9mm and a Spyderco Lum Tanto in the briefcase)

2. greatblades7

greatblades7

Nov 26, 2010
    when i was an active duty field artillery soldier i carried a spyderco paramilitary. now that i own a cutlery company, i know a lot more about knives then i did back then. i still carry a spyderco paramilitary...

3. Therealtwitch

Therealtwitch

Feb 8, 2014
    Apache mechanic. Today I used my 0562cf

[​IMG]

4. ilmonster

ilmonster

Dec 7, 2013
    Financial Analyst, so I have the very dangerous job of flying a desk for a living. I work for a manufacturing entity where even the CEO has a folder clipped to his khaki's. I carry a Spyderco Dragonfly or Manbug in my pocket if wearing khaki's, a Mini Grip or Emerson CQC-7 if wearing jeans and have a GEC #92 in my briefcase for afternoon apple cutting. Oh, and a Leatherman Skeletool also in my briefcase for things that need to be snipped, or screwed.

p.s. as someone else mentioned, love the diversity of this site!! Great bunch of folks.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  5. Tired_Yeti

Tired_Yeti

Oct 22, 2013
    1) Prison Nurse

2) Nothing...not allowed to carry any knives or cellphones into a prison.

6. csisagent

csisagent

Aug 5, 2007
    Tax Accountant.

Primarily:
    * Small Carbon Fiber Sebenza Insingo
    * Caly 3 Carbon Fiber
    * Benchmade 480-1 Shoki CF (on suit days!)

7. Shaggy DA

Shaggy DA

Aug 16, 2014
    My go to knife on the job is a Leatherman Supertool 300. Does that count as a knife though? It simply has everything that I need (blades included of course :) ) I'm a welder so the pliers, wire cutters, and driver bits come in handy when having to service the machine(s) that I use on a daily basis.

8. Fubijar03

Fubijar03

Sep 17, 2014
    I work at a car parts store, and with our customer base I can get away with carrying basically anything. It seems to be between my MKT 187(F) or my Dragonfly.

I tried the Techno for a while, but for some reason I really don't want to mar it up.

Mike.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  9. Marko3

Marko3

Dec 12, 2010
    My full time occupation is painting contractor and I carry a lot off different knives out of work..But a CQ 7 in auto mode by Pro - Tech is my go to for work. Chisel grind works great for my job and the auto feature is quick and reliable .

10. WEB2

WEB2

Oct 13, 2004
    Maintenance engineer(fancy lingo for handyman). Crkt m21 and leatherman wingman and a small SAK with a light and pen. After work an esee 3 or blackjack tac-ops 4 and .44 special get added to the belt.

11. JDunn709

JDunn709

Jan 7, 2009
    Badass! Great picture!

12. midwestEDCguy

midwestEDCguy

Jun 18, 2014
    x2!! Major Bad Ass!!!

13. Therealtwitch

Therealtwitch

Feb 8, 2014
    Well in all honesty they're dummy rounds. We use them to test the ammo handling system. Even still 30mm rounds are always a cool backdrop for a knife

14. pvicenzi

pvicenzi

Dec 25, 2008
    Technician. Carry a Les George ESV
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  15. BDbrad

BDbrad

Aug 30, 2013

Knive(s): A Hinderer of some sort (Spanto, Slicer, Wharnie) or CRK Umnumzaan

16. Matt93

Matt93 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 17, 2013
    Love carrying my blue weave domino, and I'm train crew at Union Pacific RR

Attached Files:

17. Tired_Yeti

Tired_Yeti

Oct 22, 2013
    When I'm not at work, I EDC a multitool also. I have a few dedicated knives but the blade is actually one of the tools I use the least on a regular basis so I don't EDC just a knife.

Love the Leatherman tools. Good ol' made in the USA!

18. mars5l

mars5l

Mar 18, 2014
    Auto tech at a dealer, my edc is a Buck Vantage Select Small

19. nemesis

nemesis Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 5, 2005
    LEO here and I carry a ZT 560 (until I can get a 3.5 xm18) and a victorinox tinker on my person. In the car I also have a leatherman supertool 300 and Al Mar SERE operator

20. hotkey2000

hotkey2000

Feb 29, 2012
    Computer programmer.

My office EDC is
    Delica 4 with G-10 handle, serrated blade swap, and blue deep carry clip by STR.
    Plus a key chain SAK Mini Champ.
    Plus a small stockman knife. Currently a Wal Mart variety Chinese made Buck, but planning to upgrade to G.E.C. with carbon steel.

And anything from my collection when working from home, normally a 3.5-4" folder. Currently a Spyderco Starmate.