What's your at work knife and your occupation?

Currently an IT Professional. Prior to that, I was a process engineer for the pharmaceutical industry.

I can carry whatever I want, but I don't need anything extreme for work. My Spyderco Dragonfly carries well in dress pants.

Not cutting meat anymore except to help hunting friends.

Self employed pest control business, still trappin' for cash like when I was a kid with dad.

Dozier folder-large, sometimes my military or others but try to keep it cheap at work as I use them hard.
Plus going into crawl spaces and attics if you lose your 25 dollar knife it is not the end of the world. At 95$ an hour on jobs you can justify abandoning it instead of wasting a futile hour plus looking for a knife that probably won't be found.

Offshore Supply Vessel captain - I usually carry a SAK Helmsman. Cheap enough to not get upset if gets lost overboard.

Chemical engineer, work in an office. This does all I need. Ray Laconico with CF scales, S35VN. It fits fine with a S&W 642 or Ruger LCR (yes, office policy is great).

2011_08060040.jpg

Facility Technician for a landfill gas-to-energy project. I've been alternating between my ZT0350, Kershaw Rake, and Buck Vantage Force. I always have either my Leatherman wave or Skeletool with me as well.

This is a good thread, It's been interesting reading so far :D

National Park Ranger, mainly carry either a Fallkniven TK4 or Opinel #8 and a Scagel Barehead Jack when I know it isn't going to rain. Roselli carpenter's knife, Gransfors Bruks Scandanavian Forest axe and Silky hand saw when some remote trail clearing needs to be done:)

Mostly carry my Swamp Rat Rodent Solution as a Metal Fabricator for a power and water utility in the southwest. Maintain power lines and Dams, build Substations.

014.jpg

Getting reaqdy to go up and weld on some new arm mounts.
085.jpg

The view from about 150ft.
086.jpg

Commuting to work.
075-1.jpg

I am a traveling small arms repairman for dod, and I carry a Buck Vantage pro and a Leatherman Kick, a SOG TOOLCLIP and a Case Peanut. The peanut and Vantage Pro are always with me, the others stay in my tool bag and on my work bench. Sometimes I bring a medium sized stockman of one brand or another and occaisionally a Buck 110 or 112.

I am a USCG Gunner's Mate and I carry a BM AFO II and a SAK Spartan. I also have a SOG EOD multitool handy, as well. I figure that should just about cover anything out in the field.

I'm a student and part time small business owner so most of the time I try to EDC something that doesn't grab a whole lot of attention as of recently I've been carrying a stainless Opinel 06 and sometimes a GEC #56 Dogleg Jack in Ivory bone.

Humble city worker... in a fast-paced, heart-stoppin' office environment! ;)

Here's a current favourite set-up...
vansak01.jpg

But I like to rotate out the one-handers. Some of my 'usual suspects'...
pockethogs01.jpg

Off work, I'll usually opt for something a little larger like the Para 2, Ontario RAT-1 or this casual combo....
frictioncanoe01.jpg

Custom friction folder and a Rough Rider Lockback Canoe.

Last edited:
Union Millwright

My current job site, a nuclear power plant, has a 2.5" blade length restriction in place.

I carry a Spyderco Dragonfly in G10. A well-thought-out little cutting tool!

Urgent Care Physician
Most common blade used at work...#11 Bard-Parker Scalpel blade.
EDC: most recently, Sypderco Tenacious (actually had to use it in an emergecy when saftey sissors where unavailable and we had to remove clothing in order to apply defibrillator pads...glad it was sharp :) ) Also, like EDC a Kershaw damascus LEEK (lost my S30V :-( )
Usually have a Leatherman Micra on my key chain, and often a SAK Pioneer.

Warehouse assistant supervisor. I can pretty much carry whatever I want' We have a "3 inch rule" but nobody enforces it. I have a recon 1 tanto most if the time along with a OD green leek. Recon soon to be replaced with a kershaw rake(should be here Tuesday)

I wait tables, while i'm going for my bachelors degree. They have never said anything so I carry whatever I want. Today it was a Spyderco Military PE and a mid-70's Schrade Old-Timer.

I'll start a career as soon as an opportunity shows itself.

Back