Whats your favorite Mora

As far as hardness levels, the carbon steel blades are said to be a point or two higher on the Rockwel scale than the stainless blades.

All per Ragnar's site: http://www.ragweedforge.com/SwedishKnifeCatalog.html

Yes Ragnar has very recently updated this page with the merge of the two brands.
However in the old text when these where two different companies he stated that beside the carbon/stainless/laminated differences the rc of the Eriksson was overal a bit higher than Frosts.
I could be wrong because I'm no expert, but this is what I remember.

I still wonder why the clipper series is much more popular than the 9xx and 7xx. :confused:
In any case the Eriksson 9xx series are (among others) discontinued according to their website:

http://www.moraofsweden.se/index.php

Also the Frosts 7xx (craftsman) and the Eriksson 5xx series :(

Funny, I just noticed that the Mora 2000 is not listed on the Ragnar site Mora page. Am I missing something.:confused: It's been there every time I checked before today.

ragnar must be selling alot. a few models have dropped off his website....the stainless version of the 510 and now the 2000.

the 2000 seems more impressive than the pictures i've seen...even though the colors are hideous. and the sheath seems less likely to break than the others.

the 510 arrived pretty dull too but sharpened easily...it will be getting the mustard treatment once i get some steel wool.

That's weird, earlier today it was indeed still on there.
Anyway it's still on the mora of sweden site (at least at two sections :) )

If Ragnar is out of stock, he usually just mentions it.
He never removed the the pic and text
the 510 is no longer available (made)

haha, I wouldn't be surprised if this thread caused a spike in his business/stock levels. It certainly caused me to order a few.

Yep...I ordered a few of the (presumed) discontinued ones a week ago because of a similar thread from that other forum.

I don't think that anyone mentioned the Tradesman. It's a little cheaper. This was the one I was considering but it says something about a hollow handle. Is this different than the others. Would this make it weaker? Also does anyone have the serrated bladed Craftsman? I thought that this might make a good canoeing blade.

I took my new Triflex craftsman on a winter overnighter this week. It worked great. I just hung it around my neck with a loop of paracord, very handy knife. Mac

Hands down my favorite is the Mora 2000, I love the dual grind and blade shape. After the M2K I would roll with the Clipper, then the SWAK.

Normark's sheaths are a great addition to any Mora!!

+1 on the 510, and the 545 (stainless version). They are pretty ugly but the handle is probably the most comfortable I have used - for my hands anyway. I also have to agree on the sheaths from On/Scene. I have both a neck and belt sheath from Eric and they are excellent.

I just ordered the Frost mora stainless clipper and the Frost 4.25 inch carbon steel kit blade from Bensoutdoorproducts on Ebay. Should have them sometime in the next few weeks, I can't wait! I've also scoured the ragweedforge site. The Karesuando blade blanks he has there look sturdy. I'll definitely be buying a few of those and a 3 inch and 6 inch Frost blank. My order is building! lol.
:)

My favorite is the Sportsman's Guide Military Mora.

morayo0.gif

That's where I got mine, love it. Be advised, the catalog and website show the carbon steel model, but they shipped me a stainless one. No biggie, I'll just keep it and send an order for a carbon one Ragnar's way.

Frost's Clipper models are great. They're tough, and the rubber on the handles eliminates the concern about grip that I have with the traditional rounded-wooden-handled Moras. Their handles are great for small-to-mid-sized hands, and I (who have pretty big hands) have no problem with them, either. I use the high-carbon variety. The Clipper sheath retains the knife by part of the handle's snapping into the plastic sheath. I don't have a heck of a lot of confidence in that locking mechanism, and I wonder if it might let a knife get knocked loose in heavy outdoor activity. I have heard of people who've had the Clipper sheath (named for the fact that one doesn't put one's belt through a belt-loop; rather, the sheath has an integral plastic clip that one clips down over the belt) pop off their belts sometimes. This could be fixed by adding some other means of securing sheath to belt--a little cordage would do this trick easily. Ergonomically, I like these knives the best of the Moras I've used.

I agree with every word. I wear a men's XL glove, my woman wears a women's medium, and we both feel the Clipper is 100% comfortable. I'm looking into someone here making a kydex sheath for mine. The Clipper sheath failed the "hold-it-upside-down-and-shake-hell-out-it" test. (from two inches above a safe surface so it didn't leap out and claim one of my toes, of course!) I'm wondering if it might be worth heating up the original sheath with a heat gun and trying to press-fit it more snugly to the knife? I have visions of welding the plastic sheath to the handle, though, lol.

Hey Gibson, just got my order today, they were the High Carbon.

It's just a few SS thrown in there. Place another order, odds are you'll get a Carbon. :thumbup:
Order two :thumbup: :thumbup:

disclaimer, I am in no way affiliated with my Uncle Gary Olen's SportsmanGuide. :D

If I were, I'd be passing out Mora's to everyone! :thumbup:

. I'm looking into someone here making a kydex sheath for mine. The Clipper sheath failed the "hold-it-upside-down-and-shake-hell-out-it" test. (from two inches above a safe surface so it didn't leap out and claim one of my toes, of course!) I'm wondering if it might be worth heating up the original sheath with a heat gun and trying to press-fit it more snugly to the knife? I have visions of welding the plastic sheath to the handle, though, lol.

Hey I test MY sheaths that way!!! :)

Give Normark a buzz bro...He is tops when it comes to drastic plastic for Swak's!

Just ordered my first moras, a OD clipper and an errickson 911, It was hard to decide but I wanted 1 from both companies.
I also picked up a neat little fork/spoon/knife combo for 3 bucks.
Prices were good, too.
Is the clipper stainless or carbon?
http://stores.ebay.com/BENS-BACKWOODS

Back