1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What's your favourite knife/knives in 5"-7" range?

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by XtianAus, Jul 24, 2016.

1. tinfoil hat timmy

tinfoil hat timmy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Choil-less tank buster and my original steel heart ergo.

Second and third from the right

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  2. Raoh67

Raoh67

May 26, 2011
    The Trash 1!
    [​IMG]

3. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    [​IMG]

4. CHEMMINS

CHEMMINS

Nov 21, 2015
    I like my BG ASH1......it is comfy...tough as nails....holds a great shaving edge.

5. TommyGun56

TommyGun56 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 29, 2014
    Absolutely Beautiful Texican!!!

6. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    I am thinking maaaaaaybe the ASH1.... ;)

7. nemesis

nemesis Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 5, 2005
    The HG-55 of course, followed closely by the Hell Razor terror monkey that I foolishly sold and want to replace.\
    [​IMG]

8. mach 5

mach 5 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2012
    This is a hard one and I guess it depends on the mission...

My most used knives in this range are the definitely the the pork shank and infidu. They are just so compact and practical, and lets face it, as much as we love our big knives around here, the shank an Du can do just about anything, but chop wood. The infidu, while not a chopper, has enough blade height to baton some reasonably thick wood, while the shank will excel if you need to filet a pan fish, but can still dress and elk. For the 7in range I may be the only guy here who really loves the Sarge 7; at its given weight I find it remarkably efficient and will do more than some shorter but heavier knives in the buses lineup (many here will doubtlessly prefer the basic 8, but that is an 8in knife :)

Honorable mention goes to the Ash 1 .22 (great at batoning but no ones first choice to filet a small fish), hell razor, hg 55 and the TG variants (I like the Crusader), but I find in general the Sarge is lighter than these knives, longer, well balanced and has a better usefulness to weight ratio. This is just for me and my hands, personal thing, Ashs etc. are still awesome. :thumbup: :D

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  9. TheMtnMan

TheMtnMan

Feb 11, 2015
    I agree, it would depend on the Mission, but i dont think you can go wrong with ASH-1, HG55, TG14, SOB on a shorter end.

10. Cobalt

Cobalt Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 1998
    yup, that is what I have

11. Beariver

Beariver

Mar 23, 2010
    ASH-1 of course...

12. DirtyPhill

DirtyPhill

Nov 13, 2007
    BATAC

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. The Hobbiest

The Hobbiest

Mar 17, 2016
    Axe Hammer by single Busse blade ownership default.

14. dman62

dman62 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 27, 2010
    Lots of great choices in that range. Rodent 6 will get my vote today. ASH-1, RMD, or InfiDu great choices as well.

15. Noxious Fumes

Noxious Fumes

Sep 7, 2011
    Yes....yes .... And yes. Andy has got me back on this one, I'm sure.

The ASH-1 is it for me. Luckily, there just isn't a bad choice here..... Just look at the designs suggested. Pick the one that is most pleasing to you.

16. Murman

Murman

Nov 11, 2015

17. Murman

Murman

Nov 11, 2015
    7.5 " Randall model 18. Got it last millennium when I was 19 years old.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    On the short end, the INFImandu, satin, thin. Second choice would be the SWATmandu. On the long end, Hellrazor. I would not have believed I would fall for that design like I have when I ordered it in O2W. But it is by far and away my favorite blade in that size range.

19. Robdude

Robdude

Feb 27, 2015
    Ash1...Fat

20. BillyJoeBobJim

BillyJoeBobJim

Jun 14, 2007
    S5LE
    War Dog
    Pork Shank
    HG55
    SMD

I actually have two Pork Shanks on the exchange. The only reason I'm not keeping those two are the G10. I much prefer canvas micarta.
    The HG55 is a wonderful design, but it is too thick and heavy for my preference.
    I want to like the SMD, but the grind and edge is so awful for my use that I always grab an S5LE, PS, or WD instead. :eek:

Attached Files: