Whats your grail Knife?

My Grail knife right now is my ZT 0560

IMG_0289.jpg

I've never had a grail-anything. (Besides my wife, but she isn't a thing) I use and enjoy the things I buy. If I didn't like them, I wouldn't buy them.

Meh. I suppose if I had to choose a knife, it would be a fully custom knife designed and made by myself. I would be more proud and respectful of that blade than any that I purchased.

I guess I'm weird as one of the first knives I bought was my grail knife. A Microtech Halo III plain stonewash 2001 vero beach (Jack Bauer model) got it a few years ago at a great price which nowadays would be a crazy price. I suppose that was a good decision as I was able to work backwards and not waste my time and money on cheapos and fine tune my tiny collection of mid to high end knives. I've had knives come and go but that Halo is and will be the centerpiece of my cutlery.

I'm not sure if my grail knife exists...

It would be a small Kukri. 7" blade, 1/4" thick, made of Damascus steel with polished red micarta scales enclosing a modernized full tang handle with a small guard above the blade, and a curved rear bolster & quillon (similar in style to the handle on a CS Spartan).

I'd probably have to go hungry for weeks to acquire such a knife, but it would be worth it :)

My holy unicorn knife is the Spyderco Chinook 1, I have one serial numbered 200. I had some pretty badass hard to find knives and when I thinned down my collection down to just ONE knife, that was the one I kept.

My other grail is the Para 2 CF S90V. I love it so much I'll soon to have two so I can keep one in the "collectors" and one to EDC.

I'm still in Production knives. So, my grail is my Spydie PM2 in S90v blade-steel. Don't see how that combo can be beat.
Sonny

For me there is no "ONE" I have knives I think would be awesome for a specific application and I lust after it for that reason. Its why most of my humble collection is made up of mid $$$ working knives. I do have a hankering for a sebbie though, also Ive always wanted an EDC fixed blade for pocket carry that I just havnt been able to find. I guess one day Ill find one that might be the "ONE" but Ill have to settle for one of the ones that arent the "ONE" from one half of my one sided collection

And ONE other thing, how do you know that one of the ones that arent the "one" isnt really the "one" until you go chasing after the "one" and find out that it isnt really the "one" because one of the ones that didnt seem to be the "one" one day turnes out to be the "one"? Then The "one" will be just one of the ones that isnt the "one".....and will hence be lonely without its quotations.

It sure is late...........:D:D:D

Watching a documentary video on King Arthur right now. I like the term "grail", even if it is overused these days.

I used to say that the "grail" knife was a cheap, well made slipjoint in decent carbon steel, and would rail on about how that is what knives were years ago. Now, I've realized that Schrade Old Timers were all that not that many years ago. Anyone got any for sale cheap? ;)

Now we need Rough Rider to make a good carbon steel model model for us now.

Anyways, a grail knife for me would be an inexpensive Barlow with a "working man's" steel main blade (carbon, or a mid-range stainless like AUS-8) and a small blade of 1095 hardened to 62 rockwell to use to scrape, deburr steel. etc.

kind of a grail, actually a user

Denis "Walls" Mura Italy
"Liquid Steel" A2 and M3 composite
n6xag.jpg

Kiko Salvestroni
KAATAK in Vanadis 4 Extra 61hrc and G-10
fullconvex :cool:
2805gnr.jpg

I guess my favorite knife of all time is a Buck 110. Some years ago, I was talking with Pete about their Buck Custom Shop work and he replied to my comment re Damascus steel that they just happened to have a teardrop Damascus blade available. I couldn't stand it... I obligated myself for the $175 delivered price of the knife below - flaming Koa scales, NS bolsters, and teardrop Damascus! It was twice the price of my then next most expensive knife - a Cabela's/Buck AG110.

002-6.jpg

I would soon spend more - much more - on knives. I now have a WC/CR 'StarTac' Umnumzaan as my most expensive knife. Throw in a plain Jane small Sebbie in S35VN, ZT-0551/0561, Kershaw TILT!, and even my Lionsteel SR-1 Ti from Blade. But - if I must leave my home in a hurry, after my wife and cats, an S&W revolver or two, I'll grab that CS 110. I guess that makes it my acquired 'grail' knife.

Stainz

Back