What's your latest SAK?

I would have to recommend the Outrider as your First 111mm or the Fireman if your are more of an outdoors use type person. The 111mm SAK's are available in both liner lock and the older style sliding pin lock with the button on the back. Both have their advantages and some say disadvantages. Left-handers do not get along very well with the liner lock versions. The sliding pin lock works very well but it does leave some play and there are some folks who just expect too much from a $30 knife.

Solid advice.

Thanks.

I have mixed feelings about the 111mm locking knives. I have a lot of quality locking blades. So for me, the 111mm lockers are probably a big step down for a locking blade. But the other tools are intriguing.

On Friday a nib Victorinox Trail Guide showed up in the mail box. I am thinking about carrying it with my Farmer. Those two together would make a heck of a nice edc combo for me.
Jim

On Friday a nib Victorinox Trail Guide showed up in the mail box. I am thinking about carrying it with my Farmer. Those two together would make a heck of a nice edc combo for me.
Jim

Unusual model! I had never even heard of it and had to search for it on SAKwiki. Congrats.

I have a Recruit in shipment right now. I'm on a kick for minimalist SAKs right now.

Just won a white Huntsman off of a popular online auction site. $14.55 shipped! Woot! Looks like it's in excellent condition too, and still has the factory edges on it.

I have enough SAKs that I really don't want any more plain red ones anymore. I have been eyeing white models, and don't yet own a Huntsman. So I'm psyched. I also want a Stayglow someday.

I am quite fond of the 111mm models. My EDC is the Adventurer which I really like. It has never left me down and I keep a spare in case I loose this one. I have several other models as well, but I have gravitated to that size for all of my using SAKs.

The Huntsman is one every sak fan should have. The white scales are a bonus. Conrats on your new sak. I bet you will love it.
Jim

The huntsman is great and at that price even better. I bought some spare white scales and planned to put them on my fieldmaster but never did.

Sent from my Ash forum mobile

sakcamper01.jpg

Picked up a Camper a few days ago. I like it, but I'd rather it have the regular plain scale on the shield side. Or say "fighting" with an embossed fist on the side opposite of the "camping" with the tipi scale... :D

Nice Camper, Timberweasel.

I happen to be carrying my ruby Camper today, with a Spyderco Endura 4 CE in foilage green.

0117085806.jpg

My latest purchase was not for me. I bought a Tinker/Classic combo because my son wanted a SAK for pocket carry. The Tinker was a Christmas gift and is now with him at college. The classic is on my wife's keychain, replacing a blue one with broken scales and lost toothpick/tweezers which she has carried for years.

The latest for me was a Hunstman, but I've had it a year or two.

This may not count, but before the Huntsman my latest was the SwissTool RS, purchased new for $45 two and a half years ago. Great deal on a great multi-tool.

Last edited:
If you like the RS you should try the spirit. I have the road tour edition one and love that thing. I also have an RS. It was my first victorinox multi tool. I've had saks for a while but never tried a multi. I got it last year as a gift.

Sent from my Ash forum mobile

I just got my first SAK since I was a kid, a Fieldmaster from the bay for a silly price. Love this tool already and using it heaps. How did I ever live without it? I suspect there may be one or two more heading my way shortly.

Once it dawned on me how cheaply one can get most models of used Vics on a popular auction site, I became a bit compulsive about it. After buying nearly twenty of them (actually a lot more if you include some lots of Classics that I have), I'm beginning to settle down. But I have three in shipment right now. :)

But it's silly after a bit. I don't need every tool configuration or color. I need to keep reminding myself of that.

My latest SAK is a Waiter with nylon scales. It was used but is in like new condition. I'm EDCing a Tourist, which is an 84mm version of the Spartan. I don't ever use the small blade, so I'm thinking about getting a Sportsman, which is essentially the same knife but with a nail file instead of the blade. The file would be stronger than a blade and better (as well as safer) for non-cutting tasks, such as gentle prying.

I bought a Sportsman just yesterday. Yes, I have a SAK problem. And I need to stop. But it was <$7 shipped, so I got it.

:)

I bought a Cadet Alox. For a good price <13 EUR

Nice price! And a nice SAK. Of the twenty-ish models I own, the Cadet might be the most practical EDC knife, really. Big enough to work with, yet small to carry. Looks classy too. And I like having a nile file and cleaner. I really like your belt clip, btw. I haven't seen one of those before.

Nice price! And a nice SAK. Of the twenty-ish models I own, the Cadet might be the most practical EDC knife, really. Big enough to work with, yet small to carry. Looks classy too. And I like having a nile file and cleaner. I really like your belt clip, btw. I haven't seen one of those before.

I personally like the farmer better. If the cadet had scissors and a saw it would be perfect. :D

It's not here yet but I have a custom sak on its way. Will have orange g10 scales and of course the tools I picked. :thumbup: :D

I personally like the farmer better. If the cadet had scissors and a saw it would be perfect. :D

It's not here yet but I have a custom sak on its way. Will have orange g10 scales and of course the tools I picked. :thumbup: :D

New used Farmer for me. I love it! Man, I can't wait to see that custom. Should be sweet!

Back