What's your latest Schrade? START DATE 8/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
No bling, just the knife which works perfectly. Solid lock-up, no blade play. The seller just posted 1 not so good picture and no description. For such a low price i am willing to take a chance and this time it paid off: excellent knife and surprise, a very low serial #.
roland

No pics. In the last few weeks I've picked up a schrade 881 and a nice US Schrade Extreme BT01.

Very good on the BTO1. It does deserve to be shown here. Please do post pictures. Some folks may not have seen one of these.
roland

Very good on the BTO1. It does deserve to be shown here. Please do post pictures. Some folks may not have seen one of these.
roland

BT01.jpg

My 'new' BT01, pretty sure it's been sharpened, but can't see any signs of hard use.

BT01_usa.jpg

The all important USA tang stamp.

M7S.jpg

This is the knife (Imperial M7S) that launched me on my search for the BT01. It was a gift to my 11 yo from his grandfather.

Thanks. Now to complete the 'set' you need the Schrade Bomb Tech. I do have all 3 but it took a lot of looking and a little luck.
roland

Had a good week and added to my Frontier flock. Found a good Imperial to go with my MAC Tools one.

Frontier 4323 Made only in 1976
100_1040.jpg

100_1041.jpg

Frontier 4432 Chatham 1877 -1977
100_1078.jpg

100_1077.jpg

Imperial 4" Stockman Ingersoll-Rand #169
100_1076.jpg

100_1075.jpg

got the imperial a couple weeks ago at a gun show and got the shrade walden
last friday at an antique store. sorry, not the best picture...no camera, just have my work iphone
IMG_0222.JPG

Imperial Cattle knife. The old Imperials before the introduction of shell handles & bolsters ( ~ 1936 ?) were built as well as the Ulsters, SCC, etc. of that time. But, don't tell anyone, because they still get overlooked on 'the bay' and thus are not expensive to collect.
roland

Busy picking up Barlows last week. Front ones are two Imperials. Rear are a Camco and a big Colonial.

DSC_0025_zps6ae2bef1.jpg

I came across an older looking LB7 the other day...it has the Mac Tools logo etched on the blade, and the serial number is AX97250. I have no idea what I have here, but it seems to be a really stout piece. It looks to have been used hard, but the blade is in good shape and it doesn't appear to have been sharpened.

:confused:

...why can't i find my camera when i need it...

Last edited:
Just got this one a while back... 6OT

unused, factory grind, lock is a bit stiff. But It is so tight and solid, I am very impressed.

P1010213_zpsc6bcffa8.jpg

I bought this in Louisville over the holidays. The box is rough but the knives are perfect.
e7d82037fb708f269546111e59e787f2_zps19d0d1f6.jpg

adfc02ab37d462dfacfe5c507aa6f1a7_zps26c7a913.jpg

Thanks.in my research I found they are Parker knives made under contract by Schrade. They definitely have the Schrade quality feel to them. Someone called the finish "fake Damascus or simulated Damascus " in my reading,but I don't know if that's official or not. The Parker story is interesting in that they never actually made a knife,at least that I could determine.

Those are the "hammer forged" look. I've got that same set. The blades were made to look like they were forged. They are stamped shell covers.

Those are the "hammer forged" look. I've got that same set. The blades were made to look like they were forged. They are stamped shell covers.

Yes indeed they were! I couldn't remember what that blade treatment was called and was too lazy to dig for it. I second the fake "hammer forged" as opposed to fake damascus now that my memory has been jogged.

just won this 171 UH on the bay. saw it bid what i thought was low and darn if i didn't win it. oh well. the only thing is that it has a non-standard screw in the handle. is this screw easily found in a hardware store (trying to save my self a trip during the day when i should be sleeping, work nights)? unfortunately didn't come with a sheath. are they expensive to have made? there is a leather shop in a town near me that might do this? has anyone else had a sheath made?

Attachments

• 171 UH 08963.jpg
    171 UH 08963.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 171 UH 08963 02.jpg
    171 UH 08963 02.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 171 UH 08963 03.jpg
    171 UH 08963 03.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 171 UH 08963 04.jpg
    171 UH 08963 04.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 24
Delmas2nd, I thought I read in one of the other threads that this is in fact the correct screw. It might look out of place but it should be a stainless screw but you can replace it with a brass one if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back