What's your latest Schrade? START DATE 8/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave, fantastic finds! That's the burnt stag handled set?

Eric

Both the sets I have coming are indeed burnt stag. I'm not sure of the official name of the 5OT and money-clip set but to quote Codger the "Copenhagen Fishing Knife Set" is a "UST3GS - Fisherman's gift set, 167UH & 885UH w/ burnt stag handles, Copenhagen shields, Copenhagen blade etch, lasered wood display box w/ bass boat scene, Ship 11/9/92 - 500 pcs."

The list of UST SFOs that Codger made up can be found here: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/543070-Schrade-Cope-U-S-A?highlight=cope Unfortunately the 5OT set isn't on it but I suspect it was made around 1992 as well.

Thanks Larry and Eric for finding and sharing the details regarding Delmas' 5OT!

Wow, that 5OT is something special! I've never even seen one before.

My most recent is a 41OT fixed blade, first one of these for my collection. I'm overseas at the moment, and can't wait to get home and see it.

Absolutely Larry, just grab anything I put up, no need to even ask. I've go another piece of artwork here as well, a mock-up of the knife on clear sheet plastic. The knife in the drawing is about ten inches long. White paper, masking tape, and doodles are factory original :D

fko711.jpg
[/IMG]

Eric

You can use pictures from your Schrade Gallery over on AAPK to post knives here in BladeForums.
Follow these instructions, it's not that hard:
1) RIGHT_CLICK on your picture in the AAPK Gallery
2) Choose "COPY IMAGE URL", this saves a link to your image in memory.
3) Here in BladeForums either create a new post or do a Quick Reply
4) Choose the "INSERT IMAGE" tool, is is 3rd from the right in Quick Reply.
insimg.jpg

5) This window will pop up.
koldgold.jpg

6) Choose the right tab that is labeled "From URL"
7) Uncheck the "RETRIEVE REMOTE FILE" check box
8) Place your cursor inside of the URL Box
9) RIGHT-CLICK your mouse and "PASTE" , this inserts the IMAGE URL from memory
10) CLICK the OK button

I hope these instructions are error free, but no guarantees. :)

image.php

Just like that!

Last edited:
file.php
This is one of my Buck 301 knives made about 1966 by Schrade.
file.php

Last edited:
Today's Schrade? I scored a minty Parker-Frost Bison (Schrade 1978-2) stockman in green bone. The listing didn't have "Schrade" in the title and it got overlooked. I couldn't let this one pass with no bids and grabbed it for the opening bid of $15.95. No box or paperwork but it looks good to me. It's my first in this series and it put an exclamation mark on an already great day. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Parker-Frost-Bison-1978-2-3-Blade-Pocket-Knife-/221194531318?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=e%252FM%252FLiIWZhP%252BRixXDHaOACcxt7g%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 29
Just got an 8OT new in the box with papers. The 8OT is my favorite slipjoint by Schrade. I have two but they were used and are used by me. Never had a new one since I was a kid. It brings back memories. It's the first knife my father gave me as a kid and brings back fond memories. Unfotunately that knife was lost in time.

Very nice! Do you have all the variants of this pattern now?

Here is my latest "get". Pretty ho-hum after all the knives before me, but it was something I needed.
33m0n13.jpg

34dfocp.jpg

No, not the knife, just the empty box. I have the knife, papers, polybag and blade sleeve. This is the one that belongs in it.

2zq6dlu.jpg

1992-96 as best I can tell.

Last edited:
Mike,
All the variants? Knowing Schrade I very much doubt it.
There must be another 3 bladed version out there!

Hey Spring is coming to NH. I see a blade of grass where the septic cover has melted the snow !

Spring is but an illusion. As is thinking we have all the variants of any single pattern of Schrade knife. Yes, you still need the American Eagle Series varient of that knife, I am pretty sure. I would like to see a new "family portrait" of those knives if you are so inclined though.

One I've been waiting for for a long time :) Although not perfect The blade has never used or sharpened. Came covered in some kind of black tar like substance.
The Saw is still stained a bit but I love it.

I'm one off a 226, I have a 225....

image.php

I think (hope) I am done buying 100th Anniversary knives now. This 897UHS is from the "Dual Shield" program of Old Timers and Uncle Henrys.

2n0u2aw.jpg

It kinda sorta goes with the 152OTS I bought this winter.

1498481.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back