What's your pajama knife??

I don't really wear pajamas... (Maybe too much info...:eek::confused:o_O)

...but I'm one of those pandemic work from home assholes....

And it's Canada and below freezing...

So OCCASIONALLY you can catch me at my home office in sweat pants, instead of my usual 5.11 cargo pants or jeans....

I always have an H1 spyderco ARK on my neck. It USED to be an H1 ladybug in a kydex sheath around my neck, but the ARK has better retention, when roughhousing with the kids in my life, in case they grab ahold.

A Salt 2 is only 2oz and with a deep carry clip is an AWESOME IWB EDC that's also up for PJ duty...

I can't be the only one.... :D:D:D:D:D

don't wear jammies or sweatpants. i like my jeans. I find them just as comfortable as lounge wear. guess my nerves arent sensitive enough to notice the difference? when I dont have my pants on, im in the buff.:p:Dso whatever I have in my pocket, no special knife needed for jammies.

I too wear an ARK around when I have no pockets. Actually, I wear mine most every day just because it takes up so little room and I forget I have it on me until I need to cut something.

A truly underrated design.

hah, I work from home up here in the frozen north also ; )

usually pj bottoms + tshirt ... and yes, my kershaw leek is light enough to be unnoticeable around the house

I too wear an ARK around when I have no pockets. Actually, I wear mine most every day just because it takes up so little room and I forget I have it on me until I need to cut something.

A truly underrated design.

Yup! It (and my ladybug) have great, pointy tips on 2mm bladestock, with hollow grinds.

That comes in super handy, at times. Food packaging, clamshell packaging, etc. It's even good for food prep!!:eek::cool::thumbsup:

I also think the serrated ARK would be an AWESOME skinner / field dresser

I'm also home most of the time now. I often wear comfortable flannel pants with pockets. I've had fun changing up my "pajama carry". Really, any appropriately sized knife with smooth enough scales and a deep carry clip is fine.

I've actually been wearing a lot of cardigan sweaters this winter. Having vest-style pockets has rekindled my interest in knives without clips. My current favorite is the Petrified Fish 719 (with the lanyard removed). It has elegant rosewood handles, a modified Wharncliffe shape, and thin blade stock made from 12C27. It also runs on bearings and has a truly drop-shut action.

If I'm out of the bedroom I'm fully dressed. Chinos and a shirt. Heck I don't even like having my shirt untucked. Perhaps its a balance for not being in particularly good shape? In any case I have a nice little fixie in my bedside drawer should I need anything cut there.

patriot2.jpg

don't wear jammies or sweatpants...

If I'm out of the bedroom I'm fully dressed...

...Heck I don't even like having my shirt untucked...

I am like you two. Khaki pants are my favorite. Lately, I have been known to wear cargo pants if I don’t have anyplace to go.

I do have some PJs but, it has to be fricken cold out for my to wear them. I mean really fricken cold! Even then, I would prefer to wear scrubs.

My wife is always complaining about being cold. She even likes to wear socks to bed in the winter. I tried that and thought I was going to die. I get too hot even wearing socks. I would spontaneously burst into flames if I wore PJs and socks!

So, I guess no PJ knife for me. If I am in scrubs, then a Vic Cadet should work just fine. Maybe my Benchmade 531.

I tend to use bigger, heavier folders when I'm home. I carry them clipped to my front pocket so folded length isn't an issue.

Its when I leave the house that I bring something small in FRN like the Spyderco Native or titanium like the ZT 0470, as I carry in my back pocket on these occasions.

I wear Duluth trading souped up sweats as my PJ"s! The back pockets zipper closed which is fantastic!
I carry a custom Italian slip joint in a the back right zipped, my new D Rocket katanax in right cargo pocket clipped vertical and a bandanna in the back left unzipped!
IMG_20210126_064645.jpg

Last edited:
Benchmade 707, CRKT CF Pilar, and CF Para 3 are my go to PJ carries. Maybe North Arm Skaha 2 or TRM Atom if I want a little bigger (maybe I still need to cook dinner or something)

Back