What's your pajama knife??

I don't carry a knife at home unless working on a project.
Have a knives in different places........always one close.

Pajamas knife means necker to me. Never without a knife !
I have several I like a lot. The weeding out is made primarily by the sheath : poor retention means it can no longer be worn as a necker. No longer pajamas worthy.
Here are some of my current favourites :
A.G. Russell Sting 3B (AUS8, made by CRKT). Light, balanced, secure sheath. Excellent :
pXLaabJ.jpg

Small necker (K110 at 62 Hrc) by Stoil Manchev (BF knife maker). Deserves an extra mention for a perfect sheath (very secure retention and easy draw thanks to the "lip" design) :
Nc3P9hg.jpg

Another necker, a tad bigger, by Stoil Manchev (AEB-L at 62 Hrc). Plenty secure retaining action. A bit harder to draw than the above model but has been staying around my neck 24 h/24 for over two weeks now. Great little EDC :
w6mo9gH.jpg

An old companion... This iteration of a Sgian Dubh by Cold Steel (Secret Edge in AUS8) can be mocked but it does everything it is supposed to do. And it does it well : you can conceal carry it anyway you want in your clothes (and, as a bonus, it is a perfect necker) ! The sheath is still, by its "safe retention / ease of draw" ratio, one of the best in the market.
2PCqU4S.jpg

Last edited:
Pajamas? Not too sure what those are, but if I'm not in bed, I'm wearing pants (usually jeans) like a civilized person! :D

My normal EDC knife rotation then comes into play.

I don’t really have a “pajama knife”. I just take the knife I carried to work out of my pocket, put on the sweatpants and then put my knife back in my pocket. Whichever knife I carried to work that day is the same knife I carry at home that day.

I don’t really have a “pajama knife”. I just take the knife I carried to work out of my pocket, put on the sweatpants and then put my knife back in my pocket. Whichever knife I carried to work that day is the same knife I carry at home that day.
Same here.

I don't really wear pajamas... (Maybe too much info...:eek::confused:o_O)

...but I'm one of those pandemic work from home assholes....

And it's Canada and below freezing...

So OCCASIONALLY you can catch me at my home office in sweat pants, instead of my usual 5.11 cargo pants or jeans....

I always have an H1 spyderco ARK on my neck. It USED to be an H1 ladybug in a kydex sheath around my neck, but the ARK has better retention, when roughhousing with the kids in my life, in case they grab ahold.

A Salt 2 is only 2oz and with a deep carry clip is an AWESOME IWB EDC that's also up for PJ duty...

I can't be the only one.... :D:D:D:D:D

PJ - Gym shorts knives - Delica, Bugout or Opinel all light and don't weigh things down. Also there are blades all over the house so more close at hand all the time if need something bigger.

Back