What's your pajama knife??

Pajamas? Not too sure what those are, but if I'm not in bed, I'm wearing pants (usually jeans) like a civilized person! :D

My normal EDC knife rotation then comes into play.
Yep, I’ve been working from home since last March... :( I did one day when I wore pyjama trousers and slippers. To be honest it made me feel a bit depressed. After I shut the computer down for the day, I got dressed anyway. :confused:

No desire to repeat that experiment. :thumbsdown:

I will tell you what my pajama knife is. Years ago, I was widowed with an infant. Three bedrooms. Each with a coat hook on the inside of the bedroom doors.

Almost 30 years later, the same knives are on the coat hooks, upside down in sheaths. One knife I designed. All were made by Barry Dawson.

Why?
1. no guns lying around;
2. kids have friends who steal;
3. no one looks for a knife on the backside of a door;
4. avoiding shooting night guest(s).

My current Cheetos carry:

118620965_600229197326408_7485948521109172828_n.jpg

I had to think about this, too much according to some. So, first the simple answer: an Opinel #6 in a nylon sheath, not in the pocket but near by when I am wearing lounge pants, but I can carry it and it feels like it is not there. I do not carry anything heavy in the pocket since I like the draw strings loose, so anything heavy will make them droop, not a good feeling. And we all know we need loose draw strings for those in the middle of the night bathroom breaks, anyone over fifty knows this. :rolleyes: I also do have a Benchmade Proper clip point near by. Lastly, I have a small fixed blade in easy reach on the night stand, just pop it out of the kydex or leather sheath, no trying to open it in a semi dream state. There is something therapeutic about just slicing paper when you cannot sleep, trying not to wake my wife. That one is usually a JK or some bird and trout size knife. The lastest is a small Josh Fisher edc.
Now the food for thought question, wanted to ask if anyone has a knife with handles made from old pajamas or denim? Do you keep it near by? I have an Enzo necker in denim micarta which could easily be the small fixed blade as mentioned above on the night stand. Told you I thought about this too much. For those who do work from home, I have heard it is a good thing to get dressed as if you were going to work, to keep up the routine and a sense of purpose.

Last edited:
The po-jama people are boring me to pieces. They make me feel like I am wasting my time.

I had to think about this, too much according to some. So, first the simple answer: an Opinel #6 in a nylon sheath, not in the pocket but near by when I am wearing lounge pants, but I can carry it and it feels like it is not there. I do not carry anything heavy in the pocket since I like the draw strings loose, so anything heavy will make them droop, not a good feeling. And we all know we need loose draw strings for those in the middle of the night bathroom breaks, anyone over fifty knows this. :rolleyes: I also do have a Benchmade Proper clip point near by. Lastly, I have a small fixed blade in easy reach on the night stand, just pop it out of the kydex or leather sheath, no trying to open it in a semi dream state. There is something therapeutic about just slicing paper when you cannot sleep, trying not to wake my wife. That one is usually a JK or some bird and trout size knife. The lastest is a small Josh Fisher edc.
Now the food for thought question, wanted to ask if anyone has a knife with handles made from old pajamas or denim? Do you keep it near by? I have an Enzo necker in denim micarta which could easily be the small fixed blade as mentioned above on the night stand. Told you I thought about this too much. For those who do work from home, I have heard it is a good thing to get dressed as if you were going to work, to keep up the routine and a sense of purpose.

Duluth trading souped up sweats have a zippered fly as well as two back pockets with zippers. They also have the drawstrings crossed. So you just have to loop your bows and skip the first half of your knot. No over under before the bows or loop. Lots of give with that arrangement..

I like the draw strings loose, so anything heavy will make them droop, not a good feeling. And we all know we need loose draw strings for those in the middle of the night bathroom breaks, anyone over fifty knows this. :rolleyes:

Amen

Based on youtube videos showing how to quickly deploy knives, tip up knives go well with pajamas.

I don't wear pajamas either but occasionally wear sweatpants when confined to the house. And I embarrass myself frequently by not having a knife on me in my own house, but otherwise when I realize it I carry one of my usual EDC knives.

I don't wear any knife at home, home office, in pajama or being usually bare naked :^O
Sorry.
But there are plenty of knives here and there.
Two on my left (15" away)
some 20+ on my right (2-3' away)
40+ in my kitchen (20' away)
I got even one Leatherman Micro next to my throne :^)
and one on remotes table
etc etc etc ...

I don't wear any knife at home, home office, in pajama or being usually bare naked :^O
Sorry.
But there are plenty of knives here and there.
Two on my left (15" away)
some 20+ on my right (2-3' away)
40+ in my kitchen (20' away)
I got even one Leatherman Micro next to my throne :^)
and one on remotes table
etc etc etc ...

I thought a pajama knife was a *bit* out there....

But you have a toilet multitool?!?!
:eek::eek::eek:

I feel so inadequate!!

THAT'S AWESOME!

Scared to ask why or how you use it....:confused:o_O:eek::poop:

Back