Wheeler Fighting Bowie Project :) ( UPDATED CUTTING & FORGING VIDEOS)

That's not a dog that's a bear in your shop. I have came to the conclusion that dogs big or small have no perception of size. The little ones think they can rule the world and the big ones think they can sit on your lap like they did when they were pups. It reminds me of a joke my grandpa used to tell. Some new people moved in across the street from little johnny. They had a huge black dog in their back yard. One day little johnny came running in the house insisting that there was a bear in the neighbors yard. After about the third time of telling his mother she went outside to see for herself this so called bear. As she had thought it was just the neighbors big old black dog. She scolded little johnny and sent him to his room to pray for forgiveness. After about a half-hour she decided to check on him and she proceeded to sit on his bed and have a discussion about lying. She first ask him if he had prayed and ask for forgiveness and he said he sure had. She then ask if he had received any answer about this fib that he had told. He said yes. She said what was the answer. He replied that god told him it was an honest mistake because the first time he saw that dog he thought it was a bear also. Thanks for your videos Nick we really enjoy them and appreciate the time you take!

Got a chance to watch this and it's another GREAT video my friend.....thanks for taking the time to put these together for us all, much appreciated. :)

Nick,

I totally agree with Dudley, knowing how much time and effort, it takes to do these awesome vids.
They are so appreciated by us all, thanks so much !
Just got your message and PMed you back…happy, happy, happy ! :D :thumbup:

Doug

Nick

As always you are way up generous with your time and knowledge

I leave in am for archery shoot I'll be driving call me

Nick sent me a quick pic of a couple of the Bowies, the image is a little dark and I'm not sure
about the others but mine's the one on the far right. A nice piece of stabilized ironwood burl.

medium800.jpg

Doug

Well guys here we go :)

I asked Jim to keep the photo dark

I asked Jim to emphasize the belly of this beast

I asked Jim to highlight this blades radical dimensions

As usual Jim does not disappoint :)

Jim forgive me if I posted up wrong size

e7f14cf2add2dc0194c6a44b0d67d120.jpg

Jim's work clearly displays the proportions that make this blade so,etching quite different

In a world full of show Bowies ............ This one is all GO :)

Thank you Nick

Thank you Paul

Thank you Jim

Looking real good!

Is the static cord hole becoming Paul's signature?

The short answer is NO…………it will never be on a sheath except by specific request, and maybe not even then.;)

Paul

Does the shark skin come in brown? I think that is shark.

Last edited:
Yes, I need to give him a call. :D

As a matter of fact, Greg, I just received four nice full skins in a really nice dark chocolate color. I'll have to work it one handed from my wheelchair, because it cost me and arm and a leg;)

Paul

Uh oh maybe I shouldn't call....

.... of course I will. :):thumbup:

Nick's been have some issues with his computer,
just a heads up in case anyone has been having trouble with contact. :)

Doug

Yeah, it has been strangely quiet around this forum and the knife maker's discussion forum for a few weeks....glad it is nothing more than computer issues :thumbup:

Bill

Back