Whelp. Time to order some more steel. So what's next?

Yeah we're starting production of the EDC now, and the 10-inch chopper directly after that, with a skinner and kukri and SDFK planned for next year.
Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist I know there has been lots of conversation about pre-orders and I know plans can change, but is it your intention at this time to offer pre-orders on all these models? I haven’t seen this answered anywhere. I would 100% be in on all of them, but if there aren’t pre-orders my only option is paying double to the flippers (sorry if that offends some, but it’s the reality). That’s not a sustainable procurement method for me. I’d much rather pay an extra $100 per knife on a pre-order so you keep more of the profit you deserve.

Any chance we’ll see a chopper in 4v? I think that would be the bee’s knees!

Right now thinking about ordering steel for:
K20, 300
SDFK, 800
Comp chopper, 200
Lorien Brush Cutlass, 500
Updated D2 skinner, 800
Lorien Kukri, 200

Comp chopper is on the board.

Comp chopper is on the board.

Oh man…. That’s an absolute must have! For some reason, I was thinking the production chopper used 3v, instead of 4v like on their personal choppers.

Oh man…. That’s an absolute must have! For some reason, I was thinking the production chopper used 3v, instead of 4v like on their personal choppers.

3V is a fantastic steel and a better choice for general use, but would not be ideal in a competition chopper.

Has anyone mentioned the Super Assassin?

We need a production Carothers/Keffeler Super Assassin.

I think he's making some now. If you want a Super Assassin, I think all you need to do is contact Dan.

He and I got together for the steel production for the 3V for our swords. It is rolled different than regular 3V, specifically for use as a sword. Less cross rolling specifically to align the grain of the steel along the length of the blade to maximize the strength of the steel in the direction of rolling for use as a sword. We had it all made at the same time in the same way and I think he is currently knee deep in the sword production. Probably a pretty good time to get a SA, they can be very difficult to come by directly from the maker.

Welp Nathan, so what's next?
Literally, what is next is the field knives. Those will start being ready in just a few weeks. Immediately after that is the EDC.

After that is the 10-inch chopper.

I'm not sure what's after that. I want to make the semi integral daggers and I want to make the folders. Beyond that is the next round of K20. Those K20 will be made from a batch of 3v rolled specifically for swords and is not as cross rolled 3v we use for our knife production, so our next batch of steel for knives will be a different batch. We're buying an entire melt so I may tweak it a little bit.

Literally, what is next is the field knives. Those will start being ready in just a few weeks. Immediately after that is the EDC.

After that is the 10-inch chopper.

I'm not sure what's after that. I want to make the semi integral daggers and I want to make the folders. Beyond that is the next round of K20. Those K20 will be made from a batch of 3v rolled specifically for swords and is not as cross rolled 3v we use for our knife production, so our next batch of steel for knives will be a different batch. We're buying an entire melt so I may tweak it a little bit.
Don't tease, Nathan. It's not nice.

☺️

Back