When is the Mini 940 coming out ?

I'm not a fan of coated blades but less of a fan of green so I'm happy I got the 945bk-1. I won't be getting the 945 but the new bugouts and mini adamas is tempting.
26sETll.jpg

To echo what BC42. The satin stainless steel works really well. It doesn’t have the sticky or gritty feel that the black titanium axis bar lock has on the bugout and bailout. A black oxide or parkerized finish on the stainless steel,axis bar lock will smooth out once the finish is worn off by contact from the blade.

JonesE

To echo what BC42. The satin stainless steel works really well. It doesn’t have the sticky or gritty feel that the black titanium axis bar lock has on the bugout and bailout. A black oxide or parkerized finish on the stainless steel,axis bar lock will smooth out once the finish is worn off by contact from the blade.

JonesE

I would polish the gritty feel right out.

I would polish the gritty feel right out.
The gritty feel is more in the channel of the liner where the axis lock slides back and forth, not where it contacts the blade. I've only had 1 knife out of 12 that lock stick was so bad that I took it apart to figure it out. Usually, you can rotate the axis lock to find a better spot on the cylinder of the lock.

Today was my first full day of carrying the 945BK-1. I don’t usually have good luck when I pick up a mini variant. They are just usually full of compromises and something is lost from the original design. So far, I am finding that the 945 to be faithful to the 940 and the size is comfortable and my hand does not feel cramped. For the overall design, I say good job to the Benchmade team. My example, out of the box has been very good. Blade is centered with no play. Action is smooth and the pivot came adjusted perfectly. Overall, I am very happy with my example.

I have a new level of anticipation for the green handled model like I have not had in a few years for a new modern knife release. I have the current full size green Osbourne and it has been in my pocket for about a week now. Anxious to add something perhaps even more pocketable.

Watching the countdown clock.

,,,Mike in Canada

One U.S. dealer indicates that the 945 Satin Aluminum will be released on May 6, 2021!

How does the action on the 945 compare to the original 940? My aluminum 940 is just about perfect.

Angle the knife slightly and slide the Axis pins back to either open or close the knife and it just jumps into position. So pleasing.

,,,Mike in Canada

The shorter and lighter blade do make it feel different -- a bit quicker maybe, but the action is comparable to my 940s with both thumb stud or axis lock deployment.

Benchmade site says 70 days and 23 hours and 11 minutes until the green aluminum 945 is released. Seems like only yesterday it was 111. That was a fast 41 days. Less than two of those and we are there. I think I can wait it out still.

,,,Mike in Canada

Back