Where the snark is the snark?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Closest I have... I'd be tempted by the Trailmate, if I were you. It sounds pretty close to the size you want.

Thanks for the pic!

Yeah, the Trailmate looks nice too. I was thinking one in a kydex sheath would work well cross draw at 11 o'clock. :thumbup

CPM-3V FFG drop-point, maybe similar to this? (Gravelle FK5, he sells a FK7 with a 7in blade) It's my very favorite shape of a knife.

EEEEeeeexcellent!

Get this, breaking news around here. Apparently, a 18 year old girl was attacked by some asshole while she was taking pictures at one of my favorite hangouts about 20 minutes down the road. Guys attacked her with a hatchet hitting her in the back a few times. They rushed her to the hospital where she remains in critical condition. They arrested the guy, no motive, he didnt know the girl or her family, apparently just lost his freakin mind. He's lucky I wasn't there, I would of unloaded a clip, reloaded and unloaded that one on him. Carry your guns folks, it a crazy world out there.
I heard about that.... Seriously, WTF?!

Jerry,

That trail mate is one sweet looking blade. Is that TMHunts creation; I couldn't see it on his website?

Jerry,

That trail mate is one sweet looking blade. Is that TMHunts creation; I couldn't see it on his website?

Yeah your not going to see it on the site. The site is really just a very limited gathering of capabilities and some current "models" that trailmate is a design I've been meaning to get to for a couple of years. Right now it's the only one that exists in CPM154. And will be that way for several months.

Yeah your not going to see it on the site. The site is really just a very limited gathering of capabilities and some current "models" that trailmate is a design I've been meaning to get to for a couple of years. Right now it's the only one that exists in CPM154. And will be that way for several months.

You'll be continuing to make them in CPM154 after those few months, right?

Jerry,

Thanks! The middle one in my picture is his Magua model. The Trailmate is a little larger.... Probably closer in size to the ESEE 3 than the BK14 or so.

IMG_20150430_111034_414_zpsrsjwmweq.jpg

DSC01432.JPG

I have the same issue with the 14 being a little too short for my hand. The Magua is big enough to be comfortable in use. One sometimes reads about knives being an extension of your hand, and for me, the Magua is exactly that. The Trail mate does look interesting, though, and I will probably end up with one eventually.

DSC01432.JPG

I have the same issue with the 14 being a little too short for my hand. The Magua is big enough to be comfortable in use. One sometimes reads about knives being an extension of your hand, and for me, the Magua is exactly that. The Trail mate does look interesting, though, and I will probably end up with one eventually.

Thanks for the pic! Looks about perfect. :thumbup: Cutting edge looks to be about exactly the length I was hoping it was.

You'll be continuing to make them in CPM154 after those few months, right?

Its my intention yes. But no promises. Heres the reason. I do everything myself, including my own heat treat. I've had customers want several of my knives in stainless steel for years. Its just not that simple. First of all, depending on what you get, the material can be 3X higher cost. The time it takes to heat treat is is 3X the time and complexity (if you want it right anyway which I assume you do is) 3X harder. Keep in mind, I have a hourly shop rate, (this is no different than the wage you earn at your job) so taking all of that into consideration, I dont mean to sound like a ass, but I've had my fill with people expecting a handmade SS knife, with sheath and shipping for a wal mart gerber price. I'm more than willing to accommodate people, but you have to understand what your buying.

Truth is, I have almost two dozen of theses in the shop right now in various stages. The one I sold to Whitty is just a feeler really, believe it or not, without even advertising them, just by he said she said, most of the first dozen are spoken for, and I dont want to start taking orders,on them until I have those obligations filled because I dont want to get behind the eight ball on them. So, my intention is to make the dozen or so I already have orders for, make the other six or 12 and offer them at BLADE and have a clean slate on them then. Maybe that's when I'll offer them as a permanent fixture in my line up, or move onto something else. Either way. CPM154 is cool, but its a real bitch on my end. I'm just trying to give everyone what there asking for.

Last edited:
Its my intention yes. But no promises. Heres the reason. I do everything myself, including my own heat treat. I've had customers want several of my knives in stainless steel for years. Its just not that simple. First of all, depending on what you get, the material can be 3X higher cost. The time it takes to heat treat is is 3X the time and complexity (if you want it right anyway which I assume you do is) 3X harder. Keep in mind, I have a hourly shop rate, (this is no different than the wage you earn at your job) so taking all of that into consideration, I dont mean to sound like a ass, but I've had my fill with people expecting a handmade SS knife, with sheath and shipping for a wal mart gerber price. I'm more than willing to accommodate people, but you have to understand what your buying.

:thumbup:
higher material price, cryo cycle, two two-hour tempers...

I'd appreciate any prayers you might have to spare for my Mother-in-law. Last Saturday one of her legs gave out, and by Sunday afternoon it had been determined that she has cancer between the lobes of her brain.

She's scheduled for laser surgery tomorrow, Friday, at noon. Supposedly it's minimally invasive and the doc's has done thousands of them, but it's still cancer, and it's still brain surgery.

Thanks,

John

You got it, John. That's scary stuff, regardless of how routine it is.

I'd appreciate any prayers you might have to spare for my Mother-in-law. Last Saturday one of her legs gave out, and by Sunday afternoon it had been determined that she has cancer between the lobes of her brain.

She's scheduled for laser surgery tomorrow, Friday, at noon. Supposedly it's minimally invasive and the doc's has done thousands of them, but it's still cancer, and it's still brain surgery.

Thanks,

John

Hmmm, that's rough man, my mother just over two months ago was told she had a tumor at the base of her neck. She had it removed immediately a couple of weeks ago, scary stuff....... I try my hardest to say a little prayer every night when I go to bed, nothing big, just ask to watch over my kids, my wife, and to help give me the strength to do what I have to do to be the man I want to be..... Ill be sure tonight to mention your Mother in law to old JC! Hope everything works out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back