Where to find sheaths for your Fiddlebacks

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by thurin, May 14, 2015.

1. Kalsu

Kalsu Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Thanks for the info. In my opinion the production line just begs for a kydex sheath.

Comprehensivist likes this.
  2. tphill

tphill Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 22, 2015
    I've looked through many, many pictures of sheaths and haven't found one exactly like what I'm looking for. Hoping someone here can point me in the right direction. I bought this knife a while ago and it has been with me on every outing since, mainly because of the knive, but partly because of the sheath. It is a Bushcrafter Sr.

[​IMG]

I currently have 2 other Fiddleback knives that have leather sheaths that I'm not fond of, and would like both of them to have sheaths like the one in the picture. Does anyone know a maker that could make these, or possibly who made the one I have? The sheath is kydex with a leather back/beltloop, and a tension adjuster. Thanks.

3. gtr60

gtr60 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 2, 2010
    That's an L.T. Wright sheath, here's a pic I found via google. You could try contacting them to see if you can send your other Fiddlebacks in for similar sheaths. The sliding tensioner was a dead giveaway and awesome feature, I know they had it patented when they were operating as Blind Horse Knives [​IMG]

tphill, varga49 and VANCE like this.
  4. skyking

skyking

Nov 29, 2012
    Looking for a plain simple leather sheath for a Pocket Kephart.

5. rileybassman1

rileybassman1 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 12, 2012
    I'd Recommend Rick Lowe - fantastic and FAST work... I bought a KE bushie last fiddleback friday... and ordered a sheath from him right after... he built it and got it shipped (without any special request) and it came the same day (friday) that the ke bushi did... and that's not the first time that's happened :)

TrainedBullets and VANCE like this.
  6. CyberRacer

CyberRacer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 28, 2018
    Ordered from RLO for the first time on Saturday, and got a tracking number today (Tuesday). Fast is an understatement. I'm amazed with the turnaround, and based on all I've seen here, should be just as amazed with the sheath when it arrives.

Southern Gent, Nbrackett and VANCE like this.
  7. VANCE

VANCE Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Gold Member

Mar 13, 2006
    Ol Rick is good people

Nbrackett likes this.
  8. Southern Gent

Southern Gent KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 3, 2015
    2X on Rick.

9. LavaWood

LavaWood Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 13, 2014
    C0269108-D119-47AA-B78F-3D65DFEE6DBD.jpeg Looking for a Asp sheath, black leather, form fitting

10. Southern Gent

Southern Gent KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 3, 2015
    @LavaWood here is a sheath I’ve come up with for an Asp. Black is not a problem.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nbrackett and NoRest like this.
  11. LavaWood

LavaWood Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 13, 2014
    I just saw one hellbender did for Jazz32.
    I’ll be contacting them, thank you

Southern Gent and Nbrackett like this.
  12. Southern Gent

Apr 3, 2015
    Thanks, I am them, Hellbender Leather that is ;) Happy to make whatever you like.

LavaWood, Nbrackett and NoRest like this.
  13. Diomedes Industries

Diomedes Industries

Mar 19, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  14. mfa81

mfa81

Aug 24, 2020
    Looking for a taco style leather sheath for a Leuku not many if any at all I could find available to purchase right now... looks like diomedes, joufuu, rick lowe are the usual suspects to get one from? anything else you like and recommend me to look at?

15. James River

James River Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 14, 2019
    Outpost has one in stock. Trekker 818

16. M B

M B Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2020
    Anyone have a recommendation of a good sheath for a Woodpecker?

17. mfa81

mfa81

Aug 24, 2020
    cannot recommend joufuu @bonafide enough. Talked to him Thursday, today I got my sheath at my door.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

wayben and M B like this.
  18. M B

M B Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2020
    that is a nice one: I bet it smells gorgeous!

going to see if the outpost folks won't help me get something made for the WP :)

edit: the Diomedes Industries APS 448 arrived today for my skinny little 1/16 runt.

perfect fit as expected, but looks a lot nicer than I had imagined.

someday I'll share some pictures

and now I patiently count the days until the WP and it's sheath arrive :rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    Outpost Allison likes this.