Which Benchmade are you carrying today?

mrfields

Basic Member
Wow! That top one is an old one! First generation 710, I believe. They quit making those in ATS-34 before the turn of the century, IIRC. Nice. I have one of those knocking around here somewhere. I've been trying to find it. But since I managed to purchase a D2 710 off of here, I'll probably call off the search. Between the D2 and my old H2 710, I probably have enough.
Naaaah.... if Benchmade ever starts making them again, I'll have to get another.
yeah my wife got me one when we got married in ‘99, was all i carried for 18 years, til it got stolen outta my truck. this is a replacement, its still my favorite knife to carry

dogboye

Gold Member
yeah my wife got me one when we got married in ‘99, was all i carried for 18 years, til it got stolen outta my truck. this is a replacement, its still my favorite knife to carry
MAN, that sucks that it got stolen. 🤬

Finally able to grab some 943 scales for my 940 blade. This has knocked my Bugouts out of rotation.

uRoHRL3l.jpg

TXPO

.577NE

Gold Member
Certain BM's, albeit popular, do not speak to me at all, the 940 and its variants as an example. The Loco, namely the Mini Loco, however is knife perfection in my hands. Bummer they are discontinued. They sure are hard to come by without paying through your nose. There was a Mini on the Exchange just recently that slipped through my fingers. Holzauge sei wachsam 🕵️‍♂️

Yours appears to be the regular Loco, one serious folder I'd say :thumbsup:

mrfields

Basic Member
Yours appears to be the regular Loco, one serious folder I'd say :thumbsup:
yeah it’s pretty tough, has the same oversized axis lock, pivot, & stop pin of the adamas with that super thick blade, it’s the most overbuilt folder i own. i love the way the semi-pistol grip feels in hand too. i enjoy larger knives & the 808 checks a lot of boxes for me

Which makes it a 942 or maybe a 940-1101?
I have never personally seen a 942 variant, but I know they existed. Honestly I'm not sure why Benchmade stopped producing them, given the overall popularity of the regular 940.

TXPO

The 942 had a 154cm blade. The 940(bk or sbk)-1101 had a coated s30v blade but (as far as I know) not with a satin blade. So, take your pick.

mrfields

Basic Member
from what i understand the 941 was the green scale/purple backspacer with a clip point blade while the 942 was the black scales/blue backspacer with the reverse tanto blade. not sure if the ever ran either of those in s30v, i think both variants might have been discontinued before they switched from 154cm.

dogboye

Gold Member
I'm GOING to be carrying a 710 D2 that I managed to purchase off of someone on here. LOVE the 710.
Right this second, though, I'm carrying a Demko AD20.5 in 3V.