Which Company Makes The Best Chinese Knives?

Do you mean the Ohlone Goat? Where did you hear it was made by Tuya? I’ve been looking for that info with no luck :)
Mine’s arriving tmw.

Yup. Dah Goat! Emailed Deric. He's also in the process of doing another design w/ Tuya. Stay tuned!
BTW, I pulled the trigger too. ;)

Yup. Dah Goat! Emailed Deric. He's also in the process of doing another design w/ Tuya. Stay tuned!
BTW, I pulled the trigger too. ;)
Nice. I normally try to find who made the knife before buying it - there's a world of difference between Reate-made vs. Kizer-made, after all. For the Goat, I figured Eugene Kwon's thumbs up on IG was good enough. Glad to hear it's a maker I like tho.

Tuya is new-ish, so I haven't had too much experience with them, but for the money the Envy 2 is outstanding.

Nice. I normally try to find who made the knife before buying it - there's a world of difference between Reate-made vs. Kizer-made, after all. For the Goat, I figured Eugene Kwon's thumbs up on IG was good enough. Glad to hear it's a maker I like tho.
Tuya is new-ish, so I haven't had too much experience with them, but for the money the Envy 2 is outstanding.

I hear that. After communicating w/ Dave Warren, I was sold on Tuya. I almost picked up the Envy2 since the Argon was very good for the $$, but another deal came along I could not pass that up.

Two WE-produced Massdrop Laconico Keens occupy space in my knife drawer alongside Shirogorov, CRK, Anso, Cheburkov and Burger. The company they keep speaks volumes to their quality.

I'm also looking forward to the upcoming collaboration between WE and Gareth Bull.

I hate you guys. I had to go and look at the Goat and now I have one coming. This will be my second Tuya Knife. My first is the Kingsman and although I wasn't blown away by it, the Goat looks like a near perfect EDC for me...

You're all a bunch of enablers, facilitating my knife buying disfunction!

I hate you guys. I had to go and look at the Goat and now I have one coming. This will be my second Tuya Knife. My first is the Kingsman and although I wasn't blown away by it, the Goat looks like a near perfect EDC for me...

You're all a bunch of enablers, facilitating my knife buying disfunction!

There's Paul Chen of Hanwei Swords. The company is from Dalian, China and mostly focuses on samurai swords but they also produced a line of fine knives called the Rock Creek.

Unfortunately the knives seem to have been discontinued after a factory fire a long while back. You can still find them every now and then at auctions.

Just received the Goat. This thing is sweet. And as always, I couldn't leave well enough alone. Props to Olde Towne Cutlery @Lee Tigner, well done sir. Well done.

QaUHTkt.jpg

I'll probably leave a review thread later.

... definitely in the WE knife range of quality.
View attachment 1283720

Yes sir! Did you see the surprise bill-boarding on the inside?? Tuya detent is Molto bene, Tres Bon! I can not fail this thing. I've replaced the grease w/ oil....& oof. Permanent collection piece.

NOTE: This might be just mine (I doubt it)...anyone w/ this piece & decides to disassemble, put the barrel spacers back exactly like they were to begin with. One of them has a side that is ground shorter (see pic) to compensate for the shallower pocket clip hole. The knife will not go back together till you've got this just right.

You can find some great knives that originate from China, many designed and marketed by European and Western Designers/Brands.

Shan Hansan at Tepe Design in San Jose, CA is getting some of his designs made by HE and TwoSun and funding the manufacture using Kichstarter; here's the Kickstarter funding page for the Hornet knife project, https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tepedesigns/the-hornet-pocket-knife

Ti handles and N690 blade steel, the early Hornet knives didn't have the ceramic ball clip and were made by HE, later ones made by TwoSun (photos below are the TwoSun version)

I paid $150 for mine at Williams Cutlery & Gifts in San Jose

UaVvuXt.jpg

pN86L6f.jpg

jLAzQZjSheU5gBcdOFPQ_20190715183659.jpg

Stainless race inserts
YXE8tylaQjOmDKk4NotB_Photoon71519at6.47PM.jpg

Brass caged ceramic bearings
8PYz4gYSo2BofjRGgmgY_Photoon71519at6.46PM2.jpg

Last edited:
Green Thorn with ease. Every other flipper company in the world needs to explain why Green Thorn can sell what they do for $80.

WE and Reate are definitely the top two in my opinion. When WE began producing their line of knives in 2016 I would have said Reate was better, however, WE continues to improve and I would now without a doubt say the work WE is putting out is some of the best you will find anywhere.

These are all amazing pieces of work, and this thread needs some more pics!
View attachment 1284052

Back