1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Which knife brand do you find yourself buying from the most?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by AshesFall, Jan 29, 2020.

1. AshesFall

AshesFall

Jul 16, 2019
    I can't speak for everyone, but I always find myself looking at and being drawn to one particular knife brand more then I do other brands. I'm always looking at and buying from Cold Steel, so I guess that's my "go to" brand for now.

I think the great quality you get for the money is what attracts me to them the most and they do come out with some really cool and useful designs while using good quality materials.

Which knife brand do you find yourself looking at and buying from the most?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    DocJD and Smiling like this.
  2. Smiling

Smiling

Nov 21, 2019
    Cold Steel.

1. They are extremley hard to beat when it comes to price/performance ratio
    2. Their knives are designed well
    3. Distributor is near me and I can buy their knives for around the same price as on CS website
    4. Cold Steel just never dissapointed me, I'm using their knives for a long time now and I'm more than happy. I never had single issue with them.

3. sgt1372

sgt1372 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 16, 2018
    Previously Kershaw/CRKT & ZT. Now Spyderco. No explanation or justification. Just the way it was/is 4me.

4. BP_

BP_ Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2015
    Buck
    CRK
    Spyderco

Buck because I can’t beat the value for the money, I love most of their designs, I use them daily, and their quality has always been great in my experience. Customer service is the best, and the spa is just magnificent.

CRK because they set the bar in folding knives, I use them as intended, and they will easily outlast me long after I’m gone. Tolerances, attention to detail, and F&F. Spa treatments are top notch as well.

Spyderco because I like a lot of their designs, I like the steels they use, I enjoy the different sprint runs, and their quality has been great in my experience.

bigsurbob and stevekolt like this.
  5. jlauffer

jlauffer Dissident Aggressor Platinum Member

Apr 11, 2016
    Overall Cold Steel, hands down. Been buying/collecting them for about 25 years. But more recently, have acquired several CPKs.

6. Seems like every time I get another modern folder it's a new brand...

That being said the brand I buy the most is GEC!

:cool:

Quiet and jkwithawave like this.
  7. PirateSeulb

PirateSeulb

Jun 6, 2017
    I have been drawn to the Italian makers LionSteel, Viper, Maserin, etc but as for one in particular not sure at the moment.

.577NE and Ron Sabbagh like this.
  8. McFeeli

McFeeli

Feb 13, 2017
    I own more Spyderco than any other brand and I liken that to their diversity. I own a few classy knives by them, I have workhorses, fixed blades, every day carry types, and even a pair of budget Spyderco’s. I’m not really brand loyal, but I tend to keep my eyes on their future releases more than any other knife company.

9. Welshie12

Welshie12

Jan 15, 2020
    Victorinox.
    Maybe that's cheating because they aren't just knives though.

allenC and bigsurbob like this.
  10. NorthernSouthpaw

NorthernSouthpaw Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2014
    I don't often buy production knives anymore.
    The single brand I own the most of would most definitely be Benchmade. Still carry them instead of a custom quite regularly too.
    That being said, the next production knife I purchase will be either a GEC Bull Nose, or CS AD-15. Depends on what kind of deal I can get.

11. James Y

James Y

Feb 18, 1999
    I don’t buy many knives anymore, but for mine are:
    Victorinox
    Spyderco
    ...and CRK is a distant third.

Jim

allenC likes this.
  12. 3fifty7

3fifty7 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2016
    Spyderco
    Spydie hole opening feature has me sold.

luke2236, bigsurbob and wackafew like this.
  13. The Hawk

The Hawk

Mar 10, 2009
    I have been a Cold Steel fan for many years. However, I also own several Kershaw knives and am pleased with them as well.

14. Silent H

Silent H

Feb 1, 2018
    I have the most knives from Kershaw, Benchmade, CRKT, and Hinderer, in descending order.

Most of the Kershaw and CRKT (plus a few Benchmades) were impulse purchases.

My Hinderer, Benchmade, Southern Grind, and ProTech knives see the most pocket time though.

15. Ron Sabbagh

Ron Sabbagh Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 15, 1999
    CRK, Cold Steel, Spyderco

more recently, Viper

If we include older brands (Pre 2000) most definitely Al Mar and Blackjack - some of which I still own & use

16. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    But they are knives first and foremost.

Oh and for me it was Buck last year, and I think it's probably gonna end up being Case this year.

allenC and Welshie12 like this.
  17. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Brand wise, the most common folders that I own are made by Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC). Their quality is consistent I like nice slip joints.

I have a lot of Victorinox Swiss Army knives as well. I like them.
    I have a fair number of SOG blades, but I never carry one anymore.

Knife numbers don't necessarily translate to what I routinely carry..... I carry a Small Tinker and a small (sub 3") fixed blade most of the time these days. I change up a bit when I go to the woods hiking or wandering around.

allenC likes this.
  18. sabre cat

sabre cat Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Benchmade and Victorinox for me. Based upon what I own the most of.

The last new knife I purchased was a Spyderco D’Allara 3 about this time last year.

Most of what I buy is used.

allenC likes this.
  19. KnifeRep

KnifeRep

Nov 5, 2018
    Randall Made, bought 7 last year

Spyderco, bought 4 last year

Benchmade, bought 3 last year

20. Cscotttsss

Cscotttsss Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Past few years it's pretty much broken down like this.

Spyderco 75%
    Benchmade 15%
    ZT 10%