1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 37 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Sabol Brothers Kiridashi , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Which one to keep? Which one to sell?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Sharperthansticks, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Keep the plain one. Sell the one with grooves.

2. Keep the one with grooves. Sell the plain one.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AntDog

AntDog Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2001
    I’m assuming this is a Ti handle? If that’s the case I’d definitely keep the grooved one. Plain Ti slabs are far too slick to me. As for it looking like a pecker, who cares? Clouds look like things sometimes too.

Have you seen the “look of surprise” on the knives “Heeter Nation” gobbles up for a grand apiece? Lol

[​IMG]

2. TenShun705

TenShun705 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 13, 2016
    My wife said she’d pick the plain one, if that helps lol. I voted for the plain one as well. Good luck deciding!

3. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
    I like the plain one better. I’m a sucker for plain smooth titanium.

TenShun705 and nwmetalbug like this.
  4. Sharperthansticks

Sharperthansticks Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 19, 2017
    OP here. Some background info, for anyone who cares:

Some time in the past (maybe a year or two ago) I bought the grooved version. I wasn't ready to pop its cherry, so it sat in one of my Spydiepacks. Then I watched a review of it, where the reviewer was joking about how everyone said it looked like a penis. From that point forward, I didn't know what to do with it, because it kind of looked like a penis to me at that point, too. (It hadn't occurred to me before watching the video.) So, I wasn't sure whether I'd resell the knife or use it, and it sat there some more. Fast forward in time. I found a plain one for sale online a week ago, and I bought it, thinking that I'd compare the two in front of me and decide once and for all which one I liked better, and I'd sell off the other one. But even when I had both on the table, I still couldn't figure it out, which led to this online poll. The comments seem to indicate that the "penis people" are more vocal, but the polling data so far indicates that people are roughly split on this one, so I'm roughly back to where i started, though maybe not, since I can say with confidence that *not* everyone thinks the grooved one looks like a penis and would therefore choose the smooth one.

5. ScooterG

ScooterG You mean Ireland? Yeah, it’s mine. Gold Member

Mar 15, 2016
    How does one become a “penis people”? Asking for a friend...

6. Sharperthansticks

Sep 19, 2017
    One cannot, hairy David Guetta; only two or more can, so your friend needs to find another friend to join forces.

Lance Leon likes this.
  7. Cursum Perficio

Cursum Perficio Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Keep the plain, just my aesthetic preference.

8. ScooterG

ScooterG You mean Ireland? Yeah, it’s mine. Gold Member

Mar 15, 2016
    Much too complicated... for my friend.

9. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    I would definitely have to keep the grooved one . Much better grip and just GROOVIER ! :)

The phallic resemblance is merely a nice..." bonus" ! :p

10. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    So you didn't think it looked like a penis until someone on the YouTubes told you it did? I guess influencers really are a thing these days.

11. Getting older

Getting older

Jan 3, 2016
    I voted to keep the plain one,you can always have it engraved/embellished later if you are so inclined

12. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    I didn't think "penis" when I saw the grooved one. Now that it was mentioned, I see the resemblance. That holds true for both versions. I appreciate your explanation of events leading up to this decision moment.

13. jill jackson

jill jackson

Sep 5, 2006
    You really have to want to see a penile likeness to see that in the grooved handle. I wouldn't have even thought it, without the comments.

14. jpm2

jpm2

Nov 19, 2014
    Go which ever way the wind blows, adjusting for the penis factor of course. :confused:

15. eveled

eveled Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 11, 2016
    I was naturally drawn to the grooved one. Now that I know it is a phalic symbol, I’m questioning my orientation.

K.O.D., DocJD and TenShun705 like this.
  16. Sharperthansticks

Sep 19, 2017
    A compass should set you straight.

eveled likes this.
  17. Sharperthansticks

Sep 19, 2017
    I didn't see it until S-----z pointed it out, and then I couldn't not see it.

18. Velitrius

Velitrius Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2000
    I'm way old school, so to me "Groovy" = "Awesome".

Keep the awesome one.

DocJD likes this.
  19. K.O.D.

K.O.D. Water my a**! Get this guy some pepto bismol! Platinum Member

Aug 21, 2013
    I always thought phallic was groovy.

I voted for keeping the grooved. I dislike plain looking handles.

DocJD likes this.
  20. Sharperthansticks

Sep 19, 2017
    Reminder: Comment if you like, but I'm only counting votes in the poll, so make sure to vote *in the poll*, if you haven't. (It looks like a dead heat, though.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.