Which Spyderco are you carrying today?

Hollow ground 154CM Manix2.

Took this one in as a gift from a friend when I got a promotion at work. I was amazed at the quality of the blade, and still am. I fancied her up to 30 inclusive on the ole sharpmaker.

I don't use the hook as a wave. I use it as a finger rest to get more blade control and also to open the knife with my thumb. Waving is too hard on pockets IMO.

I think there would have been better choices too. I have a micarta coming soon excited to see how it looks with the blasted frame and hardware.

bladecommander and atony, nice work on both sides. I agree that the southard could have done much better than the brown G-10, it's pretty obvious that Spyderco had their crosshairs on the ZT0561 ... which is too bad because there are so many cool ideas out there, as show by both of you. how do you guys feel about the double-crescent spot for the index finger, is it as bad/awkward as most reviewers make it out to be?

Hollow ground 154CM Manix2.

Took this one in as a gift from a friend when I got a promotion at work. I was amazed at the quality of the blade, and still am. I fancied her up to 30 inclusive on the ole sharpmaker.

You gotta regrind that beast and dye the ball lock cage broman. Adds a lot of zazz.

bladecommander and atony, nice work on both sides. I agree that the southard could have done much better than the brown G-10, it's pretty obvious that Spyderco had their crosshairs on the ZT0561 ... which is too bad because there are so many cool ideas out there, as show by both of you. how do you guys feel about the double-crescent spot for the index finger, is it as bad/awkward as most reviewers make it out to be?

All I can say is this is by far my favorite Spyderco, even in its stock form.

Just finished polishing up my Ti Millie. I carried it once and the handle got scratched up. :confused: I'm guessing it got tangled up with my keys or something. Yeah, character and all, but I really wanted to see what it would look like polished. Came out great.

I'll carry it around for a while. :thumbup:

hsm7.jpg

The opening hole cutout was slightly uncomfortable with the stock scale because of the sharp edges of the G10. My finger slipped into the smallest cutout and the corners kind of pinched my finger. Once I put my scale on with smooth edges my finger feels very comfortable in the cutouts. Also the contoured surface of the anso pattern fills the hand better than the flat G10.

It was a good knife with the stock scale. Its a great knife with a custom contoured scale.

Today, I'm carrying my modded Urban leaf blade - with cocobolo scales. Nice and lightweight for a day in the office.

TedP

Can't carry my gun today so I've got a PE police 3 on my right (strong side), and yojimbo 2 on left side. Both are great SD knives and I had to take a few minutes to decide if I wanted to carry the police or my szabo..

Back