1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Which Spyderco are you carrying today?

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Cisco Kid, May 2, 2013.

1. ucfgrad93

ucfgrad93

Dec 13, 2017
    Love that knife!

2. David Richardson

David Richardson Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2018
    I have several Natives despite not being a fan of back locks. I'll grab the next S90V Native that comes out.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  3. Custom

Custom Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 15, 2012
    [​IMG]

4. Cscotttsss

Cscotttsss Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 3, 2015
    [​IMG]

toxophilus, Norvox, uxo2 and 5 others like this.
  5. K9-1

K9-1

May 16, 2018
    One of these. 20190212_111226.jpg

blame it on god, Filoso, uxo2 and 2 others like this.
  6. bigolegator

bigolegator Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2014
    048CFC89-C874-48D4-930D-35A5DF76C293.jpeg Yes....again :thumbsup:

7. Chucktabulous

Chucktabulous

Jan 11, 2019
    [​IMG]
    This is one of those knives that'll never be sold. I was cutting some cardboard the other day at work and a couple of people were actually alarmed at how sharp it was.
    I wasn't being weird with it or anything. It just was clearly miles sharper than the razor knives they were using.
    It's an outstanding arrangement - the steel, the blade geometry, the build... it just does what I want it to do without a whimper.
    It laughed at the 2x4s that I had to take the bumps off of.

8. Colorodo

Colorodo Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2014
  9. Filoso

Filoso Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 22, 2013
  10. sgt1372

sgt1372 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 16, 2018
    I recently bought two plain edged Gen 1 Endura Clip-its (C10PBK) off of eBay; they're the old FRN Enduras w/the molded plastic clips on them.

Bought them because I already owned a pair of vintage Enduras w/combo and fully serrated blades that I bought in the 90's and wanted to complete the set w/a plain edged version.

The 1st one I bought is the one at the top of the photo. It was used w/a dulled tip. Got a good price for it because of its poor condition. It wasn't a perfect match to the other Enduras because it did not have the steel type stamped on the blade, which meant that it actually preceded the ones that I already had which were each stamped AUS-8.

Sent the 1st one to Spyderco to reshape and sharpen the blade. They did a good job of it, as you can see in the photo. The tip looks brand new but, what you won't really notice, is that they had to shorten the blade about 1/16" of an inch to do it. They also were unable (or didn't bother) to try to remove some discoloration (not sure if it's corrosion or not) from the blade that you can see in the photo. So, the knife is just a user (rather than a collector piece) for me.

Since I wasn't entirely satisfied w/the 1st one, I kept looking and found the 2nd one at the bottom of the photo which actually is a perfect match with the other 2 knives because it's also stamped AUS-8. So, now I have a complete vintage Gen 1 Endura knife set, as well as one that I can use and abuse.

Long story short, I'm carrying the user Gen 1 Endura at the top of the photo today. ;)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    uxo2 likes this.
  11. uxo2

uxo2 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2013
    [​IMG]

toxophilus, Filoso and Sharp Guy like this.
  12. Darkera

Darkera

Oct 22, 2016
    I carried my Benchmade Valet today but when I checked my mailbox my Mantra was in! I look forward to carrying it tomorrow, what a great knife! First few flips were duds but I'm getting used to the action and really like it. It was a tough choice between the Mantra and Mantra 2 but I'm glad I picked this one!

13. 5-by-5

5-by-5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 13, 2016
    [​IMG]

14. Spydergirl88

Spydergirl88

Dec 3, 2015
    [​IMG]

15. Filoso

Filoso Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 22, 2013
    [​IMG]

16. Otto Carpenter

Otto Carpenter Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 24, 2016
  17. Norvox

Norvox

May 24, 2014
  18. blame it on god

blame it on god Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Spydiechef at work today.

[​IMG]

Rusty_shackelford and Filoso like this.
  19. toxophilus

toxophilus Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2015
    Manix XL S90V (3rd week in a row) and the little sibling in CTS-XHP for this upcoming week [​IMG]

ManixXL2_A_021619.jpg