1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Which Spyderco are you carrying today?

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Cisco Kid, May 2, 2013.

1. sgt1372

sgt1372 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 16, 2018
    Just removed a standard G10 Manix 2 from my pocket and replaced it w/the Smock that I just received in the mail. :)

[​IMG]

2. Kels73

Kels73 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2012
    This is great news! I love my Police 4.

[​IMG]

3. sharp_edge

sharp_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2015
    I love my recently acquired Police 4. But please educate me what's even better about FRN version of it? It will be lighter (I imagine) but for such a large knife, the current g10 version is not heavy at all. It will probably have better balance as the g10 version favors the handle end. I assume it will be cheaper?

What else am I missing?

Kels73 likes this.
  4. Kels73

Kels73 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2012
    @sharp_edge For clarification, I didn't say it will be better. I said this is great news.

Some potential advantages of a FRN Police 4 are price, weight, and variety.

Plus I actually like Spyderco's FRN. It provides excellent traction, and I think it looks nice depending on the color.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  5. sharp_edge

sharp_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Sorry - I may not have said it well but I was honestly curious of the FRN version of Police 4. I'm sure it will be a great knife and I am debating whether to get it or just another g10 Police 4.

Kels73 likes this.
  6. Spydergirl88

Spydergirl88

Dec 3, 2015
  7. Colorodo

Colorodo Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2014
  8. sgt1372

sgt1372 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 16, 2018
    Just put a Tropen back in my pocket because of all of the nonsense people (who have never even held the knife) keep saying about it here.

It's a great knife -- well suited for the purpose for which it was designed, which is SD. It's no more "dangerous" to carry and handle any any of the other 80+ Spydercos that I own and I like it far more than the "just released" Smock that it replaced in my pocket.

[​IMG]

9. Darkera

Darkera

Oct 22, 2016
    Carrying my new Mantra 1 and VERY happy with this knife! At first I thought it needed a stronger detent (as others have suggested), but after some practice I'm pleased with the flipper action and easily deploy it 100% of the time. What a great knife.

5-by-5 likes this.
  10. Filoso

Filoso Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 22, 2013
    [​IMG]

11. Darkera

Darkera

Oct 22, 2016
    My Delica HAP40 arrived today so I'll carry that tomorrow. I really like the wharncliffe blade! The burnt orange is a little too drab for me but I didn't buy this for the color. Very cool! Poor lighting so forgive the picture.

[​IMG]

12. civtamayo

civtamayo

Feb 2, 2015
    [​IMG]

bigolegator, uxo2, wildwoodsy and 4 others like this.
  13. RipD

RipD Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 10, 2014
    Very used Sage 1. Blade shows a lot more wear/scratching in person. Close to a perfect EDC for me. The edge is a mess with about 3 different bevels (bought used). Will re-profile before I post it again. [​IMG]

14. Filoso

Filoso Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 22, 2013
  15. razorburn

razorburn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2007
    Carrying my screw converted Manix 2 with a DLC Hollow Ground S30V

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  16. Colorodo

Colorodo Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2014
    1651E5EE-2DE9-4E89-8778-8C10943F0FD6.jpeg

17. 5-by-5

5-by-5

Oct 13, 2016
  18. SLOsmokin

SLOsmokin Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    Cold weather means jacket pockets to stuff knifes in. Maxamet mule.
    [​IMG]

19. Rusty_shackelford

Rusty_shackelford Gold Member Gold Member

May 3, 2013
    [​IMG]

20. Kreyzhorse

Kreyzhorse Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Lil Nilakka. I love the obscure and slightly odd Spydies.