1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Which Spyderco are you carrying today?

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Cisco Kid, May 2, 2013.

1. David Richardson

David Richardson Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2018
    Could you share how you did that? Did you let it dry on the surface? Soak it? I just found rust under my K390 Mule scales. If this kind of patina makes rust less likely I'm all over it.

2. AF

AF Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2000
    Lil' Native back lock! Great knife.

3. anycal

anycal

Jan 11, 2017
  4. SPBTooL

SPBTooL

Feb 3, 2019
    I just got the new Smok and it will now be my non-work daily carry.

Knifeoholic likes this.
  5. sgt1372

sgt1372 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 16, 2018
    From the Police 4 to a Ulize today. The Ulize was on my buy list from the start but it took me awhile to find in acceptable condition 1 for a reasonable price. Love the thin 4 1/8" long recurve design of the blade which can be used for normal cutting task while also being well suited for SD use in a standard or reverse hand grip.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  6. sliceofaloha

sliceofaloha Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 4, 2018
    Can't speak to how it will protect, but here's what I did: I sat the blade over my bathroom sink show side up and doused it with white vinegar. The vinegar settled on the show side in a broad band and the spots on the back side just happened randomly, like places the vinegar wanted to drip from. 30 - 40 minutes time left alone, still very wet when I went back to wash it off. I then took the scales off to dry the metal underneath. Added a thin coat of some gun lube I had hanging around. My wife and kids curled their noses up at the stinky bathroom odor of the vinegar!

7. Kaizen1

Kaizen1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2006
  8. bigolegator

bigolegator Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2014
    3FE64ABF-369B-4B92-BD8C-96F279A35F65.jpeg

9. Colorodo

Colorodo Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2014
    65FC1953-C47F-4DFA-B04C-875F2ADB0C8E.jpeg

Rusty_shackelford and toxophilus like this.
  10. Filoso

Filoso Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 22, 2013
    [​IMG]

11. Chucktabulous

Chucktabulous

Jan 11, 2019
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Rockstarter

Rockstarter Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 28, 2017
  13. Rusty_shackelford

Rusty_shackelford Gold Member Gold Member

May 3, 2013
    ^ i like your style.

[​IMG]

14. sliceofaloha

sliceofaloha Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 4, 2018
    Just want to report I am extremely satisfied with my Endura zdp-189! Wow, what a great knife. Tons of pocket time since I got it less than a week ago.

I'm in Hawaii and wear shorts all the time and it is such a good lightweight piece to carry around easily. Cheers to Spyderco!

15. sgt1372

sgt1372 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 16, 2018
    Staying in the Hennicke/Spyderco family, I swapped the Ulize for the Opus today.

Really like the really sharp tipped triangular "drop point" flat ground blade that is obviously good for stabbing and slicing. The ergos of the handle allow it to be held w/the index or middle finger in the deep cutout in the handle for a standard or choked up grip suitable for various types of use, including SD. A very subtle and well thought out design.

[​IMG]

Prester John, ferider, RipD and 4 others like this.
  16. blades&wrenches

blades&wrenches Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Fresh out of the box and into my pocket!
    [​IMG]

17. Cscotttsss

Cscotttsss Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Crosspost from the #tinyspydiechallenge thread. Day 2 with the smallest Spyderco I own.

[​IMG]

18. David Richardson

David Richardson Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2018
    The K390 is calling to me. I might pay way over original retail to get one of these.

Chucktabulous likes this.
  19. Chucktabulous

Chucktabulous

Jan 11, 2019
    I'd guess so. I purged the vast majority of my knife collection and only kept the ones that are legit cutters/workers.
    This one made the cut - pun intended.
    Hope you find one. Might be the perfect EDC regardless of the steel option one gets.

20. AlwaysTomboy

AlwaysTomboy

Jan 31, 2016
    I wasn't too keen on a non-locking Spyderco, but this little guy has won me over. It's a great size for puttering around the house and, shown here, helping out with lunch.

[​IMG]