Who likes and carries a congress

Hello guys how are you all this good friday? I just recently bought a imperial congress imp15con recently at smokey mountain knife works. I bought it on a whim while getting a rough ridea stockman I have with a broken scale replaced. I always wanted to try one and for six bucks what the heck. I have been carrying it for about two weeks. I have to say it' a pretry good user. I work doing maintenance at a factory and repair automated robots, I cut different things strip wire. The congress has been a good jack of all trades. I used to carry a one hand opener and just used traditional patterns to whittle. I grew up with traditional and decided to get back to my roots and carry them. I bought a couple stockmen to use since my old ones from teens and elementary school were worn out. And I like to have blades that do certain tasks better and easier than my worn out one hand opener. I feel like I maybe like jac k knife ole Carl was with his peanut. The small ltitle over 3 inch knife is easy to carry I also carry off and on a rough rider over 4 inch glow stockman but both are light weight. So my question is who likes a congress and have any of you all used it to clean game fish, deer, or turkey. I may have found a pattern I like and carry all the time like grandpa's carry there pen knife if not I can always got to my large stockman.

I usually carry a Congress pattern knife. For four blades I have an old Camillus, for two I prefer the Jacks over the opposing end "half" versions. They are slim, comfortable in the hand, and do most everything I need them to do. I don't hunt much anymore, but for dove or quail the Congress works fine. Here are some of my favorites:
HvPv53Z.jpg

I usually carry a Congress pattern knife. For four blades I have an old Camillus, for two I prefer the Jacks over the opposing end "half" versions. They are slim, comfortable in the hand, and do most everything I need them to do. I don't hunt much anymore, but for dove or quail the Congress works fine. Here are some of my favorites:
HvPv53Z.jpg
Nice ones eisman since I realize I like the congress I may have to get a more upscale version like a case or queen someday when I have more funds great knives

I do like the congress pattern and speaking of SMKW they have a Böker Tennessee whiskey barrel exclusive congress that I'm eye balling

I do like the congress pattern and speaking of SMKW they have a Böker Tennessee whiskey barrel exclusive congress that I'm eye balling
I looked at that knife on the website and the description says "Made in the U.S.A." even though the photo seems to show the Solingen shield and the tang stamp definitely includes "Solingen, Germany". Haven't that shield and tang stamp always been an indicator of German-made Bökers in the past??

BTW, I like the idea of a congress knife, but I only have one and don't carry it very often.

- GT

Discussing vendors, especially one that is not a supporting dealer, doesn't belong here guys. Thanks!

I looked at that knife on the website and the description says "Made in the U.S.A." even though the photo seems to show the Solingen shield and the tang stamp definitely includes "Solingen, Germany". Haven't that shield and tang stamp always been an indicator of German-made Bökers in the past??

BTW, I like the idea of a congress knife, but I only have one and don't carry it very often.

- GT
I am not sure about that used to mean made in Germany but I have seen in another thread people asking same thing they also have a nice looking barlow with same wood for scales good looking knives

- GT
Edited nvm :)

I've had a congress pattern. Not my favorite, but I admire it because it's so incredibly traditional. Something about it to me seems like it is a mascot for traditional pocket knives, right up there with a stockman. I like whittlers, but if I were more of a carver, a congress with all the straight edge and small blades would be really nice, especially the full thickness 4 blade patterns to fill *the* hand.

I have a Case Congress that I bought probably 25 years ago. There was a time I carried it every day. It's a good knife, and a good pattern. Nowadays it is on my dresser with other pocket knives and I carry it once in a while. No reason I don't use it more often; I just usually grab something else that I've purchased more recently.

I've had a congress pattern. Not my favorite, but I admire it because it's so incredibly traditional. Something about it to me seems like it is a mascot for traditional pocket knives, right up there with a stockman. I like whittlers, but if I were more of a carver, a congress with all the straight edge and small blades would be really nice, especially the full thickness 4 blade patterns to fill *the* hand.
It does make a great whittling g knife I like mine has a copeing blade and wharnclif blade . I like having a knife I can use for work and play. I used to carry a one hand opener and a traditional and then just the one hand opener. I guess getting older I just like traveling light

I have a Case Congress that I bought probably 25 years ago. There was a time I carried it every day. It's a good knife, and a good pattern. Nowadays it is on my dresser with other pocket knives and I carry it once in a while. No reason I don't use it more often; I just usually grab something else that I've purchased more recently.
I do that sometimes I like to collect certain patterns especially if it's got a color scale I do not have and family buy knives a ot for me since I always have carried one and whittle

Back