Who likes and carries a congress

This is my favorite knife. In my pocket right now, as usual

V0lvAfE.jpg
Great looking knife

I don't use or carry any Full Congress knives anymore, gave them away, although I do have a Rough rider Mini Congress out of interest. The pattern is an old one and very admired but I find it a bit awkward in the hand and they often have blade duplication which I don't care for in knives (same with most Muskrats).

I like the Half Congress, 2 blades, preferably single-spring at each end. GEC have offered them, Queen too and probably CASE.

It's always gratifying to hear of somebody getting interested in Traditionals again and actually using them on the job :cool:

Here's a GEC 13 'Clerk' that I've recently become interested in again.

w2FQ5iu.jpg

Thanks, Will

I want to like them, but then I get them in hand and it's too many blades sticking up making it wide and unwieldy. I have these 3...

41122056131_ef5eceff08_c.jpg

One with 3 spears and a sheepsfoot and one with 3 sheepsfoots (feet?) and one spear...

26251133517_e13c1c43d4_c.jpg

The stag in the center is kind of weird - one Henckels stamped blade and one Boker stamped blade. It makes me wonder if parts got mixed up in the factory. Then again, the joints are so sunken and the kicks look like they may have been filed, so I wonder if someone modded it and put that Boker blade on it to replace one that broke. It's an odd duck at any rate, and also my favorite because of the sunken joints and the lack of half stops. :)

40411518024_9859d5b633_c.jpg

40411518974_9a40c5b57b_c.jpg

26251131477_12cc52823b_c.jpg

I don't use or carry any Full Congress knives anymore, gave them away, although I do have a Rough rider Mini Congress out of interest. The pattern is an old one and very admired but I find it a bit awkward in the hand and they often have blade duplication which I don't care for in knives (same with most Muskrats).

I like the Half Congress, 2 blades, preferably single-spring at each end. GEC have offered them, Queen too and probably CASE.

It's always gratifying to hear of somebody getting interested in Traditionals again and actually using them on the job :cool:

Here's a GEC 13 'Clerk' that I've recently become interested in again.

w2FQ5iu.jpg

Thanks, Will
That is a sweet knife never seen a mini one I will have to get online and look at some very nice. It is nice getting into traditional knives again. I find they cut better and look better then most modern knives. I was ready to slow down and enjoy things more I find I have time to think about a problem and find a solution reaching in pocket to get my knife and open it sort of like a mini break lol. If it was good for my dad and grandpa it is good for me. I used to have a small buck my dad gave me he won in archery competition first knife I had then he got me a swiss army knife used those for everything. Then I had a large stockman in high chool used it camping with friends we hardly ever had a axe just used knife to break limbs and prep wood for campfires they are a tough working knife. I got a trapper and carried it when I first started my job then got a one hander to be quicker now I hate useing it traditional cut like s light saber

I want to like them, but then I get them in hand and it's too many blades sticking up making it wide and unwieldy. I have these 3...

41122056131_ef5eceff08_c.jpg

One with 3 spears and a sheepsfoot and one with 3 sheepsfoots (feet?) and one spear...

26251133517_e13c1c43d4_c.jpg

The stag in the center is kind of weird - one Henckels stamped blade and one Boker stamped blade. It makes me wonder if parts got mixed up in the factory. Then again, the joints are so sunken and the kicks look like they may have been filed, so I wonder if someone modded it and put that Boker blade on it to replace one that broke. It's an odd duck at any rate, and also my favorite because of the sunken joints and the lack of half stops. :)

40411518974_9a40c5b57b_c.jpg

I would love that knife too gives it character

I carried this Case for a couple days just to see if I wanted to add it to my everyday carry rotation. I really like a four blade Congress but I just can't seem to warm up to carrying one. I guess I just feel that I'm over-bladed.
10th Anniversary Pocket Worn Congress.JPG

This Schatt & Morgan is my favorite Congress but it's way too big and bulky for my pocket.
IMG_3309.JPG

I like a 4 blade congress as long as it doesn't have duplicate blades. I carry this Boker carvers congress. It gives me the choice of a Sheepfoot, spey, coping or pen blade.
B3iDCDYLF1hzCbP7xVbyP15Hm4R6Imc23jiTNfO1PQdEOne26P6iyg9ZHogrNv883DdrLt2wluBUxQ0IVlesjcyyTFc1Og3KQn3qOaqUE7Y6dNibGhxghmhV9LeAQAESzHE7zPyRyPGN98WK-_B0kgLrLympTQQ5oUY8LBH7uIZL2Tkra5qeQ5jarz-3hzY1vtmjuI3efgPqYAbTyeMtEcMvTu224l7kG1TP_Lt_8AyVNA6MHAUryYMNm51ixhC1-krPzap5p7mC0J6asskKKzlURJM4CkNq4BKjTwns2VhyoWOhdBiG1E-LrqFX_Kg2G0J7hKTNTxGzKJjv4-YQidas0psbgdqd-il4_XyzxVfDpdD0mpelzIhBt_YTSnydPD7ZwPcvR9PF1kmxwURcoSKdgXez7Qp3_AXD8bvxRZwVunOle2vRy_BoCKo7j8ZDMjV368BJRwsBTPXgn72V41TBRiwl94vUOlWXzs5AHTMwXdyNY6lZaE5Xd9hHzWW3GhzdaB6BKKSpg2mjFBtZ8p8Z1s2hzSqouCCUNbbAP_eTF1rWacDDDm9pO0geiRfAAH0qwNCKPFRwC8gWNlq3_kb6Qtly9xFR6AFfDiBDU4BlED2D0TJqGzPuP8P2V-Ci0U2k45UiFQcf-jg7VpGnbz28VTnj_jzC=w1024

O.B.
That is a great looking one I have never seen one with a spey that would be a useful knife. My cheap one I bought just has two sheep' foot and a coping and a wharnclif blade online they call it a pen blade. I will have to get a sweet one like that soon but for now I will use the heck out of it it got a work out yesterday dyeing easter effs with my 4 year old daughter and wife. It cut cardboard to put down on tabe to keep dye from getting on table, it made a egg grabber out of a plastic tong utensil we had but had to add plastic spoons with electric tape since tongs were flat could not grab. I did that to keep from having to stain my wife's good tongs that have like some kind of light colored silicon

I carried this Case for a couple days just to see if I wanted to add it to my everyday carry rotation. I really like a four blade Congress but I just can't seem to warm up to carrying one. I guess I just feel that I'm over-bladed.
View attachment 878445

This Schatt & Morgan is my favorite Congress but it's way too big and bulky for my pocket.
View attachment 878452
That case with green bone is beautiful I have a rough rider large stockman with smooth green bone stroke of luck series it is worn out now carried it for years. That schatt & morgan is nice is it a 4 inch one looks as big as my stockman nice knife I felt over bladed too but I find when i whittle I switch blades alot and having one sheep' foot to use for rough utility work is great

That case with green bone is beautiful I have a rough rider large stockman with smooth green bone stroke of luck series it is worn out now carried it for years. That schatt & morgan is nice is it a 4 inch one looks as big as my stockman nice knife I felt over bladed too but I find when i whittle I switch blades alot and having one sheep' foot to use for rough utility work is great
Thank you for the compliments. The Schatt is indeed 4 inches closed.

That Hoffritz stag half-congress is superb, R rishma ! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I want to like them, but then I get them in hand and it's too many blades sticking up making it wide and unwieldy. ...
The stag in the center is kind of weird - one Henckels stamped blade and one Boker stamped blade. ... It's an odd duck at any rate, and also my favorite because of the sunken joints and the lack of half stops. :)

That "hybrid" Henckels stag congress is very attractive for the reasons you note AlwaysTomboy AlwaysTomboy ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: What are the two smaller blade shapes? Pen and coping?

I like a 4 blade congress as long as it doesn't have duplicate blades. I carry this Boker carvers congress. It gives me the choice of a Sheepfoot, spey, coping or pen blade.
B3iDCDYLF1hzCbP7xVbyP15Hm4R6Imc23jiTNfO1PQdEOne26P6iyg9ZHogrNv883DdrLt2wluBUxQ0IVlesjcyyTFc1Og3KQn3qOaqUE7Y6dNibGhxghmhV9LeAQAESzHE7zPyRyPGN98WK-_B0kgLrLympTQQ5oUY8LBH7uIZL2Tkra5qeQ5jarz-3hzY1vtmjuI3efgPqYAbTyeMtEcMvTu224l7kG1TP_Lt_8AyVNA6MHAUryYMNm51ixhC1-krPzap5p7mC0J6asskKKzlURJM4CkNq4BKjTwns2VhyoWOhdBiG1E-LrqFX_Kg2G0J7hKTNTxGzKJjv4-YQidas0psbgdqd-il4_XyzxVfDpdD0mpelzIhBt_YTSnydPD7ZwPcvR9PF1kmxwURcoSKdgXez7Qp3_AXD8bvxRZwVunOle2vRy_BoCKo7j8ZDMjV368BJRwsBTPXgn72V41TBRiwl94vUOlWXzs5AHTMwXdyNY6lZaE5Xd9hHzWW3GhzdaB6BKKSpg2mjFBtZ8p8Z1s2hzSqouCCUNbbAP_eTF1rWacDDDm9pO0geiRfAAH0qwNCKPFRwC8gWNlq3_kb6Qtly9xFR6AFfDiBDU4BlED2D0TJqGzPuP8P2V-Ci0U2k45UiFQcf-jg7VpGnbz28VTnj_jzC=w1024

O.B.
Now THIS model has called out to me for quite a while! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I totally agree with O Old Biker 's rationale! ;)

The only congress patterns I have are this Rough Rider
6WnnJFf.jpg

and this Case half-congress I won in a leghog GAW. I really like this one! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
xlSJgXq.jpg

- GT

That Hoffritz stag half-congress is superb, R rishma ! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

That "hybrid" Henckels stag congress is very attractive for the reasons you note AlwaysTomboy AlwaysTomboy ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: What are the two smaller blade shapes? Pen and coping?

Now THIS model has called out to me for quite a while! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I totally agree with O Old Biker 's rationale! ;)

The only congress patterns I have are this Rough Rider
6WnnJFf.jpg

and this Case half-congress I won in a leghog GAW. I really like this one! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
xlSJgXq.jpg

- GT
Love that case congress.

Back