Who made your favorite puukko?

I don't have my favorite puukko yet.... but when I do, it will be made by @jelio .
I do have at least two puukkos that are nice enough, but his work hits me viscerally.
Someday....
Yes, Jelio knives are top notch stuff....
yu9BGt1.jpg

My latest puukko started out as a Lauri 95mm H.D. blade which I reprofiled and reground to rhomboid shape then hand polished to 800x and gray Scotch-Brite satin. The handle is redheart with black & white ebony bolster and beveled endcap. Minwax clear satin finish was used to keep the wood from turning brown. Basic bison leather sheath completes the knife.

[

Last edited:
It's nothing like these other traditional works of art, but the Benchmade Puuko is an awesome user.

This was my favorite puukko.

14151521656_04e1e58194_c.jpg

The maker has a unique style, a look that makes his knives immediately identifiable. His craftsmanship is impeccable. I've owned a few customs over the years, and this puukko was the closest to perfect that I've seen.

16851247891_7aeed47127_c.jpg

His sheathwork is outstanding as well. Not very ornate, but with this sort of quality they don't need to be.

16644996557_300e5df864_c.jpg

Like a fool I let this knife go a few years back. It was a tad bit smaller than I liked, so I sold it thinking I'd just order another one. Alas, I don't think he makes knives any more, so I have to try and content myself with these meager pics.

16232340353_cbba77f332_c.jpg

16826430566_af74ef41c7_c.jpg
Sold ? Noooooooooooooo!

HARDBALL

I have a Henri Tikkanen Karjalan style, puukko that has been a great pleasure. Young Finnish maker , easy to communicate with, good prices, excellent (if not the most refined) product.

View attachment 1358098

Just sos ya know - there's a nice custom listed on the fixed blade exchange right now.
Beautiful knife. Where can I find out more about them

I made these puukkot during the late summer. 80mm Lauri blades which were reground, polished and satin finished. Sheaths were made without danglers per customer request. Both are nice EDC puukkot. Now I need one.

You make and sell these? I would like one with a yp taonto blade

Back