Who makes great leather sheaths!!

Sorry for the Necro—who does leather and is still taking orders? I haven’t been able to get replies from Chuddybear, Pirtlemade was going to be my next try but he isn’t taking new orders based on the message on his site. Who’s out there and ready for orders that people recommend in 2018?

73F7D67A-D02A-4D3F-AD53-E37D9D5F9070.jpeg 3CD92F3E-D2A2-4988-BE99-8228941A069D.jpeg 8A53EE74-8C9F-4F06-BCF3-8F51E0EAEC52.jpeg

Dwayne/Armorall is excellent. Just got an order back from him with maybe a 3 month wait time. X loops on both sides. It is so excellent in every way. Very highly recommend.

Last edited:
I too have enjoyed many awesome sheaths from Chuddy Bear (my very first), Rainwalker, Armorall, Patriot, Kenny Rowe and a few others I don't recall at the moment.

If you want a nice lighter weight leather sheath, I just received three Azula Gun Holster sheaths and am very impressed with the quality, fit & color of them. Being a lighter weight leather, the long one for the BB13 will give a bit when the knife is out, which is actually helpful when kneeling or squatting outside while working with the blade. The flexibility ensures sheath doesn't stiffarm the ground right into the side of your waist in low brush clearing activities. With the blade in, they are just as stiff as any other leather sheath.

I have about 4 from Armorall, and they are super nice... He's probably going to get my business on the next one. Just wanted to see some others, too, since I don't have them from a ton of different makers. I have one from Rainwalker that is really nice. I'll have to see if he is taking orders, along with Kenny Rowe and some others mentioned already.

That is some really nice info about Azula's sheaths as well, AZTimT. I'll definitely need to try one of theirs out at some point along the line.

Dwayne is my leather guy and Dave is my kydex guy. No one does kydex better than Dave and no one does leather better than Dwayne. Though, I do like what I see from patriot leather.

1CA37E51-1AC5-4AD9-AC8F-A539A30448FD.jpeg I ordered a sheath from savage once .. 10 days until it was in my hands ( left hand custom for a Bg ASH ) . Very reasonable price , excellent customer service .

pirtlemade! Chad's work is excellent, and he's a great guy.

*edit* just saw that he's not taking new orders as well... I just finished writing to him--my sheath should be here soon, my order was in a while back.

pirtlemade! Chad's work is excellent, and he's a great guy.

*edit* just saw that he's not taking new orders as well... I just finished writing to him--my sheath should be here soon, my order was in a while back.
I mailed him too - He's putting out some fantastic looking stuff so goes the being busy part which I'm happy for him.
Can't wait to see what you have in the works :rolleyes:

Azula made me a leather sheath for my BG Fusion Battle mistress, I got it for 49.95 and received one week later. It is high quality and lightweight. I also highly recommend Condos leather. My TGLB sheath is excellent.

There are MANY fine sheath makers. For my custom S!K 2.7 cross-draw sheath, I went to (IMO) the finest leather craftsman that I've come across. Dave Ferry of Horsewright Clothing and Tack. He has a working ranch in California; his family participates in roping contests and other cowboy stuff in the area.
Dave makes great leather for all ranch and horse uses...including leather chaps and belts and sheaths...and BTW, he has beautiful line of fixed blade knives that are drop-dead gorgeous.
This is a custom belt and leather cross-draw sheath that he just finished for me.
The quality is unmatched...from my point of view.

cwLObDS.jpg

Last edited:
Chad does some very nice leather work , and he has a LOT of Busse knives for patterns too.
I just found out myself he is very busy right now.
Sounds like I have a few months to save up for my order now anyways.
i3RSTE3.jpg

Pirtle’s work is Great. He has some great design concepts. And those are some really cool sheaths lex2006. LOVE the culti one.you should send it to me for a better look!
Chad, if your reading this add it to my list. :cool:;)

Pirtle’s work is Great. He has some great design concepts. And those are some really cool sheaths lex2006. LOVE the culti one.you should send it to me for a better look!
Chad, if your reading this add it to my list. :cool:;)

Ya that one has a bit of story , Chad probly thought I was some kind crazy when I contacted him about making that one.
It actually fits inside my pocket but still hangs off belt , sitting, driving, ladders crawling around , it works very good. He put a lot of thought into that and is very much appreciated for his time and effort .

Chad does fantastic work, and you will not find a better guy to work with. I would wait for him to open his books back up.

Back