Who still carries a Case Knife?

iSs9Ez4.jpg

Some of you know I have been on the hunt for a 1970 ten dot user...as I was born in 1970 (why I couldn’t have been born in ‘71 - and save a couple bucks?) and as luck would have it I found one. Mailman came today and it’s my new small Texas jack! Not really a user, it’s just dead mint. Very happy! I think I am going to keep this one in tip top shape. No fish, fruit, boxes etc...but I have said that before and it never lasts :)View attachment 1537742View attachment 1537743

Deadstock '70? Very cool find. :cool:

Last week I did not carry a Case knife, per my rotation schedule. :(
But this week, my schedule has granted me the pleasure of carrying 2 Case stockman knives and a Case canoe, all with bone covers. :thumbsup::):thumbsup:
View attachment 1537419
View attachment 1537420
View attachment 1537421

- GT

How does this rotation schedule of yours work? Seems to me somtines your disappointed, or surprised what your carrying? Is it predetermined long before hand, or a randomization?

Just curious. :)
I spend like 15 minutes over a cup of tea every morning agonizing over what to carry... lol.

No matter what's in my pocket or on my belt, this has always been on my desk for about 10yrs now
CASE XX USA 617-3 Natural smooth bone Fixed Blade Desk Knife 154 CM (discontinued) ... and leather desk sheath
Not my grandmother's letter opener ...

79kaUtW.jpg

Right now I alternate between a Case CV Jigged Amber Bone 75 pattern Stockman, a Case SS Jigged Bone (it's a dark brown, not sure of the exact name of the color) Mini Trapper, and a Cold Steel full size Trapper with Carbon V blades. I may also add a Case CV medium Stockman to the carry collection soon.

I'm not really a collector, but I also have a Case Trapper with "Northern Lights" pattern Corelon. I think the handles on that knife are so pretty that I just keep it in my desk drawer or safe just to look at. I would hate to scratch those handles, so that one will likely not be in the carry roundup. LOL!

Case knives, to me, have always been known commodities. They may not be the flashiest knives in the knife world, but they always seem to do the job, while looking good in their own right. I'm sure I'll buy more of them in the future.

Here's the Case I have in my pocket today. It's nice and thin... about like the Sodbuster Jr. I carried last week. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Ol' Blu-belly :cool:
MiSJljV.jpg

sparerow

Falling in love with slim, single blade versions of patterns that usually have multi blades. Is this single blade Sowbelly pinchable to open or is the nail nick required?

Falling in love with slim, single blade versions of patterns that usually have multi blades. Is this single blade Sowbelly pinchable to open or is the nail nick required?
I can not pinch open the single blade sowbelly shown below; not enough exposed blade. However, it is a great knife, perhaps the most ergonomic of the ones shown below.
BoyVheT.jpg

I can not pinch open the single blade sowbelly shown below; not enough exposed blade. However, it is a great knife, perhaps the most ergonomic of the ones shown below.
BoyVheT.jpg
The Case Sowbelly is not pinchable for me either. I don't have one but it appears the Tribal might be the most pinchable single blade Case.

Back