1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Why do we love knife so much? Seriously why?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Kizer Cutlery, Mar 13, 2020.

1. KELAMA

KELAMA Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 28, 2013
    ^ Excellent post! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I can absolutely relate to this, especially to the parts in bold. :) Part of being a skilled, highly productive carpenter, is having the right tool for the right job, as well as keeping focused & having good organizational skills. I too know where all of my tools are at all times....& I also leave my phone in my truck during the day. < Don't even get me started on that one!

My addiction/need for wood working tools, kind of went hand in hand, when I got into this knife hobby...& although a carry a knife or 2 every day while I'm at work, I rarely find the need to use one, as my utility knife is the primary cutting tool I typically use.

48368506_1369115659892610_561427189946384384_n.jpg 48387041_1369115586559284_3271571426536062976_n.jpg 48266913_1369115633225946_5142812420258922496_n.jpg 48189785_1369115739892602_4796094755723280384_n.jpg

willc and Kizer Cutlery like this.
  2. Chronovore

Chronovore Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 29, 2019
    I hope you'll develop some more Tangram knives soon. Besides my own use, I've found the Tangram knives to make excellent gifts. The use and overall value a person can get from a knife like the Santa Fe is huge. Being able to give that to someone for less than $30 is amazing.

Speaking of gifts, I got my wife and daughter each their favorite color of the Domin Mini. That's a really nice little knife. For some of the same reasons I like Acuto 440 at the lower price tier, I'm happy to see you using N690 in these. I'm all set on D2. I want to see more N690 in that $50-75 zone. I'd love to see it with a flipper, a deep-carry clip, and good simple ergonomics. :)

3. Kizer Cutlery

Kizer Cutlery Follow our Instagram: kizercutlery_inc Moderator

Jun 24, 2013
    You might like our Feist, its a beautiful gentlemen knife.

TheEdge01 likes this.
  4. Kizer Cutlery

Jun 24, 2013
    haha, that was a good one!

David Mary likes this.
  5. Kizer Cutlery

Jun 24, 2013
    Nice, Hopefully someday Kizer can be you hand's extension.

6. Kizer Cutlery

Jun 24, 2013
    True, it is the memory of our ancestors and flowing in our blood. It just feel right to hold it in hand. Kizer may be young but makes knives as our ancestors did, practical and just feel right in hand.

7. Kizer Cutlery

Jun 24, 2013
    haha, that would be fun?

David Mary likes this.
  8. Kizer Cutlery

Jun 24, 2013
    WOW, that seems nice!! Please check out Kizer Cutlery and tell us do we have the knife suitable for the work like what you are doing? We realy wanna make some knives for you.

KELAMA likes this.
  9. Kizer Cutlery

Jun 24, 2013
    We are so sorry that we may not develop new Tangram knives soon but we still have some in store. Fortunly, we are focusing on Vanguard series which use N690 in $50-75 zone this year. You might follow our Instagram or Facebook for further information. ;)

Chronovore likes this.
  10. Kizer Cutlery

Jun 24, 2013
    True.:thumbsup:

11. Kizer Cutlery

Jun 24, 2013
    haha, good one! Our Kizer series knives using Titanlium as handle, they might fit your "Staying power" demand.;)

12. Kizer Cutlery

Jun 24, 2013
    Lol, yeah we all need knives as tools.

13. Kizer Cutlery

Jun 24, 2013
    Yeah! Blade forums is great!

14. Kizer Cutlery

Jun 24, 2013
    Its OK man, dont be sorry. Who didnt make a mistake once.;)

15. Kizer Cutlery

Jun 24, 2013
    It's like a primitive impulse of man? When you see it you would wanna buy it and hold it!;)

16. Kizer Cutlery

Jun 24, 2013
    Yes, indeed. Kizer wanna make this kind of knives for you.

17. Kizer Cutlery

Jun 24, 2013
    WOW, true!! A knife is realy needed for some situation that may happen! Preparing for what may happen is a right thing to do. Especially for protecting family. But needed is not love, dont you think?

18. Kizer Cutlery

Jun 24, 2013
    haha, nicely done! Love it then buy it! If you dont have a Kizer knife then come and see!! You might find you new love!

19. Kizer Cutlery

Jun 24, 2013
    Yeah!!! Like your answer .

Scott Hemleben likes this.
  20. Cosmodragoon

Cosmodragoon

Jan 1, 2019
    This comes up and it's worth considering. Folding knives are often carried because they are convenient. They can do a lot of stuff. They can help you out in various emergency situations. In actual defensive encounters, they aren't great. First, you have to get them out. Then, you have to get them open. Then, you have to use them effectively. All of this could be happening in a very fast or very surprising situation. You could be hurt. You could have someone or something on top of you. You'll have to count on the knife staying open, not breaking under what could be considerable force, and in some cases, doing enough damage to reliably stop a threat.

To see some actual defensive encounters, check out "Active Self Protection" on YouTube. (Viewer discretion is advised.) It may also be worth checking out defensive caliber comparisons on the gun forums and channels. Looking at what bullets need to accomplish may shed light on what a defensive blade needs to do. It's a lot to ask from a pocket knife. If you need a defensive tool, guns really are the best option if possible. If you want a defensive knife, fixed blade is the way to go. Which fixed blade is a whole other topic.

Kizer has a few fixed blades. I recently missed out on a Pinkerton Lancer. Since being discontinued, Blade HQ had a big close-out sale. I think it dipped well under a hundred bucks. I literally missed it by a mouse click.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020