Why does the new software not hold my login?

Hello all, am I the only person that's been having login problems over the last few days? I open forum, not logged in, so click the login button, it clicks as if it worked, but I'm still not logged in. No error msg or anything. This will last for a few hours, or next day I can log in..... then later in day I'm not logged in. Today I wasn't able to log in until almost 2pm. I'd been trying from time to time during the day.

I'm running LInux Mint 18, with Google Chrome Version 60.0.3112.101 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Thanks for any feedback and suggestions I might do.

OK, I just found the thread about making sure the "https://" is in front of bookmarks. I've edited my bookmark for that, now we'll see how it works out.

None of these suggestions work. There's something wrong with the server. I go to many other sites and they never have this problem. I'm done trying to fix my end, it's obvious it's not on our end.

It is my understanding that when fixing a corrupt cookie problem it is important to close the browser after you clear the cookies before trying again to log in.

Good idea, but unfortunately it didn't work. :(
Still with repeated log outs.

We can't fix it, the site is badly compromised. I've tried all the stuff people say to and it will log me out posting this. I'll have to log in again before it will post it. Phone and desktop. Something is wrong and it isn't going to work because we do this or that.

We can't fix it, the site is badly compromised. I've tried all the stuff people say to and it will log me out posting this. I'll have to log in again before it will post it. Phone and desktop. Something is wrong and it isn't going to work because we do this or that.

Same exact thing is happening with me now on my iPhone. Just started today. Very frustrating! I can't even edit my posts. Literally can not edit them because each time I try it brings me back to the beginning.

I replaced my shortcut with the HTTPS one and it fixed it for a while but started logging me out again yesterday. Also still not getting most email notifications.

Something else weird that I noticed, though I'm not sure if it'll be helpful in resolving the issue.

Just looked at a post a few minutes ago (before midnight) without being logged in and it showed it was posted yesterday at 10:57. Put the https:// on which logs me on to whichever page I'm viewing and it showed it was posted today at 9:57.

Might want to try logging in during the eclipse tomorrow, standing under the moon as it blocks the sun. Can't hurt anything at this point! :D

Seriously, phone wouldn't log in all morning, come back just now and it's already logged in. Very strange.

After a week of frustration, I tried this yesterday afternoon....so far it seems to be working for me (iOS).
I cleared all cookies and closed the browser
AND
I manually deleted BF from the "saved passwords" cache (settings-> safari-> passwords).

No unexpected logouts since then (fingers crossed). If it doesn't last, I'll post back.

I can't believe it's something on my end, because it wouldn't log me in on my phone for 3 hours, now changing nothing it logs in.

FYI for whoever needs to know this...

I was unable to log-in using Chrome and Brave. I was able to log-in using Firefox.

Starting this morning, I haven't been able to log in using my PC with Chrome. I can still use my iphone, but it logs me out constantly.
I've tried clearing all cookies/temp files/browser history and it makes zero difference.

After a week of frustration, I tried this yesterday afternoon....so far it seems to be working for me (iOS).
I cleared all cookies and closed the browser
AND
I manually deleted BF from the "saved passwords" cache (settings-> safari-> passwords).

No unexpected logouts since then (fingers crossed). If it doesn't last, I'll post back.

Just gave this a shot. Hopefully it works because this is real damn annoying, haha. I'll reply back if I have success as well.

I've been having minor log in problems recently, but today I can't login through Chrome. Microsoft Edge is working though

It's a little early to tell but 4mer's solution is working so far. Normally I'd have to sign in(again) just to post this. It seems like it had something to do with the saved password set up.

My problem started yesterday and I distinctly remember having to re-save my password when I tried signing in. Deleting that save(along with the cookies and history) seemed to make a world of difference for me.

Thanks 4mer!

Edit: I'm on iOS as well for you iPhone/iPad people.

Edit(again): I forgot to add that I chose not to save my password after doing those steps. I didn't want to take the chance of screwing it up.

Back