Why no new folding tanto designs?

Sal,

I would buy one, but the maker in Japan really needs to man up on working with non laminated blades. HAP 40 has been a great user with no rust and almost no patina. It was said the E4/D4 maker "doesn't like to work with non clad blades" and I for one like to purchase solid slab blades. If made in HAP 49 I would like to see a solid slab. I would add that I hope we do another run of cool steel in Endura through Ladybug but please no laminated steels this time.

I'm wondering if we could bypass it being a sprint and have the knife return to the lineup as a production model for some time.

S30V shipped to Japan, black G10, maybe smurf blue or something fun like that. Did Bob ever do any versions of the knife with a different lock?

Yes please.
image_zpsoflbnjhx.jpeg

Sweet collection Razeman,

So, for the purpose of discussion, a Lum folder, Tanto. need more input.

Hey Rolf,

a "true" Tanto surely wouldn't be a Lum?

sal

CPM-154
Compression Lock if at all possible.
Pivot bushing, axle type thingy like pm2 if possible.
Not black g10 unless it's polished with a bolster...
Make it polished with a bolster please!

A low cost FRN model with the existing liner lock would be cool too. I'd happily shell out $100-125 for a blue FRN Lum Tanto folder. And a purple one... and an orange one... and a gray one...

Colorado made titanium frame lock (maybe fluted) with lockbar insert and a CPM 3V blade! Or use the dark green G10 like on the 204p Sprint millie. Keep the blade a little thinner to take advantage of 3V's toughness and maximize cutting performance!

This would be one hell of a knife, sign me up!

How about using the new Maxamet steel?

Super hard at around 65-68 hardness and excellent edge retention.

Standard production Lum tanto with S110V and blurple G10, just like all the other Golden models. And a Lightweight model in blue FRN. Currently have no clear opinion on lock type, liner lock like the Military or compression lock. Either way, I'd buy three!

It would be a home run to have the current gray and crueware combo in the Lum Tanto folder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back