Wicked Edge Owners....

Its interesting how Chinese antiques are so highly regarded, but modern Chinese products aren't...

As someone living in Asia, It boils down to quality control - if you demand a certain level of quality from your factory, you can get it. I've been dealing with this very thing for the past 12 years.

I have a Chinese Benro Carbon Fiber tripod and one of their most expensive ball-heads for my photography...I couldn't ask for better quality pieces of equipment. Even though both the tripod and the ball-head are their top of the line products, they are still half the price of and every bit as sturdy as the alleged best tripods and ball-heads made in Switzerland and Italy by the so called big guys of the tripod industry.
So I agree that if quality control is applied,the Chinese can make a product every bit as good as anyone. Pentax makes their cameras in the Philippines and their lenses in Vietnam and because of their quality control, their stuff is a good as Canon's for example, that are made in the home plant in Japan. It is all about qc. Obviously whichever parts of the WEPS are made in China, rigid qc was applied.

Best to all
Leo

What parts are made in the US? I know the thumb screws on the arms are metric, 5mm /.8mm pitch.

Couldn't tell ya. That would be a better question for Clay. I was just going by what Clay has already mentioned either in this thread or another thread about the WE.

"much of the Wicked Edge is made in the US, some is made overseas. When I first started trying to produce the product, the US hadn't yet entered the downturn and business here was booming. I put out RFQs to over 500 US companies and got literally zero responses. No one wanted to even consider making it, especially since my starting quantities were so low (only 1000 units.) So I began searching around the world and finally settled on getting some of it made in China."

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that the screws you mentioned are likely one of the parts manufactured in China.

Arfropubes thought that it was made in the USA. I was just trying to save him some grief if he had a problem, with it being made in China.

I just asked what parts are made in the USA?
Do you know?

Exactly . And thanks . For that .

I have no idea about taiwan but in china the products made for export and the products made for the locals are totally different qualities.

Today i just bought my son a wii made for the korean market, they loaded every game ever made for the system , four controllers and all for 125 usd . I feel so dirty.
But that's the way it is here.

I have read nothing but good comments about this product and I happily paid my coin. In addition i really would like to add it to my catalogue to sell both in the mainland and japan , based on the reputation it has on the web .

I really do look forward to receiving my weps and i don't care if it was made in the dprk (by his holiness fat Kim )long as it reduces the painful process of sharpening a knife for me.

I really think it's a shame that a lot of American manufactures do refuse to produce samples and small production runs it forces startups to source overseas and reduces the American workforce.

Peace and sharp knives.

Take care.

Shayne.

Here is my Sebenza 21, got it back today from Wicked Edge, Clay did a wonderful job, I don't care if made in China, Its all bout QUALITY and CUSTOMER services.

DSC00757.jpg

DSC00752.jpg

[video=youtube;GhzIUNIFQjE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhzIUNIFQjE[/video]

Nice looking Sebbie. What angles did he use for the bevel? I can't watch the video, so if he mentions it there, that's why I ask.

Nice looking Sebbie. What angles did he use for the bevel? I can't watch the video, so if he mentions it there, that's why I ask.

The First time I send it in, I think is 20 degree angle, the 2nd time I send it is 18 degree, I think is prefect now, hair poping sharp.

First time is sharp for cutting paper, I found out from Chris Reeve knife, 18 degree angle is best for popping hair :), I can go down to 15 degree will be hair splitting sharp, but I want both world, sharp and durability.

Back