• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Winner Post #104 - What You Like Best Contest - Winner gets to pick their prize

#B716 Ribbon Curl Hawaiian Koa - Stabilized Block

Ribbon curl hawaiian KOA is really calling to me. The koa burls and the figured old growth redwood is also great.

What I don't like are dyed woods. Anything that takes away from the natural colors!

Last edited:
I really like the Stabilized koa blocks. B300, B444, and B445 are superb.
Thanks ,Mark.

I like the #B668 Figured Old Growth Redwood - Stabilized Block

I made a few pieces with some california buckeye burl that was very nice to work with and looked awesome as well.

#B628 Leopard Spot Black Palm - Stabilized Block

Already have a piece sitting on my desk at work, it's so nice. Now, I just need to made a blade befitting it.

I really like how the black dyed maple turned out as well.
I am cutting a bunch more from the same burl to be dyed and stabilized.
Any suggestions on colors?
I was thinking; black, blue, and orange

I think blue would be perfect. Contest or no, I'd get a set of blue scales!

I gotta say, I'm loving that dyed stabilized maple block #B391! Thanks for the giveaway, Awesome idea!

Thanks,
Noah

All the Koa is awesome, but I have a soft spot in my heart for walnut and the figured walnut burl #B704 is my choice.

Thanks, Mark!

Great giveaway.. thank you! my favorite is #B438 Dyed Maple Burl - Stabilized Block

Hello Mark,

Awesome pieces of wood there but, would have to narrow it down to #B444 Curly Red Koa - Stabilized Block. Thanks for the chance Mark!

Eric

I like #B253 Walnut Burl - Stabilized Block. Just something classy about walnut. Plus I already have some of your redwood and koa. ;)

I like b444 curly red Koa. Stabilized block-Very nice figure thanks mark

I like #F119 Ziricote - Stabilized Folder Scales. There is some really nice figure in all of the Ziricote scales, but I like this set the best. Thanks for the chance Mark.

Back