• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Winner Post #104 - What You Like Best Contest - Winner gets to pick their prize

I am a sucker for old growth Redwood Burl but from your store pieces I found myself drooling on my keyboard over the Curly Red Koa and if I had to just choose 1 block it would be #B301

a20791f12f5a710dc93979_m.jpg

I gotta agree with Mike...great redwood...But I see it everywhere since I've in the middle of it.
But that Koa rocks. # B301

#B751 Redwood Burl <---I know I am not the only one that likes this one. Nice figure!
The ^^ Koa above is nice too!

Where is the Amboyna, Buckeye burl? 2 of my favorites!

If I didn't already have a lifetime supply of redwood burl, I would choose B751 because that is just a great block of wood. But, I do have a ton of redwood so I have to go with that nice tight pattern of the Koa block B444. You have some really nice stuff. Thanks for the contest.
-Mike

I liked #B752 Redwood Burl - Stabilized Block.

I've noticed #B751 Redwood Burl - Stabilized Block has been fairly popular but i like the slightly lighter colours in 752 would come up nice.

There's certainly some dynamite pieces in here, but I'll pick B716 Ribbon Curl Koa because it's not only
beautiful, but I've never seen this figure before.

I like this one the most:
#B668 Figured Old Growth Redwood - Stabilized Block

That's the one, B751. I didn't see anything else that was quite as nice as that redwood.

There's certainly some dynamite pieces in here, but I'll pick B716 Ribbon Curl Koa because it's not only
beautiful, but I've never seen this figure before.
a20791f12f5a81a6e9c254_m.jpg

Most of the ribbon curl has been going to makers of guitars and Ukeles in Hawaii.
I got lucky and found an old timer Koa guy who calls me every couple months and sends me some.
One of the boxes had some of this crushed velvet looking stuff.
It is kind of weird. Big color change from light to dark as you move it around.
a20792012f75c55990e716_m.jpg

Another box of the ribbon curl showed up yesterday. I will cut it up and send it to K&G next week.

I am still adding pieces so you guys are welcome to go back and pick out a second favorite for another entry into the drawing.
The more entries you have the better your chance of winning. Just try to limit your entries to once every couple days.

Also, please feel free to make a post telling me what you like that you think I should get to offer for sale. Is there anything else you guys like that you have a hard time finding?

Last edited:
Love that B716 ribbon curl koa.

The B737 koa is really nice too. On different days I'd probably waffle between those two.

My favorite is #B391 Dyed Maple Burl - XXLG Stabilized Block... just plain killer.:thumbup: Thanks for your generosity!:D

Back