WIP Hydraulic forge press (pic heavy)

It SHOULD NOT stop when pressing. It should make a bogging down sound as the second ( higher pressure/slower speed) stage kicks in. The motor/pump should be running all the time.

My question would be the one Hugo asked, "Are you sure you have the right valve and hose setup????" When the pressure maxes out, the relief by-pass should open and send the fluid back to the tank. If you are running a closed system (plumbed up/down only) with no by-pass, that would be a really bad idea.

I fixed the issue. I just abided by the troubleshooting guide, and wallah... I had the unloading valve set too high.... It's running throughout the entire cycle now, not the slightest hint of stall...

I have burned through about 4 - 20# tanks of propane just squishing just about everything I thought needed squishing... Videos, videos videos.... I shall follow through on this... tonight hopefully...?

He is busy welding grinders on the anvil of the press so he can automatically clean up billets as he squishes them. This will make for super fast folding. :)

HA HA ... Just saw this.... Zing!!!!!!! 1- point; Stacy!

I now have a proper grinder and decreased the chances of eating a flap-wheel.... Nom Nom nom.

SinePari, you're not getting away with just letting this thread quietly disappear into the fuzzy mists of obscurity.

The People demand a video of your forging press in action. I personally would like to see a full family-size can of beef stew assailed with your machine.

SinePari, you're not getting away with just letting this thread quietly disappear into the fuzzy mists of obscurity.

The People demand a video of your forging press in action. I personally would like to see a full family-size can of beef stew assailed with your machine.

... You assume a family-sized can of Dinty Moore can survive long enough to be victimized by the press... :D

I'd smash a can of Phill's PBR if i wasn't certain that it'd make my smithy smell like hotdog hunch punch and vomit.

again my apologies, my apologies, to you all... I've been getting lost in everything as of late. I had to do myself a favor and piece together a "Grinder-In-a-Box" from Polar Bear Forge along with building another from scratch for a friend. I've been practicing, practicing, practicing my "freehand" grinding. The sacrificial leaf spring material I have on hand is shrinking, and the availability of "pattern-welded" billet material is growing. I've got everything from 200+ layer tongue charms, 1084/wire rope San Mai billets, a couple of 200+ 15n20/1080 "projects" that I'm pretty excited about...

To make things even more complicated I scored two bars of 2x30x3/8 154CM from your neck of the woods Mecha. The shipping costs surpassed the cost of the lump, lol... I was hunting for the material with a special person in mind (R.B.), now I have surplus... :D

I'm a total cherry when it comes to everything knife-related so you can see how the capabilities of this machine could catapult me out of orbit.

... You assume a family-sized can of Dinty Moore can survive long enough to be victimized by the press... :D

Of course what a silly assumption!

[video=youtube_share;PPgR93MEUL0]http://youtu.be/PPgR93MEUL0[/video]

[video=youtube_share;fbQIdOqPf48]http://youtu.be/fbQIdOqPf48[/video]

These videos were shot by phillllberto, after he christened it with it's first ever heat.... Always get your crazy friends to try the dangerous stuff out first... :D I almost shat my pants when it cracked a 1/2 piece of hardened D2 flattening die. You can hear the pump whine and choke, that has since been fixed. Also We're (myself,phil, and evan) are all much better at working the slide... I'm looking at myself bring the shaft up nearly a full 8 inches for a 1/4" piece of hot stuff... lol

Back