WIP Pictures for January Batch... Merged the threads.

Fletcher Knives

STEEL BREATHING BLADE MAESTRO
Welp... time to start the drooling. :D

Here is the batch that got profiled today. It has 3 new models in it, The High Plains Drifter, High Plains Jr., and the new and awesome Bush Operator XL.

WIP1.jpg

WIP2.jpg

WIP3.jpg

WIP4.jpg

WIP5.jpg

WIP6.jpg

WIP7.jpg

WIP8.jpg

WIP9.jpg

WIPA.jpg

WIPB.jpg

WIPC.jpg

WIPD.jpg

WIPE.jpg

WIPF.jpg

WIPG.jpg

WIPH.jpg

WIPI.jpg

WIPJ.jpg

WIPK.jpg

WIPL.jpg

WIPM.jpg

Last edited:
The Bush Operator XL is SO AWESOME!!!

ETA: Dangit, they are all spoken for? Bummer! Oh, well, got no money anyway! Can't wait to see how they progress!

Whatcha gonna do with all that extra steel, Dylan?

I didn't end up with any extra steel of mine. All of mine got scribed and profiled. The extra bars you see on the table in this picture is Andy's

WIPL.jpg

I didn't end up with any extra steel of mine. All of mine got scribed and profiled. The extra bars you see on the table in this picture is Andy's

WIPL.jpg

I was also referring to all the beautiful stuff between your knives in this picture:
WIPK.jpg

Damn it, my girlfriend was right, I never should have joined this site! The Hatchula is all I need! I swear! Its big and heavy and all one could ever wish for in a PSK (which is what I consider it)! And I dont even like bowies! But that High Plains Sickness looks awesome!

Damn! That is a lot of profiling. Are you using a bandsaw?

Excellent (need a Monty Burns icon for that).

Can't wait. Now, I have to think how to tell the missus that I've bought another knife...

I'd better have another beer for courage.

I was also referring to all the beautiful stuff between your knives in this picture:
WIPK.jpg

Ahhhh. Now I got ya. Actually, I'm saving all those leftover pieces. I have something in mind for all of them. Not telling yet though.

FletcherKnivesPoster.jpg

Damn! That is a lot of profiling. Are you using a bandsaw?

Nope. KMG. I can do a mid/large size knife every 6 minutes, and a big big chopper every 8 minutes. I think my record is like 45 blades in one afternoon.

Nope. KMG. I can do a mid/large size knife every 6 minutes, and a big big chopper every 8 minutes. I think my record is like 45 blades in one afternoon.

Man that is pretty darn fast. Or maybe I am just slow :confused: What belt and attachment are you using? Care to explain your process?

BTW, I really dig that XL Bush Operator :thumbup:

Man that is pretty darn fast. Or maybe I am just slow :confused: What belt and attachment are you using? Care to explain your process?

BTW, I really dig that XL Bush Operator :thumbup:

Thanks Ban. Earlier today, I profiled 16 knives. I averaged 5 minutes 45 seconds per knife.

I set the KMG to full speed and use a 10" wheel and work rest with a 36 grit Blaze belt. It took me a little while to get that fast. I've only completed something like 70 knives, but I've literally profiled probably closer to 1000. Andy started me out profiling knives when he started teaching me.
Even now, every time I profile a batch of my knives, I do a Giant batch of profiling for both of us and sometimes profile a batch for him in between. He finishes batches faster than I do. That dude can put together some damn knives. This year at Blade Show, my only purchase goal so far is a 14" wheel and riser block. I ABSOLUTELY HAVE to get one. I think that will actually cut my profiling time down a whole lot more.

Nice looking batch Dyl. Yea, I think he's a smidge faster than I am now. I really doubt a bigger front wheel is going to speed up profiling. Its the same belt speed. Might cool things down a smidge. A bigger drive wheel will drastically speed up the belt and then your profiling will get faster. But I really don't think it needs to get faster. I can finish a knife in 7 minutes. Thats plenty fast.

Loosing the weight you're loosing right now is likely going to slow you down some too.

Nice looking batch Dyl. Yea, I think he's a smidge faster than I am now. I really doubt a bigger front wheel is going to speed up profiling. Its the same belt speed. Might cool things down a smidge. A bigger drive wheel will drastically speed up the belt and then your profiling will get faster. But I really don't think it needs to get faster. I can finish a knife in 7 minutes. Thats plenty fast.

Loosing the weight you're loosing right now is likely going to slow you down some too.

According to the scales this morning, I'm down 15.7 lb. In 10 days, that's not too shabby at all. :D Aint gunna slow me down though. If anything, I'll be able to move faster since I won't be running into table corners and stuff with my big ole' gut. lol

Obviously I'm missing something here, but if you grind down those bars to the right shape with a belt grinder, how do you have pieces left over?

Dam broski awesome designs as always. I can't wait to get my pair and your killing me with that bush operator XL.

Back