1. Despite 2020 presenting more than its share of challenges, I'm thankful for all of you, and the community you guys have created. Hope that your homes are full of happiness, your fridge well stocked with leftovers, and your homes warm & loving.

WIP Pictures for January Batch... Merged the threads.

Discussion in 'Fletcher Knives' started by Fletcher Knives, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Md 25v

Md 25v

Jun 11, 2008
    Wow, kinda surprised at the price. That's quite a bit of extra grinding for only $20 over the regular Hatchula. I assume that this first one is for you? When will more be available. I have had to wait way to long (money troubles before) to get my first Fletcher and I'm pretty sure they are gonna be addicting.

Not that I'm impatient or anything......Well, maybe just a little:D

2. Fletcher Knives

Fletcher Knives STEEL BREATHING BLADE MAESTRO Moderator

Aug 30, 2007
    It is a lot more grinding, ....A LOT MORE GRINDING, but I also want it to be affordable to the average dude. ...for now. ;) Several people who know a lot more about the market than I do tell me that I don't charge near enough for a lot of my knives. When it comes down to it though, I always think of all the kick ass customs I wanted and could never afford. So I want it to be a lot easier to get mine. This one is actually for a customer. I still don't have one of my own yet. Someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse to make this one.

3. Thor1986

Thor1986

Jun 24, 2008
    I knew my ears were burning for a reason....lol. from what I can tell the trade will be well worth it for both of us bro. Hope it gets there quickly since were not to far apart.

4. Fletcher Knives

Aug 30, 2007
    It got here today. I just gave it a Fletcher sharpening. It was awkward peeling my tomato and prepping my dinner with it, being that thick of a blade, but I had to do it anyway. lol.

5. Joe Fowler

Joe Fowler

May 14, 2008
    Any WIP pics for today?

6. Thor1986

Thor1986

Jun 24, 2008
    Oh snap what's for dinner? Lol I can imagine prepping dinner would be awkward as hell with that thick monster.

7. Fletcher Knives

Aug 30, 2007
    I did take a couple yesterday, but only a couple. I figured I would just post them along with the next set of pictures. The blades are going to be tempering today so it's really just boring stuff. I could take a picture of the outside of the oven if you want. :D

I was having a salad (used the Busse to cut up the fresh head of lettuce, mushrooms, onion, and radishes), a pita with tomato, lettuce, and spicy mustard (used the Busse to peel and slice up the tomato and spread the mustard) and my disgusting Nutrisystem meal (almost used the Busse to commit [email protected]#$ing suicide because it was so nasty). That's about it. LOL!

8. Joe Fowler

Joe Fowler

May 14, 2008
    It's cool, I've seen an oven before. ;)

Looking forward to the next round of interesting pics, though!

9. Fletcher Knives

Aug 30, 2007
    Here's a few I forgot to load.

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Jeremy Horton

Jeremy Horton

Oct 1, 2007
    Big boy

11. Thor1986

Thor1986

Jun 24, 2008
    I feel your pain on the diet bro. I'm about to start my spring time diet and workouts to get lean for the summer. Needless to say 1100 to 1500 calories a day just doesnt even feel like you're eating to me. Gotta do what works though.

12. chainring

chainring KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 20, 2008
    Dylan, is the flat top line of that grind a result of you free-handing that blade across a roatary platen? The two little mild-steel blanks that I've played with on my KMG ended up looking like I drove across Texas with them dragging behind me on the highway - I can't make an even grind to save my life right now! If I didn't go too far and scuff the spine, then I couldn't get the grind up high enough on the blade - and it dang sure wasn't even and straight. You are my hero. I love these WIP threads, they are inspiring!

13. Fletcher Knives

Aug 30, 2007
    That is correct. All of my grinds are freehand. I use the waork rest for profiling so I can lay the steel flat on it, but after that point, it's all freehand. If you ever get the means and the time to come hang out in the shop with Andy and I, you should come on over.

14. chainring

chainring KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 20, 2008
    Dude, seriously, I'm going to take you up on that. I'm going to make 20 knives first, just so I know what I don't know, if you know what I mean! :)

15. Fletcher Knives

Aug 30, 2007
    I do indeed.

16. cmurphy

cmurphy

Jun 18, 2010

:thumbup: Big ups man. Making real working knives for real working people. Much appreciated

17. Md 25v

Md 25v

Jun 11, 2008
    Any more pics???
    as I try not to drool in anticipation:D

18. Joe Fowler

Joe Fowler

May 14, 2008
    Yes, +1 to that! :)

19. Fletcher Knives

Aug 30, 2007
    Not today. I spent the day customizing my new Busse and making a leather sheath for it.

20. Joe Fowler

Joe Fowler

May 14, 2008
    Dylan living the dream! ;)

I'll keep checking back. :thumbup: