WIP Pictures for January Batch... Merged the threads.

Yep. I made a pattern from the first one because I knew I would like it enough to add it to the line. They are $220 for the basic.

Wow, kinda surprised at the price. That's quite a bit of extra grinding for only $20 over the regular Hatchula. I assume that this first one is for you? When will more be available. I have had to wait way to long (money troubles before) to get my first Fletcher and I'm pretty sure they are gonna be addicting.

Not that I'm impatient or anything......Well, maybe just a little:D

It is a lot more grinding, ....A LOT MORE GRINDING, but I also want it to be affordable to the average dude. ...for now. ;) Several people who know a lot more about the market than I do tell me that I don't charge near enough for a lot of my knives. When it comes down to it though, I always think of all the kick ass customs I wanted and could never afford. So I want it to be a lot easier to get mine. This one is actually for a customer. I still don't have one of my own yet. Someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse to make this one.

I knew my ears were burning for a reason....lol. from what I can tell the trade will be well worth it for both of us bro. Hope it gets there quickly since were not to far apart.

It got here today. I just gave it a Fletcher sharpening. It was awkward peeling my tomato and prepping my dinner with it, being that thick of a blade, but I had to do it anyway. lol.

Oh snap what's for dinner? Lol I can imagine prepping dinner would be awkward as hell with that thick monster.

Any WIP pics for today?

I did take a couple yesterday, but only a couple. I figured I would just post them along with the next set of pictures. The blades are going to be tempering today so it's really just boring stuff. I could take a picture of the outside of the oven if you want. :D

Oh snap what's for dinner? Lol I can imagine prepping dinner would be awkward as hell with that thick monster.

I was having a salad (used the Busse to cut up the fresh head of lettuce, mushrooms, onion, and radishes), a pita with tomato, lettuce, and spicy mustard (used the Busse to peel and slice up the tomato and spread the mustard) and my disgusting Nutrisystem meal (almost used the Busse to commit f@#$ing suicide because it was so nasty). That's about it. LOL!

Here's a few I forgot to load.

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

CameraPic_1_20_2011B.jpg

CameraPic_1_20_2011A.jpg

CameraPic_1_20_2011C.jpg

CameraPic_1_20_2011D.jpg

I feel your pain on the diet bro. I'm about to start my spring time diet and workouts to get lean for the summer. Needless to say 1100 to 1500 calories a day just doesnt even feel like you're eating to me. Gotta do what works though.

Dylan, is the flat top line of that grind a result of you free-handing that blade across a roatary platen? The two little mild-steel blanks that I've played with on my KMG ended up looking like I drove across Texas with them dragging behind me on the highway - I can't make an even grind to save my life right now! If I didn't go too far and scuff the spine, then I couldn't get the grind up high enough on the blade - and it dang sure wasn't even and straight. You are my hero. I love these WIP threads, they are inspiring!

Dylan, is the flat top line of that grind a result of you free-handing that blade across a roatary platen? The two little mild-steel blanks that I've played with on my KMG ended up looking like I drove across Texas with them dragging behind me on the highway - I can't make an even grind to save my life right now! If I didn't go too far and scuff the spine, then I couldn't get the grind up high enough on the blade - and it dang sure wasn't even and straight. You are my hero. I love these WIP threads, they are inspiring!

That is correct. All of my grinds are freehand. I use the waork rest for profiling so I can lay the steel flat on it, but after that point, it's all freehand. If you ever get the means and the time to come hang out in the shop with Andy and I, you should come on over.

Dude, seriously, I'm going to take you up on that. I'm going to make 20 knives first, just so I know what I don't know, if you know what I mean! :)

Several people who know a lot more about the market than I do tell me that I don't charge near enough for a lot of my knives. When it comes down to it though, I always think of all the kick ass customs I wanted and could never afford. So I want it to be a lot easier to get mine. This one is actually for a customer. I still don't have one of my own yet. Someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse to make this one.

:thumbup: Big ups man. Making real working knives for real working people. Much appreciated

Not today. I spent the day customizing my new Busse and making a leather sheath for it.

Back