Wish List: What Would You Want?

As I was looking over knives I carry and use, I realized I have a lot of different knives which have different focuses. If you could get a Spyderco made to be exactly what you wanted, what would it be?

I would want a Jumpmaster, but with a few changes: The blade would be a full flat grind, and instead of H1, have it be LC200N with a slightly lower RC hardness so it uses all of the toughness which that excellent steel could provide (as an alternate, AEB-L with a fairly low hardness would do as well.) The bi-directional handles are good, but if they had just a bit more girth, they'd be great. Kind of like the scales the knife has now, but they've been hitting the buffet a little too much and they've swelled to plump proportions.

I'd turn the clip sideways so I could horizontally carry it on my belt, and it'd be on my hip every second of every day I wore pants.

What would you folks like to see our Golden friends make?

The Astute is my favorite spyderco design and while the quality is good for the price, I'd really love a premium version made in Golden with a higher end steel. Magnacut would be awesome but I'd be happy with anything S35vn or better.

51809795527_75d03873c7_b.jpg

I could use a C55 Starmate in M4 with 3mm blade stock. PB washers, with first gen handles, or even bead blasted Ti like the C15, aluminium ones.

Some of my wishes are already coming, like the new Dyad, I think that is coming, and Military 2 on the comp lock. Gonna love that one. There will also be a Civilian 2 at some point, it has been in the works for a while, I really hope they comp lock it and wave it. I cannot find an aftermarket wave for that, which really takes it out of the running compared to the Ma2, aftermarket waved Yojumbo.

- Reverse S PM2, I know some models exist, but only in a few select pockets. I'd LOVE one of these! Also, more tanto PM2 and milled-liner PM2.

- Mother of Pearl

- More Native Chief

- ZDP, other Japanese steels.

- A serrated, wharncliffe K390 small folder? Man/Ladybug?

- Official Spyderco x Victorinox Spydernox, two great, stand-up knife companies working together to bring us a SAK with Spyderco's style of blade and their steel, an easy to sharpen but good one like Cruwear, BD1N or SPY27? Yes!

- Bug steel upgrade from 3cr to 8cr or 9cr

- Enchanted/Haunted knives

Last edited:
The Paysan to restock.

Last edited:
Something similar in size and shape to the Military, but with a high hollow grind.

Where to begin. Spydercard and Kiwi sprint runs with clips.

Just out of curiosity, why S90 and not S110?

I cut a lot of cardboard at work. For whatever reason (maybe the finer grain structure), Larrin’s testing has shown s110v to have inferior edge retention compared to s90v with my type of workload.

S90v is also easier for me to sharpen. I have a fair amount of difficulty deburring s110v.

The one I have been wishing for is a titanium scaled ladybug or manbug. I am also hoping that the titanium scaled UKPK makes a return, as I missed out on that one.

I am also eagerly anticipating releases in magnacut, both the Native 5 salt and the manix. Can't wait!

Grizz

More Spyderco autos. The Autonomy 2 is fantastic and I'd love to see them do more like it.

Back