1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 21 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Megatherium!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives Megatherium, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, May 25; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Wish List

Discussion in 'W.A. Surls Knives (formerly WAS Knives)' started by allen456, Nov 2, 2014.

1. trestle

trestle

Feb 2, 2008
    An Arowana in 1/8" stainless or tool steel please, will take either. Synthetic handle of course, and no white pinstripes or scales.

2. morestag

morestag Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 7, 2007
    Bog oak anything

3. Nbrackett

Nbrackett Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 19, 2015
    Revere in Shadetree burlap with blue pinstripes if possible, I have a sheath waiting for it. :D

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  4. Odaon

Odaon Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  5. Tekton

Tekton

Mar 8, 2015

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  6. Nbrackett

Nbrackett Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 19, 2015
    Bog Oak Revere

7. varga49

varga49 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2016
    +1 for your as yet unnamed Japanese style kitchen knife !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Peroni1973

Peroni1973

Mar 25, 2010
    I would just about jump for joy at the thought of this;

Kanati in A2 or O1, tapered tang with Scandi grind on thin blade stock i.e. 1/8 or less (if less tang doesn't need to be tapered). Full wooden scales of ironwood or something similar with natural/white liners or similar...

...clearly, I'm considering a handy sized wood working knife ;) Don't have many Scandi's...

Ben

9. Blunt Edge

Blunt Edge Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 12, 2012
    Hello Allen. A super Grail Knife for me would be a Minuteman in 3/32" CPM-154 near full hight flat grind and tapered tang with 1/4 length Black G10 Bolster and Ghost Jade Green G10 Scales over Black liners and Green Pinstripes ( Double mint Ghost Jade Green I believe it's called with the addition of the short Bolster ). I would like to have the 1/4 length bolster splitting the distance between the first two handle pins and the second two pins so there would be two black pins visible in the Ghost Jade Green scales as well as the black ring around the lanyard tube. The Minuteman is my favorite EDC fixed blade pattern I own and use. I want it to EDC it but I know if I ever got this pattern in this scale combo it would probably end up a Safe Queen. :D

10. dorsett

dorsett

Nov 27, 2011
    Arowana in 5/32 A2? :D

11. Cdmayhem

Cdmayhem Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 9, 2013
    Patch in Oreo burlap over black and white with 1/8" steel would be awesome.

12. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Hey Allen,

Suppose I'm just in a Bobcat mood this evening :)

For each of these; just a smidge of a blade guard, black pins and lanyard liner, not overly wide/fat handles.

Bobcat Cherry Bomb with black liners & white pinstripes 3/32" CPM154 SFT or TT, flat ground

Bobcat Cotton Candy burlap with pink liners & white pinstripes 3/32" CPM154 SFT or TT, flat ground

If you're feeling crazy:

Bobcat sand blasted commando double black G10 (like Chris does/uses) 3/32" TT flat ground CPM154 with an unsharpened swedge (not a smooth G10)

Thanks,
    Jerry

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  13. varga49

May 1, 2016
    Hey there Allen ! I'll make my wish a lot easier than Jerrys. My Skiva has Osage orange with Maroon linen micarta with black g10 (I think) . I'm wanting perhaps a Moray but maybe a bigger brother to the Skiva with 3/32 blade for handling chopping chores for denser vegetables and larger cuts of meat. Full tang or SFT Osage scales with maroon bolsters and black liners...
    Thanks in advance
    Douglas

14. Warrior108

Apr 24, 2012
    And what exactly is this supposed to mean?? ;)

15. varga49

May 1, 2016
    lol easy now Jerry...[emoji41]I've been hinted to that he's looking close at that design already , unless Robert from the outposts is pulling my leg. Get much rain [emoji939]down there in corpus?

16. Cdmayhem

Cdmayhem Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 9, 2013
    This. :eagerness:

Or Patch in Oreo Burlap with black bolster and liners with no pin stripe and 1/8" steel would be good too.

17. Warrior108

Apr 24, 2012

Oh, that Robert deal may be partially my fault for sending my Osage Bobcat through the Outpost en route to Diomedes for sheath patterns. For some reason everyone wanted to lose that knife on me. :)

18. Luca917

Luca917 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Don't you have enough knives, Jerry?

19. Warrior108

Apr 24, 2012
    Nobody on this forum is supposed to ask that question. I think its a rule. lol

20. Luca917

Luca917 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2016
    I admit my mistake, and accept my punishment. I must spend the evening speed testing and submitting completely unnecessary posts just to reassure myself that my new computer will make the slightest difference on Wednesday evenings. That, along with the destruction I levied against my internet provider today, and their promise to return tomorrow with a new modem. Gotta love 0.29 mbps download/upload speeds!

Let's test this one!

Crap. A full, timed, 12 second delay. The technician is in for hell tomorrow!