Working Up the Spyderco Military...

Had multiple requests of late to develop the CAD/CAM/G-code files for the Military and add it to my portfolio. I finally began the process last week.......
I looked at your Flickr pix but I saw no info on how to contact you and I don’t have PM capability here @ BF. Is there an email address I can contact you at?

I looked at your Flickr pix but I saw no info on how to contact you and I don’t have PM capability here @ BF. Is there an email address I can contact you at?
Sure... take out the spaces and replace the AT and DOT with appropriate... sbutcher1552 AT yahoo DOT com

The clip is now secured with a threaded stainless plate nested in the reverse side of the scale.

The deep carry clip allows just a small portion of the butt to be visible...
sBUDl04.jpg

qB5dsUF.jpg

Nice! Sinister types like myself might wonder about the possibility of a L/R tip-down option for a RH Millie or even a 4-way option. We lefties do have our own liner lock Millie, but we do not have a tip-up option or the use of "super steels" such as S90v, M4, etc. We can generally operate the RH liner lock, but the standard RH tip-down clip position makes for awkward carry and draw.

I'm patiently waiting for delivery of my Grainger order of the 2-56 threaded inserts. They're coming via USPS with expected delivery on Jan 4th.

Once they land I'll need a day or so to work out the machining code for their installation. With that accomplished... I can begin machining requests.

First up will be a set of scales for forum brother Fullflat's profile modified Millie... in OD green G10 with FRAG texture. He got the ball rolling on my developing the Military with loaning me his burnt orange REX45 to scan.
Seths Military.jpg OBL SethsMilitary.png SethsMilitary.png

Looks great! :thumbsup:

Got a quick question though: the blade tip looks very close to the end of the scale when fully closed. Will it poke the finger if pressed there?

Looks great! :thumbsup:

Got a quick question though: the blade tip looks very close to the end of the scale when fully closed. Will it poke the finger if pressed there?
The tip is as close as I could get it so that flesh or fabric doesn't snag.

This modified profile was intended to be a ONE OFF design for forum brother Fullflat. It's his loaned Military that I worked up to arrive at the CAD/CAM/G-code files AND his request preferences that got me to that modified design.

I suppose if other desired this modified profile I would certainly accommodate... but that wasn't my original idea.
Xh3Tyc7.jpg

Last edited:
Stunning work. How do I go about ordering these? The last pics of the green cross hatch pattern are amazing. I want a couple of sets bad!!

Stunning work. How do I go about ordering these? The last pics of the green cross hatch pattern are amazing. I want a couple of sets bad!!
Thanks for that...!

These are not quite ready for prime time just yet. I want to get another set or two machined and fitted before offering up this new (for me) model...

These will be back burnered until I acquire another Military. Unknown what the time frame for that may be...

Gorgeous work, sir. Are tip-up lefty scales for a RH Millie a possibility?

Back