Worst cuts

JEEZ! Be careful!
My worst wasn't nearly as bad as most of what I've read here, I was laying on the couch sharpening my Gerber MKI and my son walked over (he was about 2 at the time, 18 now) and reached for the pretty shiny thing that Daddy was playing with. I jerked it out of his reach saying, "No son! You'll cut yourself!"
That's when I felt the warm trickle down my forearm. Seems in my haste to protect The Kid, I'd opened up the pad of my thumb quite nicely. Ran it under cold water til it quit bleeding and then packed it with flour.
Good clean flour is a perfect coagulant. Leaves a nice "weld" over the wound and very comfortable. Also, doesn't leave a scar. The scar is not even visible when finger printed.
(For CCW wise guys!)

------------------
I cut it, and I cut it, and it's STILL too short!

CHOPPED my thumb tip and middle of the index finger on my left hand with my sharp CS Kukri, several stitches - STUPID!

A guy I knew at my local bar named Willie knew I was a collector and would always ask if I had anything new. He made kind of nervous the way he would handle some of my knives but he was a cabinet maker and I figured he was used to being around sharp tools. One day I show up with a new Beretta folder, one of the old slabsided mirror polished drop points. It was brand new and razor sharp right out of the box. Old Willie opens and closes it a few times tells me how nice it is and breaths on the blade and wipes it on his shirt sleeve to clean it. It is winter and he is wearing a heavy flannel shirt with a long sleeve thermal undershirt. Well it seemed to me I saw his shirt sleeve seperate. I told him to check his arm. When he pulled his sleeve backhe had a cut about two inches long and because he had muscular forearms close to a half inch wide. It wasn't deep and there wasn't a lot of blood because he had drawn the blade across his arm FLAT but it was obvious stitches would be a good idea. His buddy almost fainted and begged him to go to the hospital but Willie just shrugged it off and mumbled something about having a needle and thread at home. It eventually healed but he has a rather nasty scar. Needless to say when ever he asked if I had anything new after that I always said no.

------------------
who dares, wins

When I was in the Navy, Sonarman Pingjockey,
There was this guy that came down to visit and watch me sharpen knives. He was very annoying and kept putting his hand flat on the bench next to the stones and saying `Come, cut me!' Well he kept saying that, and as I said he was annoying, so I reached over and gave a light run across the top of his hand, just opened the skin so it started to bleed, he screame `Hey! you cut me!' no kidding, that's what you have been asking me to do..... and ya know he never came back and annoyed me again while I was sharpening...go figure...

G2

------------------
When a fellow says, "it ain't the money but the principle of the thing,"
it's the money.
F. McKinney Hubbard

meltingpot.fortunecity.com/haiti/688

Back