Worst YT reviewer/knife channel ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll start by saying that i'd like to keep this civil and honest.

We've discussed what YT reviewers/channels that we like best and now i'd like do the opposite.

I'm well aware that some of these guys are active on the forums but a little constructive criticism never hurt.

Tell me who your least favorite YT personalities are and why (keep in mind this is merely opinion).

Last edited:
I dunno.
If I don't like them, I forget about them.

Probably nutn. 49min review on the Sebenza, and very little of it was about the knife.
He's far too interested in what he's saying.

I dislike many of the channels that seem to spread ego more than information.
YouTube is a great place for seeing knives in action, but not information, imo.

I take that back, NeptuneKnives is the worst knife-related channel, by far.

Can't believe I forgot those good times... :p

I used to like nutnfancy when his videos were short sweet and too the point, I got some good info on some good gear from the guy, but like someone else stated now you get 40 minute reviews, of him rambling with his "dudes" and "sweets" every other freakin word, honestly I tried to watch one of his videos about a week ago and I could handle about 4 minutes of it and i was done, he was OK about 4 years ago now I can't stomach his videos,but.....
The biggest Idiot on youtube award goes to IMO.....drumroll.......Neptuneknives, he's a moron. Don't believe me? Watch any one of his videos, he attempted to saw through a regular para 2 with the s90v sprint run version, 'nuff said..

Neptune definitely.

x4cto would make my list as well.

The guy doesn't offer a shred of useful information.

Honestly, who wants to hear about mrs. x4cto and his sex life?

Nasty...

Neptune also said Fantoni used a specially modified S30V, with higher carbon content, because the included literature said "S30V, a high-carbon stainless steel."

How he thinks that S30V can be anything but S30V is baffling.

I find reviewers who do the paper cut test the most annoying. I am not particularly impressed by a $150 blade that can cut paper. I once sharpened a plastic butter knife enough to cut paper. THAT was impressive!

Neptune definitely.

x4cto would make my list as well.

The guy doesn't offer a shred of useful information.

Honestly, who wants to hear about mrs. x4cto and his sex life?

Nasty...

Horses and Leprechauns? Hilarious!

For some reason I do find humor in watching someone do a 10 minute unboxing video of their brand new 200-500 dollar knife and listen to them talk about how they love it blah blah blah.... then a few videos later you see "200-500 knife torture test" where some idiot takes it out and tries to break it, I dunno why i find it amusing I guess the fact that some people are so stupid to spend their hard earned cash on a blade then take it out and destroy it, and the reason is always the same, I destroyed my knife so the people would know what it would take and you wouldn't haft to go out and destroy yours. Jee thanks moron I'll remember not to throw my knife tip first into a tree or rock , or try to chop down a tree with a folding knife.

The only thing to learn from neptune is exactly what NOT to do with your knives. Gotta love that intro though haha.

I might add tuffthumbz onto this list.

Perhaps some people like to hear his sob stories but im not one of them.

He might be tolerable if he could go 2-3 sentences without dropping 15 F bombs for no reason. The guy just generally bums me out.

"I'm gonna have a knife sale guys but i can't give these f*ckin' things away, i'm broke as sh*t and my girfriend f*ckin hates me guys"..

:( boohoo :(

I'll start by saying that i'd like to keep this civil and honest.

We've discussed what YT reviewers/channels that we like best and now i'd like do the opposite.

I'm well aware that some of these guys are active on the forums but a little constructive criticism never hurt.

Tell me who your least favorite YT personalities are and why (keep in mind this is merely opinion).

Civility? Honesty? Constructive criticism? Fat chance :p There's no way anything positive will come of a thread about "worst" anything. Still, there's no law saying that every topic on Bladeforums must have a positive outcome, so what the hell... I'll bite.
The worst ones are the guys with names I don't even remember. Even Neptune's better than some random guy with horrible video and mic quality showcasing some crappy MTech for fifteen seconds.

Even though he was the first knife video I watched, I would have to say Nutinfany. Before I knew anything about knives I thought his videos were good. But just like anything else in life once educated in a certain area your ideas may change. While this is not a personal attack on him, I cannot understand his ego, and his quasi opinionated ideas stated as facts. But Hey, "your mileage may very."

I don't know these reviewers personally and I'm sure these guys would be great to have a beer and some laughs with but when it comes to claiming they are doing knife reviews..........Nutnfancy has to be the worse of the worse. He sounds like he's talking to a 2 year old with his overly excited, overly emotional obvious descriptions of the knives (if and when he gets to the knives with all the other agendas he seems to have in his reviews).

X4cto comes off as one of the dumbest neanderthals (I'm sure he isn't dumb at all. That's just what he sounds like to me) when it comes to anything he reviews. He really brings nothing to the table. He talks about his personal life as if it were interesting in any way and it seems he does knife reviews only as an excuse to talk about sex with his wife. All around creepy dude.

I find most reviews worthless other than to see the knife compared to another knife. It seems too many reviewers have a camera problem, audio problem, personal problem, ego problem and they want to make sure they tell you about it. Most don't even know what the word review means and seem like guys that don't have much else going on in their lives.
If they were at least funny, it would be be bearable. Having said that......... I'm sure that if I did a YT review it would be much worse than anyone else's. That's why I don't do them......

X4cto comes off as one of the dumbest neanderthals (I'm sure he isn't dumb at all. That's just what he sounds like to me) when it comes to anything he reviews. He really brings nothing to the table. He talks about his personal life as if it were interesting in any way and it seems he does knife reviews only as an excuse to talk about sex with his wife. All around creepy dude.

That's epic :)

I still find it hard to believe that people actually subscribe to these guys.

Last edited:
I don't have the patience to watch hardly any of these. If they don't start talking about the knife in 20 sec, I'm outta there. Put someone in front of a camera, and they generally start rambling on....

Knife reviewers seem to think they are movie stars .Please do not go on and on and on.Tell me useful stuff ,RC hardness how does the knife perform in normal every day use .,How does it feel in your hand ,does it hold an edge ? Five minutes should be long enough to review any knife.Frankly most reviewers are boring as hell ,and thats why I have stoped watching them.

It is annoying when they start describing how the knife looks we can already see it is a video and yes that is a pivot. My vote would go to neptuneknives and nutnfancy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back