Worst YT reviewer/knife channel ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow this thread is absolute garbage and is completely devoid of class. But seeing how it was started by infamous threadcrapper "four_shore" I'm really not surprised.

Dan, I'd love to see YOU try to do a video review. It's real easy to be an armchair commando and talk a bunch of trash, but I've yet to see your efforts materialize into anything besides hot air.

I understand there are a good deal of poor quality knife videos on youtube, and it's a running joke for people on knife forums to stereotype and berate people on youtube (trust me, it's a two way street, and you are a shining example of the sterotypical asshat forum member), but calling people out by name does nothing but breed negative energy and invite contempt. And of course it's all done behind faceless avatars in typical gestappo forum style. No one here would have the balls to really attach their names to any of this nonsense, let alone say it to anyone's face.

I'm surprised such a patently negative and utterly worthless thread would even be allowed on a discussion forum intended to promote the intelligent discussion of knives. Grow up.

"infamous threadcrapper" (now that's pure class btw). Did you come up with that all by yourself?

99.9% of what i do on BF's is buy/sell/trade.

I rarely get involved in disputes here one the forums. I'm not saying that i never have but it's rare :)

Obviously you're (subliminally) defending some of your YT idols...

That's fine by me man, it's all opinion regardless.

I was more hoping that the members of this forum would hold themselves to a higher standard. Obviously the point has gone way over your head. Maybe I'll just make a video for you next time.

I'm sorry.
Yes, this thread isn't a positive thread, but it's not an evil thread.
If you want to defend NeptuneKnives and nutnfancy, go ahead. (Channels I, personally, said were no good.)

My comment was meant as a joke, hoping it would lighten your mood.
Obviously, my point went way over your head.

For all the praise some of these YT personalities get I figured it wouldn't hurt to hear from the critics. I came off a little insulting (sorry) i suppose but if the shoe fits...

I'll never consider some guy who makes "review" videos within seconds of un-boxing a knife anything worth watching.

It takes months of actual knife use (yes, use guys) to give a meaningful review on a knife.

Habitual flickers is all they are. Worried sick about carbidizing their lock face because the potential wear that 6000 flicks a day will cause.

Give me a break.

For all the praise some of these YT personalities get I figured it wouldn't hurt to hear from the critics. I came off a little insulting (sorry) i suppose but if the shoe fits...

I'll never consider some guy who makes "review" videos within seconds of un-boxing a knife anything worth watching.

It takes months of actual knife use (yes, use guys) to give a meaningful review on a knife.

Habitual flickers is all they are. Worried sick about carbidizing their lock face because the potential wear that 6000 flicks a day will cause.

Give me a break.

Hahaha, I agree. (Especially about the carbidizing.)

but, not everyone that watches a review is a knife user. Plenty of people are collectors and they want a collectors point of view.

Collector, user, we all love knives.

Hahaha, I agree. (Especially about the carbidizing.)

but, not everyone that watches a review is a knife user. Plenty of people are collectors and they want a collectors point of view.

Collector, user, we all love knives.

Absolutely.

I suppose initial impression/reviews are more acceptable if it's from a collector standpoint.

It's impossible for someone to predict how a knife will perform without real experience.

I still watch nutnfacy reviews if it is a knife I have had my eyes on. Just to see what he says and see if he whines about it being too heavy or not having enough JIMPING.

I liked his opinions on knives until I bought a Flash 1(feels so damn cheapy) and saw his EDC video. He wears a damn fanny pack. Just carry a purse, dude.

I don't think there is anything wrong with calling someone out on their reviews. You post a video on YT and it's open to opinions. "If you don't have anything nice to say, say nothing" does not apply when someone asks for your opinion. There is nothing "garbage" or "horrible" about a thread that shines a light on crappy YT reviews.

BTW, any reviewer that has to explain and apologize that he hasn't posted a review in such a long time (as if we can't live without their reviews) is on a garbage and horrible ego trip and I'm sure no matter how many pages of this thread they read, they will still think they are the best reviewer on YT (I can just hear them saying, "I don't care what people think" while posting another review to see what people think :rolleyes:) so I don't see anyone being insulted by being called out.

If people put up stuff on y-tube, criticizing them and their material is fair game. If you can't take the heat, don't post in the kitchen.

The behavior of many of the y-tube reviewers really shows that "normal" is just a setting on your washing machine :)

I find it hugely ironic that Four_shore takes issues with my vids, just based on the fact that he has sent me PM's to the effect of:

"i remember watching one of your older vids and you mentioning that you werent particularly fond of the (name of knife ommitted)

i've been considering getting one but was wondering what it was that you didnt like about it."

So Dan, you hate on me and my videos, yet you value my opinion? Seems a bit strange. Also, you know the part about me relying on guided systems to sharpen is false. You have sent me a PM in the last year asking me for free handing tips, in which you acknowledged that I am very proficient at free handing. As a matter of fact, the very first time I touched steel to stone I got a hair whittling edge, on video. I'd say that my reliance on guided systems is just about zero. :)

Brownshoe is exactly right. To be happy making YT videos you must be extremely open to criticism, it's just part of it.

Insulting a man's sharpening abilities on BladeForums? :eek:

(Also, is publicly sharing PMs an acceptable thing to do?)

Insulting a man's sharpening abilities on BladeForums? :eek:

(Also, is publicly sharing PMs an acceptable thing to do?)

The way I see it, when someone blatantly lies about you just to fit his insults, I'd say yeah it is. Beside, I didn't share a PM, I paraphrased. :)

The way I see it, when someone blatantly lies about you just to fit his insults, I'd say yeah it is. Beside, I didn't share a PM, I paraphrased. :)

His opinion of you changed, and he was simply sharing his honest review of your channel/videos.
Nothing wrong with some honest insults and lies, right?

(I'm partly joking. I agree with your choice.)

and to stay on topic, I honestly think that jdavis is one of the worst channels, because his sharpening skills make me feel inferior as a man.

opinions change.

especially after all the crap you stir up right here on the forums.

shall i go down the list?

i wouldnt be able to have an opinion about your channel if i never did in fact watch your vids.

plenty of people loved nutnfancy and that rapidly changed...

what's ironic is that you seem to have a disposable income yet request donations. i definitely took you more serious when you made instructional sharpening/tip vids.

these days it's all bs and ego.

constantly concerned about the quality of your knives.

4 bent caly 3's (no evidence)

s35vn ordeal (swing and miss)

sage 2 lock face wear (that's what happens when all you do is flick your knives)

VECP epic fail (you cut yourself, it must be les georges fault).

the last time you started crap on here sal literally sounded annoyed by you. that was the supposed bent caly 3's.

anyway, this isn't all about you so nice try calling me out. i just find your channel over rated.

none of your sharpening methods are even anything special. you totally bit solo's sharpening system and didnt give him credit until you were called out on it.

and it wasn't all that long ago that you were sending him messages like this...

"I wish I could get a polished edge like that using ANY method. My sharpmaker sure won't do it, maybe the edge pro will. Your polished edge just looks so good. You KNOW your edge is good when it shines like that. Props to you man. I just can't do it".

who are you fooling?

anyway back on topic. it's an opinion and you shouldn't be so hurt by it.

Last edited:
I wont put a name to my comment but I watched a video where the person was explaining that he didn't have enough time and money to ship some prizes he had given away in a contest. He then sat in his car and complained about how he was so broke that he couldn't buy food and his life sucked...all the while playing with his brand new CRK Umnumzaan! I will never support that guys channel.

John- I know you can defend yourself, but the amount of BS here would take hours to address, so I figure I'll help out a bit.

what's ironic is that you seem to have a disposable income yet request donations.
No adsense, and sisal rope is expensive.

i definitely took you more serious when you made instructional sharpening/tip vids.
Pretty sure he still does those.

Kinda seems normal for a knife enthusiast.

Never heard about that, no comment.

He backed up his claims with evidence. And many other people had the same problems, there's a multiple-page thread in the CRK forum about re-heat-treating S35VN.

sage 2 lock face wear (that's what happens when all you do is flick your knives)
He hardly made a big deal about that.

Who would lie about something like that?

the last time you started crap on here sal literally sounded annoyed by you. that was the supposed bent caly 3's.
As opposed to what, sounding "non-literally annoyed?" Anyway, like I said, I haven't seen the Caly 3 thread.

anyway, this isn't all about you so nice try calling me out.
But it is. The whole subject of the thread is YouTube knife channels. That means him, along with a few others.

none of your sharpening methods are even anything special.
When have they been claimed to be?

you totally bit solo's sharpening system and didnt give him credit until you were called out on it.
When? Where? Links? Proof?

"I wish I could get a polished edge like that using ANY method. My sharpmaker sure won't do it, maybe the edge pro will. Your polished edge just looks so good. You KNOW your edge is good when it shines like that. Props to you man. I just can't do it".
And now he can. Very well, too. What's your point?

anyway back on topic.
You've been on topic the whole time. What's this thread about, again?

Passive-Aggressive

John- I know you can defend yourself, but the amount of BS here would take hours to address, so I figure I'll help out a bit.

congrats perhaps you can donate to his channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhjN3SgUfp4&feature=plcp

go to page 5 on the comments to see where he gets busted and then says "I actually didn't realize until you pointed it out but this is the exact set up you did those sharpening vids with."

seriously?

talk about lack of humility. he could have just admitted (prior to getting called out) that the entire set up was influenced solely by solo.

i'm sure most people will brush it off as randy did (which is fine).

no comment on the caly 3 thing huh? never heard of it? that's because he closed the thread once people started questioning his motives..

that was it for me. i guess it's always something right?

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...not-a-single-one-of-them-has-a-straight-blade

one crap cellphone picture 4 bent knives and no video (which he did claim that he would make).

at one point i thought his vids were decent (again, opinions change).

at this point i'm only backing my statements.

Last edited:
what's ironic is that you seem to have a disposable income yet request donations.
No adsense, and sisal rope is expensive.

consider how much money this guy spends on knives...if you can do that, the situation becomes insulting.

i definitely took you more serious when you made instructional sharpening/tip vids.
Pretty sure he still does those.

when?

Kinda seems normal for a knife enthusiast.

i should've said overly concerned to the point of complete OCD.

Never heard about that, no comment.

of course you haven't..

He backed up his claims with evidence. And many other people had the same problems, there's a multiple-page thread in the CRK forum about re-heat-treating S35VN.

he fought tooth and nail about this and the fact is, people make mistakes (even CRK). he was gassed up on that whole thing to the point of annoyance.

He hardly made a big deal about that.

i guess making a public video which once again questions spydercos quality is not a big deal.

Who would lie about something like that?

lie? i didnt say that. however, i would like to see proof from him that the lock was failing with normal use. i think he just cut himself...it happens.

As opposed to what, sounding "non-literally annoyed?" Anyway, like I said, I haven't seen the Caly 3 thread.

you shot a blank here but that's ok.

anyway, this isn't all about you so nice try calling me out.
But it is. The whole subject of the thread is YouTube knife channels. That means him, along with a few others.

i said it's not all about him, which it's not. there are other YT channels in case you didn't realize.

none of your sharpening methods are even anything special.
When have they been claimed to be?

but he's the "art of sharp" remember?

you totally bit solo's sharpening system and didnt give him credit until you were called out on it.
When? Where? Links? Proof?

done

And now he can. Very well, too. What's your point?

me too :) what's yours? we can agree to disagree..

anyway back on topic.
You've been on topic the whole time. What's this thread about, again?

you

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back