1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Would anyone else be upset with jimping like this?(resolved)

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Idahonotu, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Gravy

Gravy Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2014
    Man, going off of all the stuff I've read about DDR in the past couple months is blows my mind that people still buy from them. o_O

Mo2 likes this.
  2. Lapedog

Lapedog

Dec 7, 2016
    Snafu would have been my choice too! Either that or a druid!

Idahonotu likes this.
  3. b00n

b00n Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Well, to be fair, he's been waiting for quite a while, and not everybody follows social media super closely. Plus they have been stringing people along when it came to custom builds and it was more about their production/small run knives.

Idahonotu likes this.
  4. Gravy

Dec 16, 2014
    Fair enough, but if you're about to drop $4k on a knife you really should thoroughly research the company (I'm not trying to say that OP didn't, they probably did). Hopefully this thread will make that a little easier for people going forward.

Also, would you mind clarifying the phrase "Stringing people along"?

Idahonotu likes this.
  5. b00n

Dec 15, 2016
    They keep making excuses, why things take longer, act like the build is done soon, waiting tactics basically otherwise known as conning people.
    What they are doing with their Balisong Build, taking preorders making everybody wait while at the same time building expensive pieces they auction off for thousands on IG.

Gravy likes this.
  6. Brawny

Brawny

Aug 6, 2018
    I didn't read the whole thread but you do know that "k" means 1000 right?
    That simply can't be right

Gravy likes this.
  7. b00n

Dec 15, 2016
    Yes, 4000$. And yes it can be right. You can check a certain Arizona Website for what custom knives can go for. Just yesterday a less intricate knife went for 2600$ on Instagram. And it had no full Mokuti Scales.

/I will caveat with the addition that is certainly is on the high end of the price scale and there is not that much room above it with a couple exceptions of course.

Gravy and Brawny like this.
  8. Brawny

Brawny

Aug 6, 2018
    I was not doubting his veracity, that was merely a small sample of my meager attempt at sarcasm. It's hard to believe that a $4,000 knife could leave the shop that way

9. b00n

Dec 15, 2016
    You need more emojis! And yeah, for that money I'd expect the maker to hand deliver it, bring a case of (quality) beer and some BBQ so we can celebrate a proper delivery. Not this. I am glad he got his refund. Just one more nail in DDR's coffin as far I am concerned.

Idahonotu, Gravy and Brawny like this.
  10. Brawny

Brawny

Aug 6, 2018
    Yeah, I got that there dry humor that doesn't lend itself well to emojis :(

b00n likes this.
  11. Gravy

Dec 16, 2014
    Were they the ones who posted a picture of a Cold Steel Bali as a WIP pic? Or am I mistaken?

chainring likes this.
  12. b00n

Dec 15, 2016
    Yeah, and the Combat Hobbit...I mean Lynn Thompson is planning on going after them for the Arch Angel Trademark/Copyright Infringement. I think the picture you're referring to wasn't from Cold Steel though but another Bali Maker and they claimed "it was just for reference" when they were called out.

Gravy likes this.
  13. bobobama

bobobama Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 15, 2017
    I was waiting for you to weigh in. Point well taken;).

14. Idahonotu

Idahonotu

Mar 24, 2016
    my order goes back to last October and there was limited info regarding build completion and customer service bit I hope my account saves someone else from a similar mistake and at least gives them more info then was available before.