• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Would You Like a Regrind

How are you getting the CRK's reground without damage to the studs? I saw somewhere that CRK replaces them during spa treatment because removing them causes permanent damage. So I assume you don't remove them when you regrind.

How are you getting the CRK's reground without damage to the studs? I saw somewhere that CRK replaces them during spa treatment because removing them causes permanent damage. So I assume you don't remove them when you regrind.

There is some minor damage to the finish on the thumb stud. They are a very tight press fit and I am using aluminum rod to drive them out, but it still happens.
Removing and reinstalling in no way effects the fit or the performance of the thumb stud.

I can get it done for you.
I have been asked a couple times to regrind one, but no one has sent one to me yet.

Yeah, sorry Chris--we corresponded about a regrind, but life got busy and that had to be pushed back. Breaks (auto) have to come first! It is still something I'm interested in, so hopefully not too far into the future.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

dBHCD2D.jpg

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

dBHCD2D.jpg

Those Manix 2's are really growing on me.
I have not carried a folder in over 2 years, I have not bought a knife in at least that long, but the regrinds on these knives are really making me think I want one.

I just got two regrinds back: a Spyderco zdp Stretch and Benchmade 484 in m390. :D
I'll have to wait to put them to more extensive use but the Stretch floated though my lunchtime apple. Chris did some extra work to thin and maintain the swedge on the 484. It's way beyond my expectations; I feel like I have a custom. I wish I had a camera because it's awesome.

Thanks Chris!

Last edited:
Got some new ones to show off.

First another Hinderer Spanto came in to become a Slicer.

IMG_2557.jpg

IMG_2555.jpg

I think this is the best one I have done thus far. It is a good thing to be getting better with each one.

Next is another Spyderco Manix 2 S110V.
This one finished off around .010" behind the edge, and check out that killer swedge the owner wanted me to add.

IMG_2561.jpg

IMG_2562.jpg

I am really liking these Manix 2's.

The last one I have to show is another Manix 2 in CTS BD1
This one the owner wanted it turned into a Wharncliffe

IMG_2558.jpg

IMG_2560.jpg

That Hinderer looks great. I still like mine, I'm just being curious here, are the Hinderer's you've done to date have the same regrind as far as thickness of the blade is concerned?

That Manix with the swedge gives me an idea, but the knife in mind isn't out yet. I'll be emailing/messaging you sometime.

Loving my Hinderer and the swedge on the Manix is awesome! That knife looks great.

Sent you a email about another possible regrind. Thanks

- frank

Back